Blue Mountain TR 3/15

AngryHugo

Just got back from a great Gaper Day at Blue. Met Doug, Sexkitten (Leslie), and Boblikescats (Bob) in the lower lot. When we went to score our $10 tickets, the window people had no idea what we were talking about. A few phone calls later, and we were on a shuttle to the upper lodge. Fancy limos for fancy people! Doug was rocking his fur hat, Members Only jacket adorned with plenty of flair, and a lovely airbrushed t-shirt. Leslie was in a white one-piece with green faux fur gaitors and a matching green visor. Bob was also sporting a one-piece, his choice for the day was purple with a matching jester hat. I had on my neon and black down (?) jacket which was warm enough for space travel.

After our little delay, we hooked up with Doug and Mbike-ski (Mike) at the top of the six-pack. We took a few more runs, then met up with Matt. The one-piece twins were a big hit. "I just love your retro outfits!" We bombed Paradise a few times, and the red coats just smiled and waved.

At about 10:30 I think, it was time for some parking lot cocktails. Doug stopped off for a sammich with extra steeze. A few drinks in, Melissa showed with her friends. More drinks were had, as were cherries soaked in some sort of chemical solvent. I had to bail early because I have to scrape and patch our bedroom wall. Fun times. I'm sure there are plenty of details and people I missed, and for that I apologze in advance. Bob got lots of pics, so prepare for some chuckles later. It was great finally riding with everyone. Off to sand and spackle land. Woo hoo!

We had an awesome time. I fell twice. Once because Doug cut me off (there will be a pic of this to come--I got stuck in the net--seriously--and certain people INSISTED upon taking a pic of me) and once just because I'm an idiot and sometimes I fall. Conditions were great to start, but got super soupy--when it gets like that, I don't quite enjoy skiing as much. Also, before I run off to get all my stuff done, I'd just like to say that neither of my falls were alcohol related!

We had an awesome time. I fell twice. Once because Doug cut me off (there will be a pic of this to come--I got stuck in the net--seriously--and certain people INSISTED upon taking a pic of me) and once just because I'm an idiot and sometimes I fall. Conditions were great to start, but got super soupy--when it gets like that, I don't quite enjoy skiing as much. Also, before I run off to get all my stuff done, I'd just like to say that neither of my falls were alcohol related!

Thats what they ALL say.

;)

Seriously. I had to drive home. I did, however, chug my beer on the lift faster than Doug, despite the beer's freezing cold temperature!!!

So it WAS alcohol related!

Remember kids, don't drink and ski at the same time! Let someone RESPONSIBLE ski for you!

Great trip to Blue today. I think everything has pretty much been covered. I got there about 830 and after one run met up with the PASR crew. It was a fun time... I'll forgo the lengthly post and just post some pictures...

Lets get started... first chair up...

IMGP1034.jpg

The 9 am meeting... we were there ... the organizer ... was not..

IMGP1035.jpg

SK downing an everclear cherry ..

IMGP1036.jpg

The group on the lift .. .sarah, melissa, mike, bob, doug

IMGP1038.jpg

Melissa tries SK's cherry

IMGP1040.jpg

hot ladies...

IMGP1041.jpg

Group pic from like the third break

IMGP1043.jpg

Melissa after a double ejection ... not the net photo, but still good...

IMGP1044.jpg

All in all --- great trip--- maybe see some of you all up at sno soon.

PASRday001.jpg

PASRday002.jpg

Here are the pics of Melissa stuck in the net. Snoskier is helping her out.

It was certainly interesting to come around that corner and see her off the side of the trail and wrapped up though haha. Sorry Melissa, you're not hurt so we can laugh about it a little now. :D

Okay, time now for my better, fuller report.

Pulled into the lower lot around ??. Parked next to Schif/Mike. We booted up together. I drank a pre-skiing beer, mostly to make myself feel better about getting pulled over on the way to Blue. Then we went to the upper lodge to get our $10 tickets. After that, we took the 6-pack up, which was SO FAST! It was seriously almost like being at the amusement park (remember, Sno does not have HS lifts). Mike and I skiied Lazy Mile and Challenge, and at some point had another beer on the lift, then met up with Sarah (my friend), and then we all went to the parking lot, where we met up with everyone else. After some drinking/talking, we did more skiing.

On one run, we did Paradise, and I did, in fact, pass Doug. It was quite exciting!!! Let's see, I wanted to do the boarder cross, so like, we went down this one run, and then got down to the terrain park thing by the 6-pack, and I was all, ummm where is the boarder cross? And someone was like, oh, we just did it. The boarder cross at Blue is just like a few banked turns (or whatever you want to call them). If you are into boarder cross, you should come to Sno b/c Sno has this huge awesome course set up, fyi.

Hmmm, what else to add. We went through the terrain park a few times to get to the 6-pack and I tried that half-pipe there a few times. It was interesting. I wasn't entirely sure what to do, but it was good to try it. Then we did some more drinking (this happened like every hour). Then we skiied some more. On one lift ride, Doug and I kind of had a chugging contest, and technically I won, but I don't think he was seriously competing. It was hard to chug the beer because it was ice-cold. I prefer warm beer for chugging.

