Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, apparently i'm in the minority because i had a great two past days at bear.... probably the happiest/funnest of the whole season so far.

too many people bitching, imho

couldnt agree more. today and saturday well, and friday were soooo sick. condidtions were unbeleivable during the day. i am addicted to the down flat down right now its soo perfect.

no they suck and never do anything.. there a waste of money except 1 or 2 of them.. and forum youngbloods suck i snapped 2 of them

thank you travis

maybe one day park crew should come in and just not cut lips in the morning and not do anything all day. then maybe you guys will realize how much they do.

i also really like the orange net idea it helps al ton i didnt see one noob in the pipe all day because all of them are scared to drop in.

i dont want to undermine anyone here, but on friday, it took 5 cruers 4 hours to cut up one set of jumps. and as it turned out, the set they cut was the worst of the line, the lips were so steep there was no way to make the landing, you went straight up, and it was like hitting a wall if you went to fast.

yea conditions are spectular during the day...stay far away at night tho

edit: the parks dont need changed...and we have an urban flat bar cant you handle it? besides urban downboxes are homo there is nuttin urban about a 1 foot wide peice of plastic

edit edit: + we have an urban DFD...so what are u bitchin about

Edited by Youngbloodz

there are about 5 park crew members that actually know what their doing. the rest do more damage then good, if everyone just followed the way Will gets shit done there wouldnt be a problem, except hes usually the only one working.

there are about 5 park crew members that actually know what their doing. the rest do more damage then good, if everyone just followed the way Will gets shit done there wouldnt be a problem, except hes usually the only one working.

amen to that...and certain things in the park DO need to be changed. It seems like things changed but its all the same stuff...I dunno if people know what i mean. I think we need to get even more creative with some of the things. We have the snow now so lets build some crazy stuff, put the butter box on top of the cliff and build a landing (although i do like it were it is so maybe a regular box would do), Set up the flat down the way it was at the EMS jam, with 3 different lips. How about a pole jam somewhere???? It would be a lot of work to maintain, but maybe a rhythm section somewhere would be cool. Build a side hit off the tree so we can lumberjack it again. Maybe some wooden rails would be cool, they wouldnt be that hard to make either. Why hasnt the movable wallride made an appearance yet this year???? I know alot of people love that...lets get that out and into the parks somewhere. That little quarter pipe with the bench coming out as a wall ride was a shit load of fun, maybe we could bring that back, or maybe even a quarter pipe with a high log stall on it. I dunno if anybody follows videos from bear mtn and mammoth but they have those huge round poles that are from like lift towers and stuff, i know bear has some of those laying around, how about slapping one of those on the hill with a lip up to it. Also I know we cant have the car out b/c its a subaru and BC is no longer sponsored by subara but volvo instead, but if you could find a cheap volvo and put that out on the hill to jib that would be sick to ( bear mtn does alot fo stuff with thiers). A large propane tank is another possibility, BB has one and i know alot of people LOVE that feature...I dunno these are just ideas i have brewing in my head, maybe some of them are no good maybe some of them are. Maybe i should have typed this in the park suggestions thread but i just realized that so oh well. BUUTTTT there are alot of thing i like right now as well. The DFD is really nice, so is the tire and barrel bonks. I also like the down red rail, the butter box and the corrugated tube bonk.

bear creek only has 2 true urban rails the bar in cascade and the hand rail in tubing

just because it has a 2 inch gap doesn't make it urban

(i am talking about the bottom rail flat bar rail)

The DFD and the red rail in BB are setup urban as well. Also the rail side of the big stair set is as urban as it gets.

Edited by burton71

Well first off I like the set up right now although it would be cool to see the urban rail after the mtn. lab stairs a little higher up out of the snow, and the movable wall would be nice to see again maybe at the bottom of black bear; and whoever said a propane tank I whole heartedly agree I rode the one at boulder saturday night and it was so fun bear needs one no questions asked. Also whoever is saying that black drain pipe is in a bad spot just hasn't done any 180 on 180 offs it feels good, but one thing that should be done is change up what's on top of the cliff a real rail or something else maybe even the flat down that would be pretty wild.

