07 / 08 passes already

bigdaddyk

I see they have the 07 / 08 passes going on sale starting Feb 26 to April 30th. Looks like a good deal, if you don't already have a season pass. You get to ski the rest of this season for free. If you already have a season pass, you get to pay the same amount as this year. After April 30th, they jack up the price by $50. That's not much of a deal for current pass-holders. Doesn't anybody at Peak realize how dumb some of the stuff is that they have been doing?

Edited by bigdaddyk

I see they have the 07 / 08 passes going on sale starting Feb 26 to April 30th. Looks like a good deal, if you don't already have a season pass. You get to ski the rest of this season for free. If you already have a season pass, you get to pay the same amount as this year. After April 30th, they jack up the price by $50. That's not much of a deal for current pass-holders. Doesn't anybody at Peak realize how dumb some of the stuff is that they have been doing?

I'm trying my best to not even post on here anymore, but this kills me. BDK what is your effin problem?!? All you do is bitch about every little thing. :banghead So what do you want? A five dollar season pass which includes free food, a $100 dollar bar credit, and a hand job???? Go buy a pass at Sno Mtn. then. They might get open by January next season. I hope I see you at Frost today so I can push you over as I fly past. :devil:

Based on JFBB's performanace this season - I say this is a ggod deal, especially if you are park focused. The best deal is for those that wish they had gotten a pass at JFBB - even more so considering a likely late season.

Hope to see some new faces out there! JUmp on this if you are one of those people who wants to ride after your mountain closes.

I'm trying my best to not even post on here anymore, but this kills me.

Then don't post.

So what do you want? A five dollar season pass which includes free food, a $100 dollar bar credit, and a hand job???? ...

Yes.

...All you do is bitch about every little thing. ... :devil:

Well, when they keep doing stupid stuff, I feel I'm entitled to it. And by the way, I've talked to numerous employees that feel the same way about some of the changes that Peak Resorts have made. It's not JFBB, it's Peak.

I don't see your home mountain listed as JFBB.

.... I hope I see you at Frost today so I can push you over as I fly past. :devil:

Won't happen.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I'm trying my best to not even post on here anymore, but this kills me. BDK what is your effin problem?!? All you do is bitch about every little thing. :banghead So what do you want? A five dollar season pass which includes free food, a $100 dollar bar credit, and a hand job???? Go buy a pass at Sno Mtn. then. They might get open by January next season. I hope I see you at Frost today so I can push you over as I fly past. :devil:

I'm wondering if at this point we're getting Astroturfed on this board? What is with the influx of people who complain about people complaining?

I'm wondering if at this point we're getting Astroturfed on this board? What is with the influx of people who complain about people complaining?

Kind of ironic, huh :blink: . They like to complain, but about people who complain about how they feel about things :rofl . Now quit complaining, about people who complain about people complaining :nana .

For the record the pass also includes 2 free lift tickets for friends, and $50 on a debit card for the cafeteria. That sounds like a sweet deal to me, because it includes any pass.

So lets do the math, I'm looking at an adult weekday only pass, $329 price before april 1st. Minus 40*2 for weekday tickets I'll give out to people, minus say $20 of the debit card I'll use and it will make it a round number. Thats 100 of stuff, making the price equal to $229. If the price for a ticket is 40 on M,W,F and 30 T,R because of the college discount (average weekday price $36 then because who knows which days I'll go) that is only 7 days of riding to pay off the pass (36*6.36=229). Considering I am home from Dec 15th to Feb 6th next year, I think that is an amazing deal because I'm going to ride a lot more than 7 days. I'll buy some food at the lodge instead of in town and save the money for gas - it works out for me really well and I'm very happy with the deal.

For the record the pass also includes 2 free lift tickets for friends, and $50 on a debit card for the cafeteria. That sounds like a sweet deal to me, because it includes any pass.

