Bear Creek Haunted?

JibHonk

ok one of my whack ass friends was telling me that some lady who redoes the park at night says she hears some weird creepy shit like indians beating drums, her seeing outlines of people and breath coming from nowhere(i personally think my friend and that lady are a bunch of whackos) and like knots getting tied in hoses, stuff that a person coodnt pick up being thrown in the snowblowers. i think its all a bunch of bull but i mean there was an indian burial ground and idk if they moved it or not but that is what this lady told minizep. and wats up w. a like 300 ft. deep mine bein on the other side of the moutain? thats crazy soo wats everyone else think about this scooby doo indian shit?

I hear about this but I thought they were on timberlines side and that is why they didnt expand that way. The mine there is sooo deep, does anyone know anything about it? It looks like somthing that could be i a horror movie or somthing.

i was in the mine one time w/ my cat and he jumped up and got kicked by an indian ghost, i miss that cat o well i'll never go into it again cuz i went in w/ pants and came out w/ nothing!

i was in the mine one time w/ my cat and he jumped up and got kicked by an indian ghost, i miss that cat o well i'll never go into it again cuz i went in w/ pants and came out w/ nothing!

looking up the mt directly to the left from the top of the tubing and walk back about 100 ft and you have insane caverns over there idk if thats what you guys are talking about, there are huge holes in the ground with water and shit they are really cool to look at actually, theres this one that sorta winds down like a staircase into the ground. theres like 10 huge ass caverns, everyone who lives around here calls em the caves, there an awsome spot to just chill and smoke a spliff. and to the right im not really sure how far over but there are indian burial grounds.

There are actual indian burial grounds off of Timberline....Here is a BC/Doe Mtn. ghost story..............

Haunted Family Property

By: Horselovernut@aol.com

This property is in Berks county Pa. and no one has lived on the property since

1900. No one can visit the property because of the ghosts or whatever you want

to call it. I have never been there but I have heard some strange stories. A

woman screams and if you approach the house a woman stands in the window with a

candle lit. She is dressed in colonial style clothes. The family assumes this is

our ancestor. You also hear a voice telling you to get off his land..

April27 and June9 ,2002 we lost both our dogs. One being a black lab and the

other a german short haired pointer. This property connects with Doe Mountain

Ski Resort, people who work there and has visited Doe Mountain has seen my dogs

running with a elderly man dressed in colonial work clothes. These people

described my dogs right down to the collars. They even told me their names are

Nike and Buster. Which is their names for real.

I was planning a trip there with my daughters and Doe Mountain called me and

begged me not to come. They said do not go there at night time. For whatever

reason they said the night time is the worst. According to Doe Mountain they

said they hear the screams at night and will not allow their guest out at

night, the is a rule that they feel must be abided by.This is when you hear the

blood curtling screams. We had a ancestor that died from a farm injury in 1778.

Her husband died one year earlier leaving her with 6 children and expecting

another one. No one knows exactly how she died or how, but the blame always fell

on a in-law. The in-laws name was Christopher Bittenbender. Some feel he got a

bad rap even though he was never tried and convicted this stayed in the family

history and no one corrected this.

The property is known as the Fetteroff/ Fetherolf/ Bittenbender property.

The cementary still is there along with the house and barn. The stone and log

house was built in 1738 and has been kept in excellent condition. It's liveable

even today. No one in the Fetherolf family dares to step foot on this property.

Some say it's cursed, I say I am in no hurry to find out. Every family member

that has been on the property with their children, the children has always had

tragic accidents that claimed their lives. The last was a girl that was killed

in a plane crash. She had visited the property with her father 2 years prior.

Call it what you want this is too strange for coincidence. Sometimes the family

has vistors from our ancestors that lived and built the property.

I haven't had a visit since last year, I still have strange things happening in

my house and barn but no visible faces and bodies.

Sometimes I hear a pounding on my daughters bedroom wall and she is 7 yrs. and

refuses to sleep in there. I have heard the pounding in my room as well but I

still sleep in my room. My cousin has more visits than I do but he's not married

and has no children. He can handle the confusion more than my house can endure.

I always know when they are here cause my Jack Russell growls at nothing. One

night she leaped in the air at nothing and was attacking something. The

something you could not see. All you heard was a cane tapping.

One night my horses was making awful noises so I went to check on them. I found

nothing but they had a frightful look in their eyes and were rearing up in the

stalls. They all were breathing heavy and were sweaty as if they had been

running.

Maybe one day I will get brave enough to visit but not any time soon.

Even Reading county courthouse knows of this property the land records officer

calls it the haunted land...

Is this house that is being talked about to the far right of timberline with a big field in front of it? Once my friend and I got lost mountain biking on the far side and came across this house right outside the edge of bear creeks land sort of near the mountain biking trails.

rumor has it if you go up into the terrain park real late at night you can see a naked skier flying by. some say he's so hairy around the ass he might be sasquatch, others say it's boyer. i'll have to show you the pictures so you can see some hard evidence...

I heard that the burial ground is all the way towards the left when you get on the chair by the grille/park. If you look in the woods behind where they are doing the new construction there are 2 pine trees mysteriously sitting amongst the treeline. I heard when there is no wind at all, those 2 trees will blow and you can hear voices and see images, especially at night... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

i worked at bear for about 6 years, winter and summer seasons. worked on downhill trails years ago, one went right over one of the "graves" (just a big pile of rocks, just about the dimensions of a body) of the "indian burial ground".. It was creepy around there. There were dream catchers hangin from the trees and other weird shit where the piles of rocks were. they were located next to timberline, i seriously wouldn't doubt they have ceremonies at night there.

About the mines, yea those are there too... wouldn't really call them mines, more like holes, i don't think anything was ever mined out of them. Wouldn't trust walking down in them. i suppose they go down pretty deep, you know when you are gettin close to them becaue the air becomes colder (this is summer again). They are located like someone stated on the left hand side when looking up the mtn. like into the woods off cascade, at about where the tube park starts.

hmm the more i hear this stuff the more i'm startin to become a believer

I'll take you on a hike when the mtn. closes, unless the widening of timberline ruined the area, but it shouldn't have considering it was located higher up on timberline. and also the "holes" but why is that hard to believe it's geology, the ground does move, and holes do form.

Edited by Berserker