What some people will do to get out of skiing at Blue Mtn.

Philpug

Read your post on epicski...that's rough. It's a good sign that you can walk on it. I had a similar injury 2 years ago, I partially tore my MCL 2 nights before Christmas. I was able to ski at Blue again by early March. Since your injury happened about a month later than mine (in the season) hopefully you'll recover for the end of the season. Good luck.

Good luck with that. Do you know when you'll find out for sure? If its bad and they say no more skiing just switch to snowboarding - a lot less work for your knees. My girlfriend and my other friend have torn their meniscus and they ride with a brace and have no problems on steeps/jumps/rails anything - snowboarding is way safer for lower body injuries.

Good luck with that. Do you know when you'll find out for sure? If its bad and they say no more skiing just switch to snowboarding - a lot less work for your knees. My girlfriend and my other friend have torn their meniscus and they ride with a brace and have no problems on steeps/jumps/rails anything - snowboarding is way safer for lower body injuries.

No snowboarding for Phil, I blew out my ankle boarding...two screws in it.

This was not intended but...I might not make it to Blue as I promised. Another Bear goes down. I will uphold my end of the bet, it just might not be this season.

Jeez, Phil, put some ice on it and then get back on your skis. Most doctors are like car mechanics----they get paid to fix something. Shake it off, bro. Anything you can ski away from wasn't that bad. :rolleyes:

^HAHA

im pretty sure youre kidding but just in case you arent

you all remember my thread about my knee. i told myself to suck it the hell up and i just made it worse.

get an mri asap man

idk how local you are but if you live near downingtown definitely check out Advanced Orthopedics (Dr. Lyons and Dr. Manta) in downingtown

Edited by k2fujative

Especially for your balls..

and the general groin area.

Actually thats the only reason I switched to snowboarding. I was doing park skiing before twin tips were really out, and I nutted myself on a rail and after I got up after the pain I said FUCK THIS i will never do a sport where you can get nutted again. And that was my last day on skis. It scares me skateboarding but I'm not doing rails that are high enough to get nutted on. Ironically enough I did once get semi-nutted snowboarding, one of those death cookies popped up from my toe edge and hit me right next to the balls and it was a near nutting experiance without ever falling. I had a welt like I was hit with a paintball so glad it missed.