TR: 12/11/2007

AtomicSkier

I rolled out of bed at 7:20, went and got breakfast, and was on the road by 7:50. I pulled into my parking space at teh boot at 8:20, booted up, and hit the snow. I wouldn't say the snow is my favorite kind of snow, definitely could use a nice coating of fresh or freshly blown snow. Snow was near-hero snow, and there was nobody there so the snow stayed smooth. I mostly lapped Main Street. Towards the end of my session the top got very foggy, and didn't clear up until Midway. There were actually a few PASR's in the house today, including groupies Tickle-Me-Toast, The Real KT, DanSobey, and Toast's roommate.

While I was booting up at the top of the lift, this snowboarder came up to me and said "Yo man, do you shop at Nestors?" and I said "Yes, why?" and he replied "Well my name is Dan, I work at Nestors, I'm just trying to spread the word man". It's enough that I have to talk to Doug while I ski, but to be approached by Nestors employees while I'm skiing just makes me want to :banghead

I got a quick 13 runs in, good for 10400 vertical feet, and left the parking lot at 10:45. The temperature was 32 degrees, the same as when I pulled in. It was lightly misting, but overall not a bad day. I stopped at the bottom of lazy mile to check out the snow piles on the rest of the mountain. The piles on falls are unbelievable. I have never seen snow piles that big. Hopefully they get their act together and get the 6-pack open this weekend because it's really starting to piss me off. The old Blue would've had their shit together and gotten that open for the weekend.

i thought bk lounge stopped selling the whopper? o well i'm still passless and was brakeless w/ the automobile :pissed but i'm good now new job soon out of the appledicks and on to somewhere else cant wait to get up there more, o ps dont go on the side chutes and boots on lazy they'll fuck you day or your knee up holla atcha boi peace

Was a good time. Place was deserted when i got there at around 1:45. Im happy with my new gear, kept me dry.

Although today brought back memories of last year when blue was stuck with the same trials for a month because of the warmth. But spring conditions are always fun.

torn meniscus and back in a week don't go in the same sentence unless the sentence is: "i have a torn meniscus and i will not be back in a week." if its torn... its much longer than that.. strained or even a partial tear might get you back in a week... but thats a stretch.

indeed. i'm recovering from either a partially torn or strained meniscus (they couldnt really tell me, the MRI reading said partial tear but the ortho didnt think so). i think i initially did something to it in late July riding my bike but aggravated it in october playing football. I was happy with my session at Blue on friday night, but i couldn't do the bumps or hit any of the stuff on the side of Lazy....i tried one little jump on Lazy and it definitely didn't feel good...

1 week is bullshit, but it's probably not a season ender this early in the season.

I can't wait for the 6-pack to open..Are the 5 trails Tuts lane, Shuttle, Homestretch, Challenge, and Falls??? Plus tubing is going to be so legit this year..They brought in some of the best tubing park designers from Park City..

I'd be pissed if they opened the Connector and counted that as one of the 5 trails.