1 day Killington trip?

bigdaddyk

Anybody drive to Killington, ski, then come back in the same day? I figured that it would be a 16 to 18 hour day for me. My work schedule won't allow a two day trip for me and I used all the time that I'm willing to use, for this ski season. I was just wondering how it would be. Unless if I do this, my season is done :crymore: .

People do this..Killington is a 3 hour longer drive than Belleayre..

So you drive 6 hours..ski 4 hours...and drive 6 hours..

I'm die-hard and for me that seems like a tiring day..especially alone. But if you leave at 3:00AM you can be home for a late dinner..I drove 7 hours after a morning of skiing and I'm beat..I couldn't imagine more. Just my inflation adjusted 3.6 cents..

The drive up wouldn't bother me. After skiing, the drive home could be exhausting. If I could handle this weekend, a one day trip might not bother me. Here's what I did this weekend:

Friday: worked until 11pm. Fell asleep around 1:30 am

Saturday: woke up at 4:45am to go to Belleayre. Skied until 1pm. Took a nap from 6-9pm. Worked OT from 10 pm to 2 am. Fell asleep at 3:30 am

Sunday: Woke up at 5 am. Skied until 2pm.

So I worked, took a nap, skied, took a nap, worked, took a nap, skied.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I did the killington day trip this january. it took around 4:45 each way, but I usually keep it at around 75 on the thruway because those NYS cops are brutal with their moving radar... by the time the detector picks it up it is generally too late with moving radar..., but since you are a cop, you could probably make it there in around 4 at like 85-90 MPH...

you can ski more hours then you drive. when i take my trips, i leave at 1 am, get there around seven, grab breakfast, ski from open to close, drive back and get home around 10. i was thinking about heading up next week on wednesday, but i think there are only bump runs open, and i am not too good at bumps, and wouldnt want to drive all that way just for them.

I want to get a May day in...maybe I'll try the one day thing..

Door to door for me to K-ton is about 6 hours including a quick stop..I can make it there on less than a full-tank..I need to get a bladder thing like the astronauts use so I can go non-stop...

There are less cops on the road early AM...but being a right lane warrior and staying below 70mph is the only way to 100 percent avoid getting a ticket..Cruise control is the bomb..Otherwise I accidently go to 90mph during a DMX song..

If I go to Killington it would be their closing weekend. It's hard for me to ski less hours than I drive..

I set the cruise on 77 the whole way on 87 North, I figured if I got a ticket it would just be part of the expense of the trip...no ticket.

NTS.

:confused:confused

you can ski more hours then you drive. when i take my trips, i leave at 1 am, get there around seven, grab breakfast, ski from open to close, drive back and get home around 10. i was thinking about heading up next week on wednesday, but i think there are only bump runs open, and i am not too good at bumps, and wouldnt want to drive all that way just for them.

According to their snow report, there are groomed runs open...click on the groomed trails link and it will list only the opened groomed trails.

:confused:confused

According to their snow report, there are groomed runs open...click on the groomed trails link and it will list only the opened groomed trails.

but i figure by next week that the amount of runs open will decrease drastically, and probobly superstar and a few others will be the only runs open with only the superstar lift, thats how its been almost every may in the past few years. i hope im wrong though. i probobly wont go though unless i can find someone to come or there will be people from pasr up there.

Edited by collective addiction

It depends on what state and whether they have an agreement with them.

Yes it does.

WRONG

from PENNDOT website: http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fac...eets/fs-dlc.pdf

Q: What violations committed in a member state will result in the suspension of my driving privilege in PA?

A: The following offenses, if committed in a member state, would be treated as though the offense had occurred in Pennsylvania and the appropriate sanction would be imposed under the provisions of our Vehicle Code:

Edited by jordan

I got a ticket in PA last year and the points transferred over to my NJ license...only 2, my rates stayed the same and the ticket was only $150.

Yeah, both states are part of the DLC, so they have to report offences to eachother. NJ just isnt as nice to thier residents as PA is though...

Colorado, Maryland, Nevada, New York and Pennsylvania are actually the only 5 states out of the 46 members that do not asess points for out of state traffic tickets...