what a let down

Barb

I sent the boys to camp back in June. There were no good pictures of them on the glacier from the website. Only random shots of them standing around. I have been checking the website daily for them to post the video hoping they would be in it. They finally posted it yesterday and the only shots of them are randomly standing around. There were a decent number of little kids at camp and the video and pics don't show any of them doing rails or even on the snow. Its all the older kids. yeah, I know I am whining but it sucks. End of rant.

Been there, done that and it sucks! the first year nips went to camp, the only photos I got were from his friends. I think COC advertises that they took 8000 photos last season, I found 4 or 5 pics of him and 2 of his brother. The 2 of his brother were from the hotel and not from the slopes. There were only 3 pics of him this season.

Did they have a photographer on staff on the mountain each day?

They don't guarantee a pic of your kid on their website. I don't need it to be on the website, I just want one for myself. They post the pics and vid on the website and then you download them, so if its not on the site, that's it.

They advertise a video at the end of camp. They don't physically give you a dvd, they put one on their website and you can download it to your computer. This was my first time doing camp so maybe I was expecting too much, but for the money they charge I was expecting at least a few good pictures of them actually on the snow.

Bummer, Barb, but I wouldn't give up too soon. We were always inundated with proofs following camp at MHSSC, as well as video offers. Were the kids taped every day for analysis at night? At race camps, anyway, they often sell those back to the kids. We have hours of footage of my kid as well as all of her friends running gates, not to mention dozens of pics that I had to Photoshop the word "SAMPLE" off of :rolleyes:

I'd begin my email query with, "I'm a very wealthy mother who wants to spend lots of money on my kid's pics, can you help?"

that's a good line. I did get an email from the camp who gave me the email of the guy who did the videos. I contacted him and told him I would pay for any footage of my kids he had laying around. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

my older son definitely did. My younger son didn't get as much out of it. I think he might have been too young.
Well, when he proves it to you this winter, then you'll have your live show. Face it, even if you had pics and videos of the camp, what counts is what stuck, not what they did then. Edited by sibhusky

Well, when he proves it to you this winter, then you'll have your live show. Face it, even if you had pics and videos of the camp, what counts is what stuck, not what they did then.

Yeah I know that. I just wanted a picture or two since I wasn't up on the glacier with them. I am thrilled that he finally had the confidence to do the terrain park, and that he met new friends that he has been emailing all summer and he felt like he was on his own since we were not in the hotel with them. Overall it was a great experience for both of them. They have been telling anyone who will listen all summer how great camp was, how they went to a new country and all the fun things we did. I am not saying all I wanted out of the camp experience was a picture. But when there are over 150 pictures and a 30 minute video and my kids are only in random shots standing around I am just disappointed that's all. Geesh it was just a lighthearted little rant, leave it at that.