Let's see, time to highlight the crashes! First time I fell was because Doug cut me off, and I had no where to go but into the orange webbed fence. It wasn't a big deal, except for the fact that my ski kind of got stuck in the webbing. Thankfully, Jonathan (Sno Skier) helped me get out, while Schif/Mike, Sarah, and Bob all watched and laughed. It provided a good 5 minutes of laughter I think! I'm a good sport though, and I even took my goggles off and smiled (while stuck in the fence) for a picture. The second fall was my fault. We were on some easy run, but I just hit a pile of stuff, and I guess I just fell. I started having trouble with the snow later on in the day b/c it was so soft and there were piles, and my boots are all packed out and SO LOOSE that my ankles and feet were being sloshed around.

I had a ton of fun with everyone, and I really, really hope that we can do another PASR day before the season is over.

EVERYONE is allowed to laugh at me in the fence! It was a quality time! Thank goodness I had you guys for moral support, haha. What is so funny about the fence incident is that I have been too scared to do White Lightning at Sno, b/c I am scared I will ski into the fence.

Also, please note my VINTAGE Nike Mondrian-inspired jacket.

I really wish I could have been there with you all..

I spent the day with the kids cleaning the water and funktified leaves off the top of the pool cover...

Took the leaf netting off of my koi ponds...

Moved an azelea (sp) bush to a new location in the front yard.

Laundry, blahblaH

next weekend though....

Gaper day #2 and I'll be there representin souf Philly burbzia

I really wish I could have been there with you all..

I spent the day with the kids cleaning the water and funktified leaves off the top of the pool cover...

Took the leaf netting off of my koi ponds...

Moved an azelea (sp) bush to a new location in the front yard.

Laundry, blahblaH

next weekend though....

Gaper day #2 and I'll be there representin souf Philly burbzia

hell yeah Philly you better be there representin' Killadel.

Hi'ya ... my 3/15 trip report.

After a whopping 3 hours of sleep after being out in West Chester for the night, I woke up at 5:45am to drive up to Blue. I got there at 7:20 to the lower lot and to my surprise, no PASRs. I suited up and got 1st chair down in Valley. Did my first run down Razor's Edge. It was awesome. Soft snow, yet it wasn't chopped up yet. Perfect, perfect, perfect. I proceeded to do Challenge, Main Street, and Switchback ... all in amazing conditions.

I skied those 3 trails rotating until 9am when I started my lookout for Gaper PASR's. I went to the top, no pasrs, I went to the bottom, no pasrs. Checked my blackberry to see if today was the correct day and time, and still no PASRs. Eventually at 9:20 at the top of the 6'pack I found them. I skied with the gang for a few runs, then they went back to the parking lot and I kept on skiing. I skied with a bunch of people today. Some of my ski patrol friends, some friends back from Collegiate racing, and others.

I started the day off with a hoodie, but got too warm for that ... so I switched to the vest. All in all, this is what I love spring skiing for. Warm days, soft snow, relax people (oh, and no one from PA shows up too). It's great. Left around 3pm and I'm now currently exhausted and heading back up to Sno Mountain tomorrow morning for opening.

It's depressing that next Saturday will be Blue's last day, but there are still other places to ski.

I have some pics to add also. Unfortunately I wasted my Canon SD700IS camera today so I have to break out the SD card reader later tomorrow as we are heading out AGAIN to hang with some people tonight.

Camera Tip:

When skiing gaper gear and the suit is a little tight, keep your point and shoot camera in a pocket all by its lonesome. I had it in a pocket with some Aveeno Lip crap and when I turkey tucked once (Very Gaper) I could feel everything tighten up and the lip crap totally screwed the fragile little lens this thing has. Oh well. Live and learn.

The funny part is I actually had the camera out and was filming a razors run previously for about half of the run and nothing happened. The video I wanted did not come out, though. The subject was just way way too FAST!

The still action pics did , however, come out pretty good so I'll post them tomorrow.

Today was a fun day and it's was nice meeting all of you. One of the best group fun days yet. (for me at least)

looks and sounds like everyone had a great time. sorry that i missed it, but i celebrated yesterday with gaper day eve sporting the medical scrubs, haha.

Around 11pm Friday night I decided it was time for bed, after being up for a consecutive 31 hours. I slept for 17 hours which is a personal record.

sounds also like the snow hardened up a bit for the morning crew.

Edited by funkmaztafox

Yesterday's festivities were definitely a good time. I'm glad I finally got to get out w/ a few more PASR's. I couldn't believe how lax they were with the beer thing though. I kind of thought we would have to start and finish them on the lift ride, but no one seemed to care when we cruised down and got back on the 6-pack holding the contents of a 6-pack.

Melissa only crashed because her jacket was trying to commit suicide. Poor jacket.....

....and I totally forgot Snoskier on my original TR. Great guy with a great hat and fanny pack.

R.I.P. Bob's camera

Wait, are you saying that you didn't love the vintage Nike??? That will never die. For the record, the Mondrian Nike Tracksuit has been in my family since circa 1980. It actually has matching track pants, and I've actually worn them to the gym before!