One thing park crew yesterday did SUCH a good job cleaning up and remaking the lips and in run to the mtn. lab stairs it was looking so good but the landing could've used some love it was rough and kinda sketchy, I think my final bit is about the jump line some one said a rhythm section how about a set of three jumps with two or three length launches for each, or maybe a channel gap?

Except every time he cuts a jump he works on it for about 3 hours and cuts it into a quarter pipe. Everyone that I know hates the way they get cut.

Except every time he cuts a jump he works on it for about 3 hours and cuts it into a quarter pipe. Everyone that I know hates the way they get cut.

im e almost every weekend morning adn will and brenden are cutting lips. will makes the sickest jump lips. no questions asked i have never not liked one of the lips he did.

damn i was just thinking we jsut threw out a big metal hot water heater here i shouldda donated it to bear it wouldda made for a sick feature

also itd be fun to see a big gap to box off the other side of the cliff...like kinda make a drop in where the double chair comes up that u can hit it somehow with just a little lip off the cliff...id really like to see one big gap on rail/box like atleast 5 feet of gap that ud pretty much never hav a noob hit it

An urban dfd is different then an urban down box you retard, go jump off the lift again...make it count. Go front board 1/4 of a flat rail and slip off the side or go do a steezy tail block and also throw some snowballs at kids because "you're the shit". And dont talk like you think i suck. I snowboard to have fun not to get hurt.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Me and my 2 friends have been taking the orange and black closed poles that are made out of bamboo( we put them back dont worry) and have been making them into pole jams for the past week and theyre the shit. We put 3 in the minipark and had them on the lips of the jumps. We also put them on top of the huge mounds of snow on the run next to the mini park on skiers right. They were some of the nicest things ive hit at bear, you get kicked up so high. And like nick said the fd set up with 3 hits was sooooo nice. Def. take out the flat red rail after the dfd in cascade. Why did they put the retarted end of the rainbow set-up so its in the front? Set the car up in where the hip is on cascade and burry it in with snow so you can jib on it going up/to the side/bonk/w.e. They have a car set up like that at HighCascade. The upflat should be dismantled and seperated because its not fun for how long it is and you cant hit the bleacher then hit the upflat. They should deff. put more rails on the right of blackbear next to the jumps. One thing i like is the end of cascade to the crossover to blackbear. The smallcase to the tire to the hip to the lunchtable to the stepdown into blackbear we go.

Edited by Diamond

An urban dfd is different then an urban down box you retard, go jump off the lift again...make it count. Go front board 1/4 of a flat rail and slip off the side or go do a steezy tail block and also throw some snowballs at kids because "you're the shit". And dont talk like you think i suck. I snowboard to have fun not to get hurt.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Me and my 2 friends have been taking the orange and black closed poles that are made out of bamboo( we put them back dont worry) and have been making them into pole jams for the past week and theyre the shit. We put 3 in the minipark and had them on the lips of the jumps. We also put them on top of the huge mounds of snow on the run next to the mini park on skiers right. They were some of the nicest things ive hit at bear, you get kicked up so high. And like nick said the fd set up with 3 hits was sooooo nice. Def. take out the flat red rail after the dfd in cascade. Why did they put the retarted end of the rainbow set-up so its in the front? Set the car up in where the hip is on cascade and burry it in with snow so you can jib on it going up/to the side/bonk/w.e. They have a car set up like that at HighCascade. The upflat should be dismantled and seperated because its not fun for how long it is and you cant hit the bleacher then hit the upflat. They should deff. put more rails on the right of blackbear next to the jumps. One thing i like is the end of cascade to the crossover to blackbear. The smallcase to the tire to the hip to the lunchtable to the stepdown into blackbear we go.

wow how much bamboo did you use? like 15 per bonk?

