Moguls on Main Street

am476

I haven't been to blue this year and was thinking of heading out there. However, it takes about an hour and 40 minutes to get there, so I wanted to know if they have seeded moguls on main street (barney's bumps) yet. That's the main thing that I want to do today and would be disappointed if it was flat. If not, Camelback has seeded moguls on one of their green trails, so I'd rather go there.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Justin, they were starting to get really good, but, I'd rather see them keep them for a few days and let them get good, and then knock them down before they get bad, and let them form again, and keep the cycle going. Though, I'm never complaining with a flat main street :wiggle

BTW, WHY would you goto Camelback just for a green bump run? That's really funny.

CB's green bump run is fun, but I'm not it's worth spending an entire day on (arguably neither is barney's bumps). You might want to ask the Sno people if White lightning has bumps right now... if you like bumps you could easily spend all day on that. Altenatively when I was last at frost they had 2 ungroomed bump trails, 1 a blue, the other was a diamond, both lots of fun!

I only got to hit the bumps on Lower Cleo at CB once at night. They were pretty good. I heard a rumor that they were going to dump a lot of snow on Rocket or Margies there and let part of it get bumped up. Guess it was just a rumor.

I know everyone is hating on how lower cleo is an easier trail but the lack of incline takes some of the hesitation away for people who really want to learn how to control themselves in the bumps. So if you take it from a learning perspective it's not so bad. It really forces you to work on your technique.

The bumps on Main Street were phenomenal!!! :rock I haven't seen a mogul run in PA that nice ever. It was too good to last.

BTW, WHY would you goto Camelback just for a green bump run? That's really funny.

explanation:

1) i've always sucked at skiing big bumps (ones that are larger than those that normally form on slightly ungroomed trails), so big moguls on a green trail provide a perfect opportunity to practice. it was a nice way to boost my confidence on bumps.

2) i wasn't aware of real moguls in other ski areas that were close by.

3) camelback is 20-25 minutes closer to me than blue.

Edited by am476