bc new improvements

snowboarddude

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by on a spine type thing i meant on on top of a mound of snow i guess resembling a short wide spine. where you can ride up to either side instead of it being flat on the ground. i'll try and sketch it and put it up here. i should have been more specific. k bye.

thats generally what i was i was saying when i said it should be rainbow. set up lengthwise down the trail. the rainbow would just allow it to be setup easier. three different lines: left c, right c, or butter box in the middle with variations of transfers and shit.

theres at least 3 different entry angles on that type of feature. you cant use the same lip that enters the center as the lip for the c boxes. so a rainbow effect would allow you to blend the lips easier for each entry angle

regardless of what i think im sure bc knows what theyre doing more than i do. so itll be sick.

I just wanted to add a picture of Andy's latest project. It is going to be a movable, skate-style, quarter pipe. He is using the UHMW plastic to top it and it will be approximately 8' to 9' tall and 20' to 25' wide when completed.

He also has a sample of concrete terrazzo that he plans to use to construct an urban concrete ledge on a steel rail base. When he begins construction on that, I will get some photos posted for you.

Just and FYI, the fiber project is completed and the Black Bear Park cam is now operational again.

post-791-1190379921_thumb.jpg

Edited by BC-Mark

^^thats how people need to start building wallrides if they want them to be vertical. theyre sooooo much easier to maintain.

Yea you can't carve on the face like a regular QP so some moves are out but for 90% of people they will provide a better and safer experience because the lip will actually be vert, and there are so few quarter pipes around that most people do not have many moves in their bag for them. I've really only ever gotten to 360s, grabs and such on QP's but I would love to try a handplant, I just never had the opportunity to because every QP around here has no lip left after an hour or two.

its meant to be a QP not a wallride, my bad. but still making them both that way is easier i would just like a wall ride to be not vertical.

when he said skate style QP i assumed he meant snow would be shaped 3/4 of the way up to the lip, with the last few inches of the QP left bare UHWM. then have actual coping on top. that still allows you to carve up and air but having the coping/top section be solid and not snow, means youll always have a steady height with no chunks taken out or anything.

for those of you that have seen "the freshtival" back in 06 i think, their wallride was dope. the frame/transition was built out of wood (like what andy is doing) and the snow was basically just pushed up and took shape of the frame.

for those of you that have seen "the freshtival" back in 06 i think, their wallride was dope. the frame/transition was built out of wood (like what andy is doing) and the snow was basically just pushed up and took shape of the frame.

So is that what we're seeing here or are they going to put some decking on that frame? Has anyone ever tried to hit a qp made of solid plastic? It must be pretty weird. Then again, boulder had some plastic ramps for a rail or 2 which weren't terrible.

So is that what we're seeing here or are they going to put some decking on that frame? Has anyone ever tried to hit a qp made of solid plastic? It must be pretty weird. Then again, boulder had some plastic ramps for a rail or 2 which weren't terrible.

i dont work for bc obviously. but you do have to have some frame in the center to actually support the snow. it will essentially be built the same way a street ramp would, this will just have snow on it. you can see in the back, hes framing all of them

Edited by DanSobey