bc new improvements

snowboarddude

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was one guy on park crew, now maybe 2 years back who let some friends and I help him shape the lip on the hip they had on cascade and some of the other jumps which was awesome; either way park crew has been pretty good recently I've never had problems either way with them and they know what their doing.

yeah park crew stepped it up big time last year given the conditions they had. It was really nice seeing them do some really creative stuff like the butter pad and channel gap (which no offense...needed a little work) but its the thought that counts. That is one of the reasons i love BC so much, b/c they do everything they can with what they have. Everyone always has something to say about the size of the mountain, but for the size i would have to say it packs one hell of a punch and i am thinking this year its gonna be packing a knockout...as long as conditions co-operate.

how i c it now... when the new says it is goin to be a warm winter 5 months before the trees turn colors it ends up being cold

and when they says it is going to be a cold winter it ends up being warm!!

in conclusion they are talking about the warm winter so it will end up being cold this winter!!

you are right about park crew stepping it up but did that guy get fired or not?

they are talking about the warm winter so it will end up being cold this winter!!

Here is a review of the NOAA record with respect to recent winter predictions in the northeastern us:

2000-2001: "Normal" temperatures forecasted, actual temperature 1.1 below normal.

2001-2002: "Colder" temperatures forecasted, actual temperature 6.5 above normal.

2002-2003: "Warmer" temperatures forecasted, actual temperatures 3.5 below normal.

2003-2004: "Normal" temperatures forecasted, actual temperatures 2.0 below normal.

2004-2005: "Colder" temperatures forecasted, actual temperatures 0.4 above normal.

2005-2006: "Equal chances" of above and below normal, actual temperatures 2.1 above.

2006-2007: "Warmer" temperatures forecasted, actual temperature 1.5 above normal

All of this doesn't mean much if there are huge temperature swings. Think about last year - it only ended up being 1.5 degrees above normal, but we did not have snow conditions until mid Jan. It was really warm and then got REALLY cold for one of the longest and coldest cold snaps in recent memory.

Temperature relative to normal really does not affect us that much. What affects us is whether we have consistant temperatures. It would be better to have every day between freezing and forty with cold nights to make snow than to have two weeks of warm days AND nights and then two weeks of cold days and nights.

The forecast for warm or cold winters really means nothing for skiers and snowboarders - even if they are correct when they forecast the average.

My $0.02

Okay a couple of things who cares who smokes up at bear they do it they do it, the only issue is getting in trouble for it that sucks as long as you're responsible what's it matter in the end we're all there to do the same thing ride.

As for the weather the news has been wrong a good amount lately last year was supposed to be "A good season with good snow and cold temperatures, now this year their saying it's going to be a warm bad winter I think the news has become the least reliable way to get weather I just want to see a nice long cold season where we get some good snow fall that's all I hope for, oh and one good heavy large fall later in the season!