THE MOST AMAZING DAY EVER!!!!!!!

AtomicSkier

I pulled into the lot at 7:10, booted up, and was scanned in and waiting for Doug by the time he was coming down the mountain, so I waited about 2 minutes for him,and we were on our way at 7:25. Razors was sweeet with a fresh coating of blown snow making it oh so sweet. We got 6 runs on Razors before the race team jib honks closed it. Challange (Shall-onge) was freakin sweet. After our second run mbike-ski mike joined in until 9:30. We eventually rode the lift with concussion Ted turned skipatroller Ted, and he had a lot to say as usual. Snow was perfect everywhere. Not a death cookie in sight, and everyone was just soooo smooth and PERFECT. By 8:32 we had done 8 runs, and by 9:35 we had done 14. Those lifts really boot you up there. Around 9:30 they opened Razors back up, and the "CLOSED" tape was on the ground and they were rolling it up. There was a line to the left of people waiting, so I just ollied over the tape and someone yelled "HEY!" and Doug did it to and one of the race guys said "HEY JACKASS!" They're not practicing smartstyle, and should be fired for saying that to a paying customer.

So, things were going along great, we ended up doing some laps off the quad. Once Mbikemike left, it was just Doug and I, and two patrollers were to our left in the quad line. So we got on the lift with them. Here is a little dialog as we were on the lift:

Jeff: "Hey Doug, we should do a bomb run down Paradise"

Doug: "haha"

Doug: (turns to patrollers) "So how are you guys doing today"

Patroller: "Great, the snow is great too, they put alot of money into snowmaking here"

Jeff: "They should put more money into grooming"

Patroller: (giving me an idiotic look) "What?"

Jeff: "Grooming sucks here"

Patroller: "How so?"

Jeff: "Um, up until today there were death cookies everywhere"

Patroller: "Its a balance between good snow and putting it down fast"

Jeff: "Have you ever been to Jack Frost? They know how to do it there"

At this point I'm like the who the hell IS this guy, he's a freakin retard

Doug: "So do you guys know Ted? He's a new patroller"

Patroller: "Nope"

Doug: "How about Seth Rubino?"

Jeff: "Yea, the idiot that goes down the steps and gets wrecked"

silence...

Doug: "We're also good friends with Mark Miller"

Patroller: "I'm Mark Miller"

I'm DYING at this point, laughing so hard

Patroller (MM): "You were the guys I wrote up last year"

Doug: "Yup"

I still can't help laughing

Doug: "You're famous on our website"

Jeff: "Yea, the imfamous Mark Miller"

Doug: "Yea, 1100 people know who you are"

Mark: "Is that so?"

Jeff: "Yup, everyone knows who you are"

I'm giggling like a school girl at this point, it was soo funny

Mark: (looking at me) "You're the one that knows Scott right?"

Jeff: "Yupp"

He went on to tell us about a story about him and fellow ski patroller that I know, Scott in Aspen

Doug: "We're not in the database yet this year"

Mark: "Well, since you brought up Scott's name last year, he's a good guy and a good friend of mine, so I never put you in the database"

At this point I was sort of pissed. I thought I was a badassmofo for being in the database.

Jeff: "Let's do a really fast fun down Paradise"

We were skiing on paradise when we got caught by Mark Miller last year. We got off the lift, and I turn to Doug and we're both dying and he says "Did that just happen? That was surreal" I laughed the whole way down the trail and almost ate shit cause I was laughing. We were in awe for the rest of the day (two more runs) that that had just happened. What was the chance that Mark Miller would ride the lift with us, let alone us bring up his name.

Anyway, we skied two more runs for 18 in total for 19,156 vertical feet. It was just an amazing day, between the conditions, and the mark miller sighting.

To sum up the day in one word...

EPIC

Thats EPIC. I will be at Blue tomorrow. Will you Jeff?

No, I think I'm going to sleep in, goto the Booter Mtn Drive in, eat a late breakfast (around 11am) and then maybe do some steezy laps at 8 runs/hour off the 6pack around noon. There should be some powder left over.

:banghead

Bob and I were there right after 8 and skied till about 11:30. We ended up skiing just about every trail and and I agree they were all pretty damn good. Main St. was a little bi-polar what with chalky powder at the top and hard pack at the bottom but it was a fun sort of bi-polar so it was OK. I passed on Challenge today because my legs were toast by the time we got around to it but... I won't lie... it looked kinda scary with the bumps on it. That being said, I guess I should take a moment to own up to the fact that I fell on PARADISE today. OK... I didn't actually fall... my feet kind of just slid out from under me... but still! I hit a spot that was a little skied off and went to make a small turn and whoops. In my defense like three other people also went down. I'm not proud (there you go Bob. Laugh it up). Anyway... I didn't see any PASR's which is unusual but it was pretty crowded. I think my scariest moment was skiing the top section of Razors (it was slick and I was flying). My favorite trail was Switchback. My favorite moment... only cause I didn't have a Mark Miller sighting... was watching a kid on a board fall off of the Main St. chair. Priceless. Hope everyone has fun tomorrow morning. Bob and I will be at BC so if your there and you see us say "Hi". In summary...today was my 22nd ski day ever. I skied FAST... I pushed myself really hard... I had a great time. The end.