Yeah the bamboo works but you have to put it all the way in and then it gets knocked over half the time. All they need to do is build a mini jump and build the lip around the pole...and boom there you go, A+ pole jam...

haha are you kidding me, every jump that will cuts is $$ and hes usually done them in about 2-3 runs. i'd rather have someone take a little extra time and do something right.

where to even start here.... when snow is blown on all the rails opening the park is going to take a lot longer than on a day where the park is not buried. snowmakers calling park crew lazy is a joke as they have theluxury of snowmobiles instead of hiking up the hill at 7am every morning. on top of that they could point the guns away from our features instead of burying them on a regular basis. hand grooming a jump that has been blown on will take some serious time and shouldn't really be a one man job, but 5 is overkill unless some real shoveling is required. digging out a rail is the same,it'll take time to shovel it out, cut a lip, groom that lip, and then make sure the landing and sides are clear of chunks of snow/ice. if you personally think all that work can be done in no time flat, i'd love to see you do it. so they were chatting, it makes the workload easier to handle. digging out/shoveling snow is tiresome a short is sometimes needed. there are also other features that your group could have hit in the meantime while the rail was dug out. the dude who told a customer that their fellow coworkers were lazy and from new york is bullshit, he had no business getting into his personal opinion of them with anyone outside of park crew. also you have no need to single out anyone on a public forum, if you have an issue with an employee this is not the place to air it out. finally, don't hate on park crew we work our asses off for you, hit some other shit there's like 15+ rails out, don't use "crue" we'll bury you like the snowmakers bury rails, and i will not smypathize for you. thank you.

where to even start here.... when snow is blown on all the rails opening the park is going to take a lot longer than on a day where the park is not buried. snowmakers calling park crew lazy is a joke as they have theluxury of snowmobiles instead of hiking up the hill at 7am every morning. on top of that they could point the guns away from our features instead of burying them on a regular basis. hand grooming a jump that has been blown on will take some serious time and shouldn't really be a one man job, but 5 is overkill unless some real shoveling is required. digging out a rail is the same,it'll take time to shovel it out, cut a lip, groom that lip, and then make sure the landing and sides are clear of chunks of snow/ice. if you personally think all that work can be done in no time flat, i'd love to see you do it. so they were chatting, it makes the workload easier to handle. digging out/shoveling snow is tiresome a short is sometimes needed. there are also other features that your group could have hit in the meantime while the rail was dug out. the dude who told a customer that their fellow coworkers were lazy and from new york is bullshit, he had no business getting into his personal opinion of them with anyone outside of park crew. also you have no need to single out anyone on a public forum, if you have an issue with an employee this is not the place to air it out. finally, don't hate on park crew we work our asses off for you, hit some other shit there's like 15+ rails out, don't use "crue" we'll bury you like the snowmakers bury rails, and i will not smypathize for you. thank you.

For all of those people who care so much as to believe the hype as to who does what on park crew and Where your from having anything to do with the way you work doesn't even diserve to read this post period. This isn't a one man show usually for the most part people on park crew need to work together to accomplish some of the things that you single handedly could not do all by yourself, for who ever likes to work on something alone for the better part of a work shift should ask for a hand or find a better way of doing things. From morning noon to night it is a constant struggle to keep up with the maintanance of everysingle feature alone without having to deal with all the nay sayers and covered features in which you can thank the snow guns for that and your boys so luxuriously riding on there snowmobiles all day while park crew has to hike the entire mtn , so i think its time people give it a rest.

If something could be done differently start making suggestions quit whining over it and than expecting different results these guys bust there asses off start giving them some credit. or if you have a question it is as simple as asking. If You seek you shall find everyone else keep making it crispy morning crew rocks!

In the time it takes to post a damn complaint you could go out there and do it yourself if you dont like the way things are done . Stop being a panzy and start getting productive

Yeah but he is the one maintaining it which makes all the difference. You can just put in a box and have people jump ontop of it and land into a crater. Also you signed up for the job, dont bitch; also you should enjoy it because your in a great environment and youre doing what you love. And if you really think about it, the only reason you have that job is because of us park shredders. You do your job, we do ours. Thanks