Bare Creek sucks...period. Tubing sales at 6:30 bulls**t.

boblikescats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I boycotted every place that pissed me off at one time or another I wouldn't be able to ride anywhere.

As for having to pole to get to timberline...I can just about get there on my snowboard..you should be able to skate with your skis twenty or thirty yards with out much difficulty.

It's one evening in your life...let it rest

Hahahaha, funny to read the little BARE Creek dipshits telling Bob to shut up...good reading!

Sh*t, I'd have set a fire to the lodge...except TP4 would have been left homeless....Bob, are you really rich? Eh, nevermind....you shouldn't be reading this thread anymore...

this topic looks like its been answer i suggest closing it before some more pointless bs is posted

Seems like Bob got it off his chest; kids stuck up for their home hill; and, management did a mea culpa...but you don't want any goofing around? It bothers you? F*ck, I think it's a great trend that MB's have this sort of power, like the teachers smashing kids cell phones and having the vids posted online...some of the shit that nobody ever believed is gtting attention. And we're all better for it.

Seems like Bob got it off his chest; kids stuck up for their home hill; and, management did a mea culpa...but you don't want any goofing around? It bothers you? F*ck, I think it's a great trend that MB's have this sort of power, like the teachers smashing kids cell phones and having the vids posted online...some of the shit that nobody ever believed is gtting attention. And we're all better for it.

hm, good point, nvm bring on the pointless shit.... bear creek sucks because one employee was a moron. :rolleyes:

Wow! this topic is hott. well it appears every1 else has posted an opinion, so here goes mine. Bob you sound like a typical person who has just had an extremely bad experience and thats becuz u are. I dont see what bob's finacial status has to do w. his crappy nite at bear and every1 who ragged on him for being rich or poor is retarded so thats that. Mark handled this situation perfectly soo props to him. I have never been tubing so i cant tell wether or not its fun or not fun. but all in all bob's outrage was totally understandable maybe a little extreme but his actions are justible. I'd like to see bob come back becuz he is not an asshole but a person who just got a big fat loogie spit in his face.

P.S. they have awesum food! :P

well i'd say this whole thing was taken a lil too far, and bob, no need to rag on me i was just givin' you my honest opinion.

and uh, thanks to whoever voted my comment best of the year. lol.

but i say we end on this note. bob had a problem, mark solved it, hes not comin' back, shorter lift lines, just to makeBEAR creek that much better.

end.

P.S. this forum isn't for criticizing BC kids for typing i mean I guarantee you wouldn't say anything if you came in contact with them on the mountain

Uh.... unfortunately he would.

Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

We had a rough time retaining employees during the shut-down and, as a result, have new hires in front line positions that never received the pre-season guest service training. Seasons like this expose any weak link. Not having a full-time trainer to dedicate to mid-season training was a big oversight. Typically our guest services manager conducts the training pre-season and the department heads follow up through the season. With increased pressure put on the department manager due loss of staff/rehiring we haven't had a person to focus on training beyond department specific operational training.

As you may or may not know we use a food concessionaire for the F&B operations. We typically don't get involved with their training, but we have noticed issues with guest service on the front lines. We are in the process of hiring a year-round guest services trainer this week and she will begin working with their staff as well as ours this week.

We realize we don't have the most vertical or steepest terrain, but we can offer the best conditions, a great park and unparalleled guest service. If we aren't meeting those goals I like to hear about it. Thanks again for your time.

Thank you Mark. I too was very disappointed at how the situation unfolded and was handled... OK... I handled it a little more calmly than Bob but I wasn't the one praising BC's tubing and pushing for the group trip there. It's really a damn shame that we couldn't have been told the deal at the mountain. We are reasonable and not total assholes. Had the manager come out and explained the situation we would have been unhappy but not furious. At least you are fixing the problems which is more than I can say for the other mountain we don't go to anymore. If you are open to suggestions I would suggest that you try to make the tubing situation more clear on the BC website and maybe (you may already be handling this one) have your phone CSR's tell people the deal when calling to inquire about tubing. I think this will definitely help to avoid nights like the one we had. I honestly was really looking forward to coming and am hoping to still come (someday) but I may have to beg Bob. He does not tolerate poor customer service... period. He feels that we should give our money and support to businesses that treat their customers professionally and with honesty and courtesy. It's a tough philosophy but is mostly justified and one (with great sorrow in this case) that I almost have to agree with. Ugh.

Hahahaha, funny to read the little BARE Creek dipshits telling Bob to shut up...good reading!

Sh*t, I'd have set a fire to the lodge...except TP4 would have been left homeless....Bob, are you really rich? Eh, nevermind....you shouldn't be reading this thread anymore...

Believe me if there had been matches or a lighter that might have been a possibility. BTW, we are super rich. OK... maybe not. We just don't have kids. You parents know what I mean.

