Bare Creek sucks...period. Tubing sales at 6:30 bulls**t.

boblikescats

One fuck-up and you boycott the place...Bob and Sexkitten...you're only spiting yourselves...I bet BC Mark and Mary will hook you up with some sort of compensation for the mistakes..

Not one f up.. another thing that makes me not want to spend my money there, thats all. It's a combination of mutiple things, this just sealed the deal.

i like snow and snowboarding bear creek has both please stop bitching cuz i dont like your attitude so chill, o and bob... you have a common name, silly bitch

The best you can come up with is a comment about my name? Someone should bitchslap you for making such a stupid comment, where's my powder!

Do BC kids have spell/grammar check?

I was thinking the same thing...as for the Bare instead of Bear, that was intentional for the really, really dumb ones.

Here is a lesson in english for those who need it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bob i know id be kind of mad about them selling out but did you see the people that bought all the tickets, I mean because not being mean or anything i saw a big group of "mentally challenged kids" there the other day probably enjoying the only day they will ever have at a mountain, what if they were the ones who bought all the tickets, I bet you wouldnt be so angry then would you, and if you still are after that then your rich selfish ass gotta go

P.S. this forum isnt for critizing BC kids for typing i mean I garuntee you wouldnt say anything if you came in contact with them on the mountain

i agree with bob on this bare creek does suck along with there park from what i seen last year havent been there yet and the only reason i am going to bc is because i have a free pass for 1 day and if i even like it then maybe ill go there more but i see no reason to go there because 1 its far as fcuk from my house like half hour to an hour drive there and 2 the mountian is so tiny its not worth the 30 mintues to hour drive there, i mean my friend lives like 5 minutes away frm bc but he has a pass to blue because he hates bc's park

first 30 minutes is not far at all and second, if your freind drives all the way to blue because he doesnt like BC park then he obviuosly sucks and is looking for more of the beginner ride- on ride-off shit

Edited by boardera

first of all learn how to spell bearcreek and second no one cares that you want to go blue, have fun there it won't affect them or us at all if one family doesn't go. so damn stubborn...

and next time you got a problem, call up bear and say it to them. don't complain about tubing through a forum.

not tryin' to be an asshole, but you're a typical rich skier, just 'cause a few things don't go your way you flip, calm down, call up bear n see what they can do. or just stick by your word and never come again.

If you would actually read my original post I did try to get something done at the mountain and when we got back to the house I called for a better explanation, the answers didn't coincide with each other.

For some who is not trying to be an asshole your getting my vote! Also, please don't comment on my financial status especially if you don't know me. I drive a Honda Civic and My wife drives a Mitsubishi Lancer Oz Rally Edition, hardly the money that see rollong around the BC parking lot at any given point. The fact is I try to spend my money wisely and "going to Blue" is my advice for anyone who is trying to do the same when taking into consideration the extra drive and the amount of money that can be spent on a day.

"call up bear n see what they can do. or just stick by your word and never come again." Again thanks for reading my original post and for that wonderful piece of obvious advice.

As far as the "complaining through a forum" comment, I thought this is where you could discuss the good, the bad and the ugly about your experiances at the mountains in the area. Maybe I was wrong...or we all live under the Chinese Government now.

you have a sad little life if you are complaining about waisting a night. that and complaining about the food, bring your own... thats pretty clear. they have to make money and so they are going to do it any way that they can. clearly you are a dumbass for not thinking of this.

Once again thanks for the excellent avice. If you would have read my original post, I acknowledge the fact that they have to make money. You, my friend, are the dumbass.

Some of us who have things to do actually like to plan things out ahead of time, like what we are doing this evening. It's a little disappointing when you clearly make efforts to ensure that every things goes well and you get crapped on because BC doesn't follow their own rules. Sure, a flat tire could have ruined the evening too but that was not the case.

Haha you went snow tubing. When I snowtubed 10 years ago I remember looking over at the skiing area and thinking about how cool skiing looked. Tubing is a big waste of a few good acres...lolz

Sorry, I don't really mean to hate on tubing. It was fun and a good activity for people who have kids or don't wanna pay for skiing or worry about getting hurt. However, I think you're over-reacting. Considering that the tubing area is only so large, they can only handle so many customers. Though, I would argue that the flaw with that logic is they don't monitor the exact amount of people in the tubing park at all times, and theoretically there are probably not as many people tubing as there are tickets that were sold. And two more customers shouldn't be a big blow. Regardless, I think your reaction, while not unjustified, is a little too extreme, and I beg you not to rip up any free passes that you are given. If you feel that you are going to rip up and compensation provided by BC, please PM me, and I'll send you a self-addressed envelope with which you can send me said compensation.

Thanks for the honest reply. It's nice to see an opinion with out being called a "dumbass". As for the free passes, I'll let you know.

