new quad in brighton

Timeless

I just received the years "ski utah" planner in the post and it's just adding to the pre-season impatience :banghead

Anyway, the only news in the "magazine" was that the Brighton have torn out the two old lifts on Millicent, including the one with the hugh drop and no safety bars, and replaced them with one high speed quad. :bow:

For those like me that think Brighton is a great place to ride, this is good news indeed.

Noooooooooo. Those doubles were straight character all the way. I'm pissed they're takin' out all the scary lifts at resorts. The old Whistler peak chair used to be terrifying, but in a good way.

This makes Millicent soooo much more attractive for the noobies to ride, when it has some of the best lift accessed terrain at Brighton. Just gets tracked out quicker. I'm not gonna complain when I'm doing faster laps, but I'll complain now from my computer.

Noooooooooo. Those doubles were straight character all the way. I'm pissed they're takin' out all the scary lifts at resorts. The old Whistler peak chair used to be terrifying, but in a good way.

This makes Millicent soooo much more attractive for the noobies to ride, when it has some of the best lift accessed terrain at Brighton. Just gets tracked out quicker. I'm not gonna complain when I'm doing faster laps, but I'll complain now from my computer.

100% agreed...only gapers use saftey bars, really wtf is so hard about not falling of the god damn lift and don't say kids because even industry numbers say 95% of the people that fall off a lift have the bar down. No everytime I ride there gapers are going to crack me in the head with the bar lord knows that riding 2 seconds out of the lift house with the bar up results in 100% mutilation.

My apologies in advance the whole bar thing kinda pisses me off.

Well, what pisses me off is some smart ass kid who thinks only gapers want the bar down. Call me an old lady, but I think after 35 years of skiing, 915 days, and over 14 million vertical feet, I am no gaper. I want the bar down to rest my legs so I can ski bell to bell, so SORRY but when I tell you I'm pulling down the bar get your damn head out of the way!

Edited by sibhusky

I dunno, the main face of millicent is probably serious enough to keep those of limited abilities away, but I would have to agree that the old lifts had "character".

My favorite places at Brighton are down off of Clayton Peak, some of the best riding I came across in Utah, steep, thin trees and powder :drool

Well, what pisses me off is some smart ass kid who thinks only gapers want the bar down. Call me an old lady, but I think after 35 years of skiing, 915 days, and over 12 million vertical feet, I am no gaper. I want the bar down to rest my legs so I can ski bell to bell, so SORRY but when I tell you I'm pulling down the bar get your damn head out of the way!

only 915 days in 35 years? :wiggle

only 915 days in 35 years? :wiggle

There were a couple of seasons I didn't ski much due to being a poor college student or pregnant.

Since I've been writing everything down, though, the days have increased pretty steadily.

skigraph.jpg

Edited by sibhusky

Well, what pisses me off is some smart ass kid who thinks only gapers want the bar down. Call me an old lady, but I think after 35 years of skiing, 915 days, and over 14 million vertical feet, I am no gaper. I want the bar down to rest my legs so I can ski bell to bell, so SORRY but when I tell you I'm pulling down the bar get your damn head out of the way!

good answer

First off I'm not some smart ass kid, I am too old and injured to often to be a kid, though it would be nice to be that flexible again. Its great that you get out that much, my post was not meant to be 100% serious, more that I don't enjoy persons that slam the bar don't without looking two seconds after loading. If you look to see what is going on and let everyone know I'm cool with that. My apologies to you personally if I have some how offended you, my post was not intended to be 100% serious and was more about the Strattoning of a lot of mountains that had more of a soul.

• 2 weeks later...

I put the bar down 90% of the time - the 10% being on a triple with footrests. If you try to put the bar down with a snowboarder sitting in the middle and the two little mini ski holders there, the snowboard doesn't fit through and its really uncomfortable. That being said it doesn't make me feel all that safe because most people fall out under the bar, footrests are nice though cuz for boarders all the weight on one foot + cranked down bindings = no circulation in the foot that everything is hanging off. Bars with no footrests are a waste of time.