So lets do the math, I'm looking at an adult weekday only pass, $329 price before april 1st. Minus 40*2 for weekday tickets I'll give out to people, minus say $20 of the debit card I'll use and it will make it a round number. Thats 100 of stuff, making the price equal to $229. If the price for a ticket is 40 on M,W,F and 30 T,R because of the college discount (average weekday price $36 then because who knows which days I'll go) that is only 7 days of riding to pay off the pass (36*6.36=229). Considering I am home from Dec 15th to Feb 6th next year, I think that is an amazing deal because I'm going to ride a lot more than 7 days. I'll buy some food at the lodge instead of in town and save the money for gas - it works out for me really well and I'm very happy with the deal.

Give the tickets out??? Anyway, I was just surprised that the amount is going up another $50, and I guess the $50 debit is more than the $20 that was given last year.

I see they aren't listening to their customers and are continuing the retarted lift ticket every time you go thing.

Thats the spirit PEAK :) Don't invest in ticket scanners or anything, keep inconveniencing your most loyal customers to solve your security problem. By the way, it doesent work when you STILL dont have people checking tickets at the lifts..

that is all

Jordan

woah are you sure about Mount Snow? When did that happen? They were/are American Ski Company as of a few weeks ago, I just used my American Ski Company employee card up there and they scanned it and it went through no problem.

As for giving out the tickets - to friends not random people obviously. I also do mostly day trips - college schedule works out for that really well so the night pass doesn't do it for me.

woah are you sure about Mount Snow? When did that happen? They were/are American Ski Company as of a few weeks ago, I just used my American Ski Company employee card up there and they scanned it and it went through no problem.

As for giving out the tickets - to friends not random people obviously. I also do mostly day trips - college schedule works out for that really well so the night pass doesn't do it for me.

Well I was wrong -

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2007_1s...b07_MtSnow.html

Papa your on top of this shit that news is like 2 days old

looks like ASC is trying to liquidate its ski areas and get the fuck out of the business.. they just sold steamboat as well

Also, now that they own some real deal ski areas, how much more money do you think they are going to put into JFBB? my guess is: not a lot

Edited by jordan

^word

ASC hasnt been doing very well, to say in the least..haha just take a look at their stock..

this kinda does suck though..theyre gonna definitely be focusing on the new hills they just bought, especially because theyre destiation/vacation resorts and such, whereas mountains like jack frost and big boulder are just family/day trip-oriented. so yeah, just my 2 cents

Papa your on top of this shit that news is like 2 days old

funny - cause I thought I missed hearing the news when I was told last Friday..

how much more money do you think they are going to put into JFBB? my guess is: not a lot

I won't lie, I am a bit concerned. However word is, that JFBB was having the best season ever, even before it got cold.

On the other hand... The only thing they really need, is double the lighting. It is up to the crews and snowmakers that are there already to do the same and better work than they did this year.

While I am on it. BB - It looks like you guys are cruising... nothing new in the last few weeks???? You have a had a month to repair the handrail. just an observation.

Edited by Papasteeze

They realize how dumb the stuff they are doing really is, its just they do not care. Its obvious to see in more ways then one. At least you and a few others are not afraid to speak up about it. Keep up the good work.

So what do you want? A five dollar season pass which includes free food, a $100 dollar bar credit, and a hand job???? Go buy a pass at Sno Mtn. then. They might get open by January next season. I hope I see you at Frost today so I can push you over as I fly past. :devil:

Hell if that is really a season pass offer I will say thats the best one I heard yet, can you sign me up for life then? :bj

A pass at Sno Mtn. Well if Sno Mtn or any other resort offered that kinda pass I am sure business would be booming for every mountain, hell I would get a season pass for everywhere. But only a 100$ bar credit, that would last most people about a hour due to how damn expensive booze is at every resort....maybe a 500$ bar credit would be better, hey how bout some discounts on food and in the retail shop to for a bonus to the pass?

Pushing someone over??? Hmmm isn't that kinda against the code of conduct? :nono I am sure thats a good example for kids to see. That ought to be great PR for a employee to be saying this.

Based on JFBB's performanace this season - I say this is a ggod deal, especially if you are park focused. The best deal is for those that wish they had gotten a pass at JFBB - even more so considering a likely late season.

