07-08 Park Ideas

Rodeo Steve

i dont know if this was mentioned before... but.. why do the pictures on Blue's site say that the stupid tractor that they use to cut trails is going to be retiring to the park? we dont need more shit in there. sidewinder is turning into a dumping ground for them.

haha i saw that too....i was a little worried <_<

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new trail looks pretty much groomed as far as I can tell (a lot less rocks) - I guess the delay is going to me getting the pipes/blowers in there...do you think they'll get enough natural snow on it that they'd consider opening it towards the middle/end of the season?

The new trail looks pretty much groomed as far as I can tell (a lot less rocks) - I guess the delay is going to me getting the pipes/blowers in there...do you think they'll get enough natural snow on it that they'd consider opening it towards the middle/end of the season?

Im thinking they might take the portable guns up there but not till after everything is open. I mean I could totally be wrong but thats the only way I could see them opening it at all.. Pennsylvania and natural snow... :banghead

i have an idea for blues park, it would be a sick progressive feature, a big ass Bowl coated w/ like polyeuratheane, not too deep but sloped enough to get mad pop, but still be able to butter and slide through the "dish", just an idea :drink:

I agree it would be sick but like 3/4 of the people at Blue cant make it over a 10ft butter box.

I agree it would be sick but like 3/4 of the people at Blue cant make it over a 10ft butter box.

haha... seriously.. :confused since when are we worrying about that? ok so personally i think the dish would be another circusy POS that would get in the way, no offense way to be original, but if we're worried about how many people can ride a feature [correctly] then it would make sense to get rid of sidewinder park, period.

so i was thinking, i know we have new rails and all that, so a snow feature i would like to see would be a nice quarterpipe somewhere... and that made me think, it would be even more awsome if it was a spine, they are soo much fun.. but something like that would proly get run down way too quickly?

i dont know if this was mentioned before... but.. why do the pictures on Blue's site say that the stupid tractor that they use to cut trails is going to be retiring to the park? we dont need more shit in there. sidewinder is turning into a dumping ground for them.

After all those trails I cut I think I'll retire to the Terrain Park.

TrailS? more than one? I think they're probably trying to say that the tractor is moving to work on some easier work in the park. If they put that thing in the park, it'd be fucking stupid. We have a school bus and a skyscraper box. Please tell me they don't mean to put that shit in as a feature...

so i was thinking, i know we have new rails and all that, so a snow feature i would like to see would be a nice quarterpipe somewhere... and that made me think, it would be even more awsome if it was a spine, they are soo much fun.. but something like that would proly get run down way too quickly?

Yeah man 1/4 pipes are sick but mad hard to maintain. A spine would be pretty crazy. They had the quarterpipe at the bottom of the halfpipe last year which was alright at times but angled wrong I think cause the only way to get any decent speed was to rip down the side of the pipe. I think a sweet spot for 1 would be right after where the crackerbarrel was last year. Like the landing of it but all the way up against the tree line.

set up the wallride on an angle like this:

hadar_wall.jpg

Exactly.

Can we get an amen if someone from park crue has read and understood the posts about leaning the wallride back? Such a simple and FREE change could improve the park a ton.

Werd. Problem is that the wallride is welded to four columns that are set into the ground on concrete foundations. It would be a pretty large undertaking to set that thing up at a different angle.

Werd. Problem is that the wallride is welded to four columns that are set into the ground on concrete foundations. It would be a pretty large undertaking to set that thing up at a different angle.

Really? is that common practice? I've never heard of that before. Ur really killin my dreams here, I thought that was atleast one change that could be made easily.

Even if it is cemented into the ground, it'd still be relatively inexpensive (besides labor) to move the thing. Otherwise you have a feature sitting in cement that was unhittable and just taking up space for all of last year. Not once did I get there and find it doable. Once I begged park crue to give me a shovel so I could fix it, but they weren't interested, so obviously the thing is never gonna be well kept in its current setup

Even if it is cemented into the ground, it'd still be relatively inexpensive (besides labor) to move the thing. Otherwise you have a feature sitting in cement that was unhittable and just taking up space for all of last year. Not once did I get there and find it doable. Once I begged park crue to give me a shovel so I could fix it, but they weren't interested, so obviously the thing is never gonna be well kept in its current setup

Ya man I hear ya. It really just is the reality of how it is setup. Don't know if you ever got to Bear Creek last year but it is the same deal as the staircase they built. Really nice feature with a ton of potential, but due to poor setup the thing was not able to be utilized anywhere near its potential.

The wallride is kinda the same deal. There is just not enough space to have a nice base of snow beneath it while also having a long smooth transition. We'll do our best to keep it maintained this year. Perhaps we will try to "set" the transition for the first few days the park is open. Basically use a urea mix to get the transition to hold its shape a little better. The heavy water content in blown snow does make it tough to maintain features that require a lot of structural integrity. Basically around here you can't build stuff once and maintain it by hand. You need to constantly reconstruct with the help of a cat.

With concern to handing out shovels, park crews aren't technically allowed to do this. Legal concerns...

Yeah man, I hear ya.

So from your response I'm assuming you're on park crew at blue? And I'm also kinda getting that we can forget about it being leaned back? Because that would solve all ur problems, u wouldn't really need a vert tranny at all, just snow sloping up towards it at no precise angle at all.

Don't know if you ever got to Bear Creek last year but it is the same deal as the staircase they built. Really nice feature with a ton of potential, but due to poor setup the thing was not able to be utilized anywhere near its potential.

haha i bet you werent at bear at all cause both of bears staircases were sick and hitable all season long

haha i bet you werent at bear at all cause both of bears staircases were sick and hitable all season long

the bigger staircase was unhitable and sometimes even closed off every time i was at bear last year. i guess its easier to hit the thing on a snowboard cause you can just pull your nose up to get onto it, but with what little lip the thing had, it was near impossible on skis every time we were there.

My intent was not to hate on Bear at all, it was only to give an example that people not normally at Blue might relate to. Matt B obviously thinks the feature was a success, but I'd like to think that for a feature to be a success it is able to be riden by everyone when open. In any case, I too agree that setup is crucial, and things in Sidewinder definitely could be tweaked for easier and higher quality maintanence. Keith (head of parks at Blue) does read these boards and comments and suggestions/constructive criticism definitely doesn't fall on deaf ears.