I was watching the tubers in the past thinking,"Wow that looks pretty fun" we'll have to try that someday. I couldn't help noticing the way the tubers get air over the little hills along the ride and thought it would be a lot of fun. I guess it could get boring after a while but I wanted to give it whirl to see what it was all about. Afterall, it does look like an oversized burlap bag slide you would see at a fair but it still looked like a lot of fun.

Exactly DH, I've been thinking the same thing :rofl Bitching through a forum what will that do? Hmm, last time I checked we had Reps from Bear Creek.

Considering I registered on 1-20-06 I'll assume that DHarrisburh's comment was about others on this forum.

Bitching through a forum...It's called word of mouth advertising. It's usually the best form of advertising (Positive or negative).

As for the reps...The only comments here so far are from Home Mountain Supporters:

stinks u didnt get ur tickets but bear creeks awsome so dont have a bad attitude

no problem then, thats two less people on the mountain.

first of all learn how to spell bearcreek and second no one cares that you want to go blue, have fun there it won't affect them or us at all if one family doesn't go. so damn stubborn...

and next time you got a problem, call up bear and say it to them. don't complain about tubing through a forum.

not tryin' to be an asshole, but you're a typical rich skier, just 'cause a few things don't go your way you flip, calm down, call up bear n see what they can do. or just stick by your word and never come again.

you have a sad little life if you are complaining about waisting a night. that and complaining about the food, bring your own... thats pretty clear. they have to make money and so they are going to do it any way that they can. clearly you are a dumbass for not thinking of this.

Boy these all give me the warm and fuzzy about Bear Creek :no (notice the correct spelling)

I have to go now.

I need a shower because I was out with my wife and friends last night spending our riches on alcohol and absorbing the rest of the smoke that didn't get absorbed into peoples lungs....Later.

Edited by boblikescats

Let me begin by saying...

...Thanks for taking the time to voice your concerns and giving us an opportunity to improve.

Mark,

I would like to thank you for your detailed and well put explanation on last nights events. I can sympathize with your situation regarding the construction issues as construction almost never goes as planned. While this didn't help the situation last night I can see where you are coming from. At first glance, I see a situation like this to be business as usual but you have made it clear that this is not the case. I feel that training and communication are very important for an establishment like Bear Creek to flourish. It is very frustrating when I try to promote a local establishment with friends and family and this is the result, hence the phone call last night and the post in this forum. I can also understand that sometimes the help isn't exactly stellar and just short of teaching people manners and how to clean their room you can't prepare ahead of time for every situation that may occur. That being said I would like to clarify that my feelings toward BC are a culmination of events.

The first is the layout of certain trails and their approach to the lift lines which you addresses to sexkitten and others in another post.

The next issue that comes to mind is the help. There is no reason that I should have to wait for the girls at the register in the cafeteria to finish a personal conversation while I stand there, money in hand, waiting to pay for my lunch that is getting cold by the minute. It would also be nice to see some of the friendly, "we pretend to care" attitude you get at some of the other places where prepared foods can be purchased. A simple "Hello how is your day" or "Thank you. Have a nice day" can go a long way.

I have also had to explain to a girl at the ticket counter that the total for 2, 4 hour lift tickets is $76 not $94. I had to almost argue with this person and step back to look at the posted rates sign twice to get my point across. For a minute she had me convinced that I needed a basic math lesson. I then was provided a credit for the $18 difference.

Then the tubing thing. Hopefully you see my point and my thought process. I always try to follow the rules which is why I became so frustrated over this seemingly miniscule event.

My only problem now is dealing with my wife. She likes your establishment. I taught her how to ski there so she has an attachment to it. :banghead

I am not looking for any freebies as this was not the point of this post. I feel that you understand where I am coming from and have already (suprisingly) taken action to eliminate the possibility of this happening in the future. I can respect that. While it does not change my decision about where I spend my "riches" as it has been put, Leslie and I will have to talk about it some more.

Thanks again for your time and explanation of the recent events.

Bob

I can see it from both perspectives. On one hand I know how mad I would be if I drove all the way up to do something and then it went badly. Then I would be more mad if I called to complain and got a bad answer on it. (For the record a similar situation happened to my family at Shawnee mountain, my brother dad and I ski but my cousins wanted to learn so they tried to get a lesson but couldn't, then tried to go tubing but the tickets were sold out, and ended up having a bad day at the mountain with nothing to do and we all left early and pissed off). So that sucks. But on the other when you compare the handling of this situation to that of Camelbacks (with I believe it was Ski's daughter who was under the height listed one place but not another) you have to realize that Bear Creek cares about the customers and I would say of all the mountains in our region you are likely to get the best service there. I wouldn't start your boycott until you've dealt with this all the way through because while Bear might not have the biggest mountain or the best weather I think it is fairly clear they have the best customer service representation on this website and care for their customers at the mountain better than all the other places.

just stay at blue then.

kids, kids,kids.....

