Wear your helmets boys and girls

dwnhlldav

I'll second dwnhlldav's plea.

I was too hurt at Killington. November 25, 2nd run of the season. From the accident, blacked out and had a minor concussion ... WITH the helmet ( + more injuries to my body)

I wear one everyday since.

i just got back from smugglers notch and i was ridin all the glades and goin down the mountain on crazy steep glades and i was bein as careful as possible i didnt get hurt and i wasnt wearin a helmet i always used to wear one but this season i forgot mine one time and liked it so now i only some times wear one but now after this i will definately wear one every time.

Edited by snoskate88

So here I sit. Five broken ribs, five Transverse Process fractures, a separated shoulder, and one badly lacerated lung.

so, you didnt actually hit your head?

either way thats shitty. you definitely dont realize how fast youre going until you instantly stop haha. get better man

he said I wasn

so, you didnt actually hit your head?

either way thats shitty. you definitely dont realize how fast youre going until you instantly stop haha. get better man

why didnt you get flown out? a little odd

No I nailed my head good. I have a dent thats about 4 inches in diameter on the right side of my helmet. I was knocked out long enough for several people to gather around me and pile their jackets on me to keep me warm. Ended up with a mild concusion that lasted a day at the most. The feeling was, that had I not been wearing a helmet I wouldn't have come out of the woods alive. Or at least the other injuries would have been an after thought.

Not sure why I wasn't flewn, guess I was stable enough at the ski patrol and it's only like a 10 or 15 minute ride down to Rutland.

It's in the BC forum because thats my home mountain.

What irks me most is that I had been ripping the steeper, tighter, nastier trees all day, on Saturday. Sunday morning I was cruising with my buddies and these trees were cake. Guess I was going pretty fast and not really paying attention because they were easy. It'll get you every time.

Havve a speedy recovery to get back on that singletrack! Some of my more spectacular crashes have been on easier trails or lines when you let your guard /focus down... :banghead

agreed. i was at spring last week and lost control on the trail that takes you to the backside, and almost hit my head on the boulders off to the side of the trail. helmets are golden.

get better dude, dont push yourself too hard. it always sad to hear about an injury on a trip like that.

I was hoping to be able to make a few runs at the end of the season, but the Lung Doc told me yesterday, nothing strenuous for 8 weeks. Think BC will make it until late april?

Only if by BC you mean British Columbia, no chance Bear Creek will be open that late.

i just got back from smugglers notch and i was ridin all the glades and goin down the mountain on crazy steep glades and i was bein as careful as possible i didnt get hurt and i wasnt wearin a helmet i always used to wear one but this season i forgot mine one time and liked it so now i only some times wear one but now after this i will definately wear one every time.

anyone that skis/rides glades without a helmet probably already has brain damage so probably has little to lose.