Seems like Bob got it off his chest; kids stuck up for their home hill; and, management did a mea culpa...but you don't want any goofing around? It bothers you? F*ck, I think it's a great trend that MB's have this sort of power, like the teachers smashing kids cell phones and having the vids posted online...some of the shit that nobody ever believed is getting attention. And we're all better for it.

I agree. I just wish there was a restaurant MB... a grocery store MB... a... well, you get my point.

Edited by sexkitten

Yes, he said it :o

Perhaps suggesting 'Kitten has entered MILFhood?

Grrrrrrr. Hahaha. Now I know why the neighbor and his friends call me Stacy's Mom. I am only 27!

Sorry to stray from the topic BTW but a woman has to speak when her age is in question.

bc mark thank you for the explanation, bob thatnk you for finally acting your age i'm 17 and you were acting like u were 5 but ok... u redeamed yourself and your balls.. haha. ok.. so this went way too far and now its done so thanks everybody, awesome cant wait til the break so i can ride EVERYDAY peace easy everybody

This should have never happened and the person responsible is receiving more training.

water torture combined with thumbscrews I hope

I can also understand that sometimes the help isn't exactly stellar and just short of teaching people manners and how to clean their room you can't prepare ahead of time for every situation that may occur.

Seasonal help, dude... It's not like their careers depend on good references... c'mon man..

So that sucks. But on the other when you compare the handling of this situation to that of Camelbacks

Yeah, Bob.. BC does not deserve equal punishment..

We realize we don't have the most vertical or steepest terrrain, but we can offer the best conditions, a great park and unparalleled guest service. If we aren't meeting those goals I like to hear about it. Thanks again for your time.

This aint Rich Wiseman talking.......... cause he wouldn't. BC Mark means what he says and you can trust that he in some way thanks you for bringing your issue up so that he can improve BC just that much more.

stop the name calling...PASR is a place where people can give their opinions..positive or negative..

So......... do you practice what you preach? thought so...

its really sad that this crappy post has been getting the most action lately, lets talk about something more important like bears park or something that actually matters, this issue has been dealt with so lets move on....... oh yeah and bear does have prolly the wickedest tubing around, i think more people get hurt tubing at bear then they do on the mtn. People catch some seriouse air over those humps, but either way tubing is still gay.

its really sad that this crappy post has been getting the most action lately, lets talk about something more important like bears park or something that actually matters, this issue has been dealt with so lets move on.......

No, what is sad to me is the naivety of people like you who can't empathize with someone else's issues about any other facet of the mountain besides the park. Notice the tone from some members here lately who are "sick of the whining" from kids/adults who are given more every season, yet still complain as though they are still at square one. I don't know what position you're in to decide if Bob's issue is "dealt with." I think Bob or Mark are the ones that can follow up there.

its oh yeah and bear does have prolly the wickedest tubing around

Which is why this whole thing was such a bummer.

No, what is sad to me is the naivety of people like you who can't empathize with someone else's issues about any other facet of the mountain besides the park. Notice the tone from some members here lately who are "sick of the whining" from kids/adults who are given more every season, yet still complain as though they are still at square one. I don't know what position you're in to decide if Bob's issue is "dealt with." I think Bob or Mark are the ones that can follow up there.

Thanks man. BTW, the issue is "dealt with". Mark's posts were exactly what we were looking for... an honest explanation and a pledge to fix the problem. We probably won't be back to BC anytime soon if ever (cheer if you want) but there are no hard feelings. It's just our choice. OK... Bob's choice... but I'm OK with that.

Sexkitten you can always go tubing at Blue..they have lots of different slides but I don't think there are rollers to catch air...btw..how many restaurants will Bob refuse to go to due to slow service or the food not being hot enough??? :lol:

I don't think we are going to go tubing at all now. Blue is good for skiing but their tubing doesn't look half as fun as BC's. BTW... resteraunts... lots and lots but I'm right there with him. There is no reason to have to deal with bad or mediocre service when there are plenty of places to eat, ski, tube, etc. We usually give a second and third chance... anyone can have a bad day... but after that forget about it. No wonder our dinner bills are so expensive. Ugh.

Edited by sexkitten

First off i dont know where in my post you saw "whining", im pretty sure i wasnt whining, im pretty sure what i was saying is that there are more constructive things we could be talking about. Second of all Im pretty sure BC Mark responded multiple times on this board explaining the situation, so i dunno where your from but im pretty sure thats dealing with it. Its not that i dont empathize with his situation, ide prolly be pissed to, but BC mark explained the situation so lets let it go, it was a mishap and theres nothing you can do about and im sure if their is something that can be done mark will take care of it. and your just as bad as everyone who whines when you whine about people whining. I wanna hear constructive things about the mountain not accounts of people who had a bad experience, im sorry thats just my opinion and im not just talking about the "park" either.

i like boobies.

as do I

damn....Well said