Bob and I were there right after 8 and skied till about 11:30. We ended up skiing just about every trail and and I agree they were all pretty damn good. Main St. was a little bi-polar what with chalky powder at the top and hard pack at the bottom but it was a fun sort of bi-polar so it was OK. I passed on Challenge today because my legs were toast by the time we got around to it but... I won't lie... it looked kinda scary with the bumps on it. That being said, I guess I should take a moment to own up to the fact that I fell on PARADISE today. OK... I didn't actually fall... my feet kind of just slid out from under me... but still! I hit a spot that was a little skied off and went to make a small turn and whoops. In my defense like three other people also went down. I'm not proud (there you go Bob. Laugh it up). Anyway... I didn't see any PASR's which is unusual but it was pretty crowded. I think my scariest moment was skiing the top section of Razors (it was slick and I was flying). My favorite trail was Switchback. My favorite moment... only cause I didn't have a Mark Miller sighting... was watching a kid on a board fall off of the Main St. chair. Priceless. Hope everyone has fun tomorrow morning. Bob and I will be at BC so if your there and you see us say "Hi". In summary...today was my 22nd ski day ever. I skied FAST... I pushed myself really hard... I had a great time. The end.

aren't you glad i told you not to waste your money last sunday afternoon to ski? today was much much better.

Wow it sounds like you had a great time..I think I saw Bob skiing through the Boardercross course..can you elaborate on the person who fell off the Main Street chair?

We both skied the boardercross course but Bob did it prettier than me. The person who fell was a younger, kinda chubby boy on a board who fell off of the chair about 10 ft. or so from the loading platform. He was sitting on the right. He landed right on a pile of snow and death cookies. I couldn't tell you what he was wearing or what he was skiing but I can tell you that it was funny as shit. It might even beat the time I saw a kid refuse to get off the lift at BC a run for the money as my funniest ski moment.

aren't you glad i told you not to waste your money last Sunday afternoon to ski? today was much much better.

Yeah. I really appreciate that man. We would have liked to stay longer today but the lift lines started to get ridiculous around 11. LIFT LINES BLOW G@#$S. WTF Blue? I don't remember you being this crowded last year!

Yeah. I really appreciate that man. We would have liked to stay longer today but the lift lines started to get ridiculous around 11. LIFT LINES BLOW G@#$S. WTF Blue? I don't remember you being this crowded last year!

people saw snow on the ground and they automatically think there is FRESH POWDER! i was riding the lift with some guy who was talking about skiing the powder (sugary crap) on the side of lazy last week. i was like 'thats not powder man, and don't try to tell me you were floating on top of it'.

. We would have liked to stay longer today but the lift lines started to get ridiculous around 11. LIFT LINES BLOW G@#$S. WTF Blue? I don't remember you being this crowded last year!

I got there around 11:15ish and the lines were ungodly long. Even in the singles line. I got sooo cold just standing there, then the 6pack kept stopping. So it was even longer..urg. But the conditions were decent. Challenge was icy as hell, but i went on the right side down near/in the trees and it was super nice.

I would have been up earlier but I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. :banghead

Oh Yeah and I'm now over a million vert...
Crap! I'm still only at 4.8% of Doug's vert. But I'm catching up. With the slow start of this season, I'll be lucky to break a quarter of a million feet. I almost made 14k yesterday, but I got tired of riding lifts after 26 runs! I have an east-coast ski week coming up in one more week, and then a week out in Utah in early March. I'll break 100k this season pretty soon.

Sounds like a great day at Blue. I died laughing about the MarkyMilly sighting, and being P.Oed about not making the database!

Actually, you guys did it right. Skimming in, right under the database. You made an impression, though, if he remembered writing you up last year! Hopefully he'll warm up a little and realize you guys are "cool locals.

At Roundtop, the patrolers are pretty chummy - I like riding up the lifts with them. Also, at Roundtop, the guys who is the lift manager is really cool. Friday morning, the Minuteman lift was going to be delayed opening by a few minutes (needed snow coverage at the drop off, up top), and he pointed us over to the Ramrod triple so that we could get first tracks. Very cool.

hehe, you're dam right he remembered us. How could you not? We were the biggest fckin pricks to him, and even though he's a retard, I gues he's not bad, if he didn't put us in the database, but that was all my doing when I let him know what was up.

He's a gaper though, he had his Baklava on, on his yellow K2s. It was kinda funny that i said to doug (hoping theyd here) "let's do a fast run down paradise", and coincidentally, it was Mark Miller on the lift :banghead Like doug said, it's hard to go 10 miuntes without laughing.

"Hey Leeroy, I'll meet you in the lodge in 10 minutes" :rofl:rofl:rofl