Just in case you are lost this, is the Bear Creek forum. Bear Creek sells tubing tickets. Sorry that I had to spell it out for you. :bow:

Edit: supertrooper12 nice edit....now my quote has no point :nono

Edited by boblikescats

Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

We had a rough time retaining employees during the shut-down and, as a result, have new hires in front line positions that never received the pre-season guest service training. Seasons like this expose any weak link. Not having a full-time trainer to dedicate to mid-season training was a big oversight. Typically our guest services manager conducts the training pre-season and the department heads follow up through the season. With increased pressure put on the department manager due loss of staff/rehiring we haven't had a person to focus on training beyond department specific operational training.

As you may or may not know we use a food concessionaire for the F&B operations. We typically don't get involved with their training, but we have noticed issues with guest service on the front lines. We are in the process of hiring a year-round guest services trainer this week and she will begin working with their staff as well as ours this week.

We realize we don't have the most vertical or steepest terrrain, but we can offer the best conditions, a great park and unparalleled guest service. If we aren't meeting those goals I like to hear about it. Thanks again for your time.

this topic needs to stop right here! bob if u dont like it dont come back i dont care and neither does anyone elce on this forum care if u come or not! its better if u dont cuz then its less crowed and we dont have to put up with assholes like you! also tubing has nothing to do with the whole other mountain, bear creek does a great job keeping up their parks and snow coverage on the trails! the snow is almost never icy like it usually always is at blue mtn.

PERFECTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I VOTE THIS TO BE THE BEST COMMENT OF THE YEAR

first 30 minutes is not far at all and second, if your freind drives all the way to blue because he doesnt like BC park then he obviuosly sucks and is looking for more of the beginner ride- on ride-off shit

i costs me more in gas then it does for a lift ticket,my friend could prlly kill you boarding stay at bc with there tabletop jumps,

PERFECTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I VOTE THIS TO BE THE BEST COMMENT OF THE YEAR

and i vote your comment the worst of the year

Well, I do have to say on a positive note for bear creek that the race department and mark are extremely devoted employees worth commenting on.

I do have to say, however, that with the exception of Bob, DH, and a few others who have posted in this thread that you should all abide by the 5 minute rule.

Please think about the post you are about to make for 5 minutes before posting. Take that 5 minutes and make sure you're not about to post something completely foolish, ignorant, childish, stupid, illiterate, or unintelligable.

And please don't corner bob as being an idiot because he's upset with bear creek over a tubing experience. Its obvious that none of you tube. Good for you. There are many of us out there who don't ride park. We truthfully don't really give a damn about your park complaints. We're not going to sit here and wail on you because you complained about the park. Be considerate. And if you can't be considerate please try and at least be a little bit intelligent.

I'd like to say thank you to Bare Creek for totally wasting the later part of my evening, and the evening of the others in our group who wanted to tube. They some how allowed an "Illegal Group" according to the less than literate woman on the phone, to purchase the rest of the tubing tickets for the evening BEFORE then went on sale at 6:30 PM. Nothing like trying to promote an establishment and getting a big F**K You.

The web site and the phone call we made earlier more than made the on sale time very clear. 6:30...

This apparently is not the case.

I would think that the terms sold out mean sold out, as in the maximum capacity that the tubing area can handle in the allowed time. The person at the counter said there was nothing that they could do. Once back to where I could call in to get a better explanation from the guest services manager, this was not the case. She made some sort of bullshit "Well we could have done this" attempt to make us satisfied. If sold out does not mean sold out then why use the term "SOLD OUT". Seems pretty simple to me...

I have this to say:

Bare Creek is a poorly managed establishment.

My wife and I will NEVER spend another dime at their facility.

Their less than cafeteria grade food is very overpriced. I guess they have to pay for that new lodge...makes sense.

The mountain seems to have several engineering difficulties with grade and the amount of polling required to ski a simple run like timberline. Nothing like having a trail end at a lift line with a grade so steep that people can't stay out of your ass.

I will trash any free or complimentary tickets I have or receive and I will speak negatively about the mountain to whomever is looking for a place to go tubing or skiing.

Don't waste your time there.

Take the extra time to go to Blue Mountain or another facility. The extra drive is worth it.

Lesson learned.

Honestly, big deal. That could happen anywhere.

And for the record, At the end of timberline you have a good good 300 feet to stop.

And also its Bear Creek not Bare Creek

Maybe you were contacting a tubing trip with some naked swimming area?

I still think its hilarious, because your obviously not young

But yet you curse like you are. Grow up and stop picking fights with kids.

And if this little tubing problem is such a big deal in your life.

Your life must be ethier perfect, or your one ignorant person who crys about every little thing.

My advice for you is to pull up your skirt, grab your b@lls