Bears verticle ?

Saurus

you people are so silly all you need to do is bring a tape measure up to the mt and measure every run you took in the night... well actualy you might need more then one tape measure

that will give you the exact vertical you skied

That would get you the actual distance you skied on the trail, not the vertical.

Vert is only the y-axis of the mountain, in this case the slope being the hypotenuse if you formed a right triangle. If you measured the distance of the run, you would need to use trig to find the vertical stat.

Besides, both statistics are found on the website anyway. Depending on what part of the peak you're on it will differ a few feet from each other.

The best way to calculate vert is to count the number of times you rode each lift. Then multiply those numbers to the highest point of vert the lift the lift drops you off at.

Almost Justin. You'd have to subtract the elevation of the bottom of the lift from the elevation at the summit.

Remeber kids, a squared + b squared = c squared, where a and b are the legs (x and y) and c is the hypotenuse.

Dang, B+ work on my part.

I think math can go die even though without it we wouldn't have quadratic side cuts and no magne-traction and a lot of things in the winter sports industry but seriously this thread is everything I've spent this past week just waiting to end thanks to everyone for making me remember how terrible I'm doing in math.

why not just ask mark I'm sure he's got all that some where.