Saturday February 24th...PASR day...

AtomicSkier

Pretty steezy day...Skied with NASTAR Glenn right from the start...took a run with t3h Freeridintre but he was a little biotch about the wind, so him and jibhonks justin and his girlfriend went back inside. Snow was really nice, despite the extreme wind at the top, but it subsided once you got off the headwall. We mostly lapped Challange and Switchback, with some runs on Main Street and Lazy. We also did two full throttle runs down Paradise, including passing a ski patroller, only to hear no whistle. Mad pasr's in the house....atomic jeff, nastar glenn, grilledsteeze, zonked, concussion ted, sexkitten, boblikescats, danger, eugene. We skied with Chippy for a run or two, then we skied with Zonked alot. After our 19th run we saw sexkitten and bob at the bottom about to leave, and bob wanted to take a run with us, which turned into two runs. We had saw kitten earlier from the lift when doug yelled "yea alfonso, hit the butter box!" We ended up hitting the booter mtn drive in with them for some funny times. I followed Doug to a store, so it was doug, me, then boblikescats in a line, and at stoplights, doug was bouncing tennisballs back to me seeing if I could catch them. bobliekscats almost jumped out of the car to get one. We had time to stop for several minutes, and I eventually caught back up to bob and kitten as they were waiting in the HUGE line for 22 west.

we did 21 runs for 22k+ vertical...don't know the official number yet.

I got back about 20-30 minutes ago. I got in to the lower parking lot at about 7:45 and booted up. I got onto the sixer at about 8:00. I first did Switchback to warm up or was it Lazy Mile to Falls? :banghead I don't remember. But after my first two runs, I saw Doug and Atomic Jeff. I made more then two runs with them. Maybe 3-4 runs. I did Mainstreet ALOT, and did Switchback, Lazy Mile---->Falls too. I stayed away from Challenge because of the big ole' sheet of ICE on top. I left from Blue at about 12:45, and had a nice brunch at the Blue Mountain Drive In. It consisted of Hot Chocolate with whip cream, 3 pancakes, sausage, and water. It was tasty. I love that place because its so cheap.

I had a good time skiing with Doug, AtomicJeff, and Zonked. It was nice meeting you Zonked. Your a damn good skier. One question though, how do you get onto your back part of your skis? I tried it, but it didn't work out. I guess my boots are to stiff.

Yep, I can ski on one leg. It was fun doing that. I tried to act like a fool going down to make people laugh and yell at me. :wiggle

Haha. Yep. Its just fun getting good balance and skiing on one leg at a fast speed. I heard people gasp behind me, think I would crash.

Funny story, I was getting off the six pack, and my dad and I were on it with 4 snowboarders that are all new to it. Maybe their second time boarding. So as they were getting off the lift, they all fell, and my dads pole got bent pretty badly.

I had a good time skiing with Doug, AtomicJeff, and Zonked. It was nice meeting you Zonked. Your a damn good skier. One question though, how do you get onto your back part of your skis? I tried it, but it didn't work out. I guess my boots are to stiff.

Yeah It's cool to meet yet another face. Thankss I'm not that good, I fell in the lift line hah. OPPS

I don't really know how I do it. I just sit down.

Oh and doug, I was happy to be there but it was a nice slap in the face since that was the first time I've skiied since Snowmass. And well needless to say I couldn't get a feel on the ice. lol and when i feel like I'm skiing bad I sort of get pissed at myself. But I am happy I made it out there, even if I did over sleep....again.

Edited by Zonked

We came ....we skied...we had fun...

Jeff is mad fast...I could only keep up if I strapped a rocket pack to my ass and tucked....Mythbusters style! Time to retire the Twin Tips.

We ate some grub with Jeff and Doug, the Scrapple was perfect...I missed out on the fired oreos but there's always next time.

Doug bounced a tennis ball back at Jeff and I was going to run for it but there was oncoming traffic and the ball rolled in to a puddle of leachate...oh well. It will make some kid happy some day.

The wife and I had fun today. See ya next time.

haha bob...i'm telling you, it's those mofo skis, not me. I wasn't even pushing it...just cruising along :wiggle

too bad we didn't meet up with you and alfonso earlier, but the middle section of challange was freakin sweet, and lunch was a good time...ok time for some sugar free redbull and yuengling :banghead

Bob and I skied 7:30 to 11:30 and had a great day. The lift lines were never really bad and the trails weren't really that crowded. The unload area at the top of the six pack was atrocious but in the liftie's defense it was very windy up there. We did Lazy to Falls the most with runs on Switchback, Paradise, Main Street, Chute, Raceway, Easy Out... pretty much every trail but Razors and Challenge. Overall conditions were surprisingly good. It was a tad icy at the top of most of the trails but not so much so that it made skiing impossible. Oddly enough Main street was powdery and a bit chalky at the top (they must have blown) and icy in the middle. Go figure. Anyway, my favorite run of the day was Raceway to Chute to Main Street. Nice and fast, not too icy and for the most part uncrowded. Midway thru our day some guy called me Alfonso from the lift. I think he asked me to meet him at the butter box but we all know that people who yell from the lift are weirdos so I passed. Hahaha. Of course the gang saw me polling and struggling and not flying expertly down Challenge but I guess that's the way it goes. Towards the end of our day Bob wanted to ski the ice slick know as Challenge and was on his way to do it alone when we bumped into Jeff, Doug and Zonked. YAY! I finally met Zonked. She is so pretty but seemed a little bummed out and jetted soon after. (Attention Zonked: Most of my ski days are bad. Take comfort in the fact that your worst day is most definitely better than my best day.) Anyway, since it was too icy for me to ski Challenge comfortably the gang hit it for two runs while I hung out on one of the base lodge on the benches. FYI, a twin tipper is very easy to spot by the massive plume of snow flying out behind them . I could honestly see Bob from the top of Challenge all the way down to the bottom of Falls. Thank God I didn't go... they were flying. I couldn't have even fallen down that fast. After skiing we hit BMDI with the boyz and had a good time. This just cements the fact that PASR should have play dates outside of ski season. The people on here are genuinely fun to hang out with. See you all next weekend. Same time, same place.