New 1 Billion Revelstoke Resort

Johnny Law

Rumors have had this happening for years but it has finally happened, Revelstoke would over cat, heli and lift skiing all from one village and North America's longest vert. at 6000ft. I'm sure some of this is condo sales bs (real estate is going crazy in Reve right now) but I saw the plans and the construction and this place has the potential to be huge, like larger than Whistler huge. I skied with Powder Cats several times and they have fantastic terrain. You get in the cat at the dinky Powder Springs ski area, climb several thousand feet, and then do 2,000 laps up high while looking across the river at the CMH Monoshees' terrain. Last run is 5,000 vert back down to the area however the problems I see are these:

Reve is 4 hours away from any large airport (calgary) and has a lot of closed roads between it and Calgary. On the way from Calgary to Reve you have to go past Norquay, Sunshine, Lake Louise, Kicking horse, and the turn off for panorama, Nakiska, jasper, Castle and Fernie. Too many other places that are working at less then full compasity, that are way closer, with better roads.Current large construction delays include from castle mnt to lake louise, then coming into golden, and then to pass from golden to reve was all delayed this summer badly. Still if this all works out this could be crazy cool, and unlike Jumbo it's already approved.

http://www.discoverrevelstoke.com/

Here are some picspic5.jpgpic4.jpgpic3.jpgpic2.jpgpic1.jpg

Edited by Johnny Law

I've been reading about this stuff for along time. You mentioned the roads, which is probably the biggest problem. The main road leading to Reve, gets closed alot and often, and the airport in Reve is still very small and can't accept any bigger planes. I think that will be the biggest difficutly for them. But this could be a sick sick resort. Anyone want to bum it for a few years :rock

Anyone want to bum it for a few years

If it ever is what they say it will be, bums we be a plenty myself included. Did the provence throw money down for an airport? I thought in the never ending Jumbo conversation it was established that a larger airport was going in but I could be totally wrong. Anyone know?

Edited by Johnny Law

If it ever is what they say it will be, bums we be a plenty myself included. Did the provence throw money down for an airport? I thought in the never ending Jumbo conversation it was established that a larger airport was going in but I could be totally wrong. Anyone know?

I don't know the airport lingo, but right now the airport at the base is as antique as it gets. They don't have the equipment for anything other than visual landings is my understanding. I think it is a given that the airport will expand/update, there probably just needs to be a demand first.

They are suppose to be upgrading the Airport aswell. Dunno how soon though. Suppose to be making the runway longer and so forth so it can accept bigger planes.

• 1 month later...