Mt snow sorta kinda maybe a little what the hell open?!

rgrwilco

i thought this was pretty cool. mt snow telling people to come play in the snow that they made. also to come hike and ski and ride. they even have a box out. i just never really heard of a mountain doing this, especially after the first night of snowmaking. this just backs up my faith in peak.

http://news.alpinezone.com/19214/

They where handing out lift tickets for free, for liability reasons, and allowing people to hike. That slope is about the size/pitch of the sugar slope at Mountain Creek or the freedom park at JFBB or the tubing hill at Blue. Some places farther north pumped out more snow but Mt Snow was the only one officially letting people use it.

Yea Peak gets two points for condoning people to hike at Mount Snow and a point for making the most snow for the first 24 hours period at Attitash,POWDR gets a point for snowmaking on the first cold snap.Yea Peak gets two points for condoning people to hike at Mount Snow and a point for making the most snow for the first 24 hours period at Attitash,POWDR gets a point for snowmaking on the first cold snap.

Yea Peak gets two points for condoning people to hike at Mount Snow and a point for making the most snow for the first 24 hours period at Attitash,POWDR gets a point for snowmaking on the first cold snap.Yea Peak gets two points for condoning people to hike at Mount Snow and a point for making the most snow for the first 24 hours period at Attitash,POWDR gets a point for snowmaking on the first cold snap.

ummmmm.....

props to mt snow :chea::rock

No I"ll be the first to admit that the terrain at Mount Snow is flatter shorter and less varied than the other places, they get less natural snow etc. BUT - they are going to run that hill better than any other mountain in Vermont for those of us who are serious about skiing and riding. Which makes me hope that they continue to be profitable and snap up some other bigger places. Mount Snow is the biggest mountain they have managed, so if they keep making money maybe someday they will own a few more New England mountains. They are going to force everyone to compete with them on their terms since they own two resorts up there now.

i completely agree. it seems that peak is taking the same approach to mt snow that they use on their smaller hills-quality, good pr, and lots of positive investments and actions. ive never been really psyched to get to mt snow, but this year im making it a point to get there at least once.

i completely agree. it seems that peak is taking the same approach to mt snow that they use on their smaller hills-quality, good pr, and lots of positive investments and actions. ive never been really psyched to get to mt snow, but this year im making it a point to get there at least once.

For me I take a few trips a year, and one of those trips is about 15 people who are all relatively beginner/intermediate aside from 3 of us. We could go to Kmart or anywhere really, we just need a motel or house to party at and some greens/blues for them and a few blacks for us, but I'm making it a point to bring all those people to Mount Snow because of their managament. I might travel to Jay or Stowe for better snow for myself, but the big friends trips they're getting my money. ANd thats 15 people x 4 days = 60 lift tickets * $50 = $3000, so yea, their attitude does equal money in the bank for them. Consider pre ASC sale, we where going to Killington this year after a good year at Mount Snow just for a change, but POWDR turned me off and so we're going back to Snow.

For me I take a few trips a year, and one of those trips is about 15 people who are all relatively beginner/intermediate aside from 3 of us. We could go to Kmart or anywhere really, we just need a motel or house to party at and some greens/blues for them and a few blacks for us, but I'm making it a point to bring all those people to Mount Snow because of their managament. I might travel to Jay or Stowe for better snow for myself, but the big friends trips they're getting my money. ANd thats 15 people x 4 days = 60 lift tickets * $50 = $3000, so yea, their attitude does equal money in the bank for them. Consider pre ASC sale, we where going to Killington this year after a good year at Mount Snow just for a change, but POWDR turned me off and so we're going back to Snow.

Totally agree about Powdr....have you ever tried Magic, it has pretty good terrain for S VT. Rumor is though that they aren't opening this year, I thought after last year they were doing relativley well.

Anyone ever get to Ascutney? I've seen Mt. Ascutney from Mt. Washington and from what I hear it is pretty steep with all the granite and hang gliding going on. From studing the trail map and Google Earth it looks like you could use the lifts to yo yo the terrain off of Ascutney North though knowing VT you would probably need a DR power mower

Edited by Johnny Law

heh, I remember the past few years, people were sooo scared to ride BB post season because they thought PEAK would sue them or something for tresspassing... I hope this clears up the company's stance on hiking for turns when the areas are closed...

Jordan

it would be neat if peak could put just one person on the clock at boulder post season to hand out free tickets like mt snow was doing. all they would have to pay for is the ticket persons hourly wage, and im sure if they charged 5 bucks a ticket they could pay for it.

Mount Snow is a great place if you are a local and can ski during the week. I spent three years mostly alone on the NF. But it's the exact same experience as Hunter on weekends. Rude-ass mo fo's from NYC who get off on stiffing instructors and waitresses because "the tickets are so expensive". I used to overhear that all the time at the end of a lesson: "Why should I tip when it's so goddamn expensive here?"

I probably love Sno's NF because it reminds me of a mini Mt. Snow NF...

Mount Snow is a great place if you are a local and can ski during the week.

:yes

Ya I also have heard people complain about the prices up there. Though they are very stingy with the discounts if I remember correctly... Maybe thats somewhere else I was thinking of.

Mount Snow is a great place if you are a local and can ski during the week. I spent three years mostly alone on the NF. But it's the exact same experience as Hunter on weekends. Rude-ass mo fo's from NYC who get off on stiffing instructors and waitresses because "the tickets are so expensive". I used to overhear that all the time at the end of a lesson: "Why should I tip when it's so goddamn expensive here?"

I probably love Sno's NF because it reminds me of a mini Mt. Snow NF...

I have friends that teach that get huge tips at Hunter...

Also have freiends who waitress and make good tips..

I have friends that teach that get huge tips at Hunter...

Also have freiends who waitress and make good tips..

im assuming its not the norm. with the crowds at both mountains, im sure they still get plenty of tips. its just some of the new yorkers(city) that live up to their stereotype-loud and speak their mind, and think they are the shit.

im assuming its not the norm. with the crowds at both mountains, im sure they still get plenty of tips. its just some of the new yorkers(city) that live up to their stereotype-loud and speak their mind, and think they are the shit.

It's still an assumption based upon the past just the same..

Most people I know from NYC are nice and polite... nothing like your assumption.. I work at a company where we take people to NYC all the time and they are very impressed with the way they are treated by the locals...

Also remember when you say NY - it's a pretty big state... It's like saying people from Philly act like people from Pittsburg... It's just not a fair assumption...

Those assholes could be from anywhere.. NJ, NY, PA, CT.... And if I remember correctly... Camelback, Shawnee and JF had it's share of jerks too.... But you don't see me ragging on CB and JF... And I'm supposed to be an obnoixious NYer... According to you...