Hope to see some new faces out there! JUmp on this if you are one of those people who wants to ride after your mountain closes.

Good deal if you are park focused, are you by any chance Papasteeze? Cuz the majority of the loyal customers are NOT park focused, part of the reason they did not return this season. And to buy a season pass this early for next year, you got to be outta your mind. Its 2 many variables to foresee that could happen. Jump on it if you want to ride after your mountain closes, now I am not saying JFBB will close first, second, third whatever, but dude if they close last whatever, but think about if they close first then what??

I see they aren't listening to their customers and are continuing the retarted lift ticket every time you go thing.

Thats the spirit PEAK :) Don't invest in ticket scanners or anything, keep inconveniencing your most loyal customers to solve your security problem. By the way, it doesent work when you STILL dont have people checking tickets at the lifts..

that is all

Jordan

Something has to be done about the tickets I agree, I am sure at one point or another everyone thats on here or at least reads this has had some sorta problem involving the ticket system. As for the prices and what not with the changes there, I made my points on that in past posts, just I got crucified to the cross for doing so.

Well lets see how everything plays out for next season, I know it will turn out to be damn interesting to watch unfold......

Edited by syd harvey

getting a pass isn't bad, mount snow and attatash will just increase the popularity of bb so everyone will know about our parks and this year bb i know has been the busiest its ever been and pretty much a $250 season pass after the other items are taken into account its pretty cheap and papasteeze one moment your praising big boulder and the next your criticizing it dont play two sided and if you want to try and make changes talk to them not everyone else

papasteeze one moment your praising big boulder and the next your criticizing it dont play two sided and if you want to try and make changes talk to them not everyone else

WTF? Two sided? Stating the obvious. You guys know you haven't changed much in the last few weeks (not that you need to) and that that rail is still unrepaired... (not that you don't have dozens of others) - YOU HAVE MAIL!

I am the pickiest SOB I know and I am happy with JFBB -

On the other hand... The only thing they really need, is double the lighting.

When you sit back and look at it, Peak is trying to make it look like a good deal, for current passholders, by trying to make it look like you are saving money by getting the pass early. Offering it for the same price as this year, then jacking it up $50 if you don't get it early is not a good deal. If they would take $20 off this season's price, for early purchases, or allow current passholder to pay this year's price up through December, then that would be considered a deal for current passholder's. It's poor marketing or an attempt to make people think they are getting a good deal :rolleyes: .

jfbb is pretty cheap as far as season passes go. Check around they are cheaper than blue and camelback. A $50 increase is one extra weekend price day, not really a big deal. BDK, you use your pass enough to make it worth it. The ticket validation isn't that bad, but I thought the season passholder window was just for validating season passholder tickets. Lately there has been a lot of people and groups in there. When you knock on the window, they are usually busy with other customers so you have to go in and wait in line. Not a huge deal, but they did say this would be a dedicated window for passholders.

When you sit back and look at it, Peak is trying to make it look like a good deal, for current passholders, by trying to make it look like you are saving money by getting the pass early. Offering it for the same price as this year, then jacking it up $50 if you don't get it early is not a good deal. If they would take $20 off this season's price, for early purchases, or allow current passholder to pay this year's price up through December, then that would be considered a deal for current passholder's. It's poor marketing or an attempt to make people think they are getting a good deal :rolleyes: .

Compared to where? Who has a better deal than an early price and a regular price that increases every year - thats what prices do, they go up. They don't go down. So of course its more expensive than last year. And almost everywhere has an early bird price and a late price. Look at this year - I knew I wanted a pass to JFBB when I came in December, people who had faith before seeing the improvements already done got a better deal than if I had bought one mid season because they used their money to make the snow I was skiing on. The pass holders pay the bills during the off/pre season thats why they want to sell them early, so its a lower price because a season pass sale during/close to the start of the season is less valuable. I'm not seeing what you are expecting instead of this, I agree the validating tickets is lame as hell but aside from that JFBB doesn't do anything differently than other places.