Over-21 Race League Opening @ Sno

Ski

For the lurking adult racers on this MB, we have several openings on a new team for entry in NEXT season's Sno Mountain Thursday Night Race League. The league has been around for a long time, but there's been a resurgence with the new ownership and it's a great opportunity to get some midweek training race runs in for weekend ASRA's or other events. The race season runs January through February.

We have a solid core team, but need to fill at least two more slots. Scoring is done based on the NASTAR Team Point System, so you don't necessarily need to be super fast, just ski to silver or better handicap to be able to consistantly contribute points. Minimum age is 21 and we're looking for men or women. We'd be especially happy to hear from another female, even one that doesn't hit the bronze level but can commit to racing every week to help us meet the female requirement.

Non-season passholders get a ridiculously cheap twilight ticket, so there's always a few hours of great post race skiing to be had for next to nothing.

Our team is sponsored by Racewax.com and our racers will be sporting some of the best cutting-edge waxes available, thanks to PA's own favorite mad scientist, Dr. D.

The venue is the Sno Mtn. NASTAR course and is a fairly long glide, with one moderate and one small headwall and times that run from 29 to 32 seconds for the rabbits. It's current GS only, but we're going to propose some slalom opportunities. In PA, I've skied all but the new BC NASTAR course at one time or another and Sno's is my favorite.

Anyone interested can PM me here, or drop me an email at skiracekill@yahoo.com.

Ski Fast!

Cole

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I think I'll start my own team:

FGT........Team Captain

Atomic Jeff...........He looks pretty good(Not as good as the Ridge kids but good)

Greg..........He seems cool, no other reason.

Danger.......We will always have a weather man on site.

Shadows..........Because he loves racing and he can work the lift in a pinch!

Ski..........I owe him one........ but only if he wants to jump ship to a real team.

Doug..........Never mind, he can't turn!

I'm taking applications. It will be fun. We can heckle Ski all night, unless he decides to come over to our team. Every team member gets a Lehighton jacket.

Edited by First Grade Teacher

I'm taking applications. It will be fun. We can heckle Ski all night, unless he decides to come over to our team. Every team member gets a Lehighton jacket.

oh man! i'll apply just for the jacket.... although i would prefer a Palmerton jacket.. much more classy. haha. its also good to know that you aren't homophobic and allow chippy to be in the team.

FGT........Team Captain

Atomic Jeff...........He looks pretty good(Not as good as the Ridge kids but good)

Ski..........I owe him one........ but only if he wants to jump ship to a real team.

Most teams have a female quota - better add me and Zonked.

FGT........Team Captain

hahaha I missed this thread while away at Killington. sounds like fun and worth a bump for the empty Sno slots. too far away for me.