Bare Creek sucks...period. Tubing sales at 6:30 bulls**t.

boblikescats

I'd like to say thank you to Bare Creek for totally wasting the later part of my evening, and the evening of the others in our group who wanted to tube. They some how allowed an "Illegal Group" according to the less than literate woman on the phone, to purchase the rest of the tubing tickets for the evening BEFORE then went on sale at 6:30 PM. Nothing like trying to promote an establishment and getting a big F**K You.

The web site and the phone call we made earlier more than made the on sale time very clear. 6:30...

This apparently is not the case.

I would think that the terms sold out mean sold out, as in the maximum capacity that the tubing area can handle in the allowed time. The person at the counter said there was nothing that they could do. Once back to where I could call in to get a better explanation from the guest services manager, this was not the case. She made some sort of bullshit "Well we could have done this" attempt to make us satisfied. If sold out does not mean sold out then why use the term "SOLD OUT". Seems pretty simple to me...

I have this to say:

Bare Creek is a poorly managed establishment.

My wife and I will NEVER spend another dime at their facility.

Their less than cafeteria grade food is very overpriced. I guess they have to pay for that new lodge...makes sense.

The mountain seems to have several engineering difficulties with grade and the amount of polling required to ski a simple run like timberline. Nothing like having a trail end at a lift line with a grade so steep that people can't stay out of your ass.

I will trash any free or complimentary tickets I have or receive and I will speak negatively about the mountain to whomever is looking for a place to go tubing or skiing.

Don't waste your time there.

Take the extra time to go to Blue Mountain or another facility. The extra drive is worth it.

Lesson learned.

Edited by boblikescats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean Bob. This happened to us a few years ago. We had several people from our family over and went to BC for snow tubing. We called ahead and we were told how they limit the number of tickets so you had to get there by a certain time to get them. Well long story short, it was just like your case now. It was sold out before it even started. Last time I went to BC was on the 5th anniversary for $5 tickets. Only went for the cheap tickets and because they were open a day before blue. Other than that I never will ski there...

Well bob, maybe it's destiny that you didn't end up going tubing. Tubing is pretty boring, but yeah, understand wanting to do something with people who don't ski. Could you pass me any free lift tickets/vouchers/compensation you get? I'm not a huge fan of BC, but hey, what the hell. Just pm me if you get anything- i'm super interested.

good, with an attitude like that your not wanted there.

p.s. they actually have pretty good food, a little pricey but good.

And with an attitude like that, they don't want to be there, around people like you. :tinfoil:

Bob, that sucks. Let's see what Mary or Mark has to say about this.

i understand that. i know my sister was pissed last weekend as they sold out before they got there and she was forced to come for a later session. It's just that i dont think that you should have bad feelings for all of BC based on a bad tubing experience. But whatever, they can do what they want.

first of all learn how to spell bearcreek and second no one cares that you want to go blue, have fun there it won't affect them or us at all if one family doesn't go. so damn stubborn...

and next time you got a problem, call up bear and say it to them. don't complain about tubing through a forum.

not tryin' to be an asshole, but you're a typical rich skier, just 'cause a few things don't go your way you flip, calm down, call up bear n see what they can do. or just stick by your word and never come again.

Holy fucking shit can the mods please close all registration to this site because I don't think anyone who regged within the last two months has made a decent post.

P.S. If you think Bob made a spelling error by typing "Bare Creek" then you are an idiot :)

Edited by DHarrisburg

i agree with bob on this bare creek does suck along with there park from what i seen last year havent been there yet and the only reason i am going to bc is because i have a free pass for 1 day and if i even like it then maybe ill go there more but i see no reason to go there because 1 its far as fcuk from my house like half hour to an hour drive there and 2 the mountian is so tiny its not worth the 30 mintues to hour drive there, i mean my friend lives like 5 minutes away frm bc but he has a pass to blue because he hates bc's park

Haha you went snow tubing. When I snowtubed 10 years ago I remember looking over at the skiing area and thinking about how cool skiing looked. Tubing is a big waste of a few good acres...lolz

Sorry, I don't really mean to hate on tubing. It was fun and a good activity for people who have kids or don't wanna pay for skiing or worry about getting hurt. However, I think you're over-reacting. Considering that the tubing area is only so large, they can only handle so many customers. Though, I would argue that the flaw with that logic is they don't monitor the exact amount of people in the tubing park at all times, and theoretically there are probably not as many people tubing as there are tickets that were sold. And two more customers shouldn't be a big blow. Regardless, I think your reaction, while not unjustified, is a little too extreme, and I beg you not to rip up any free passes that you are given. If you feel that you are going to rip up and compensation provided by BC, please PM me, and I'll send you a self-addressed envelope with which you can send me said compensation.

Holy fucking shit can the mods please close all registration to this site because I don't think anyone who regged within the last two months has made a decent post.

P.S. If you think Bob made a spelling error by typing "Bare Creek" then you are an idiot :)

Exactly DH, I've been thinking the same thing :rofl Bitching through a forum what will that do? Hmm, last time I checked we had Reps from Bear Creek.