12/24 & 12/26 TR with my Blue Mountain Wishlist

Matt

Christmas Eve - strolled up around 11am, and skied mostly Lazy Mile, Paradise, and Main Street. Challenge was a mess and stayed away from it after skiing it twice. The crowds were low, which was nice. Tried to find other PASR's, but wasn't able too. My iPod died around 2pm and ruined the rest of the day for me, so I left around 2:15pm.

Today - Strolled up around noon and was hoping the rain was going to stay away. I decided to bust out my old skis to see how they compared to my new ones, but after one run I already noticed it and went back to the AC30's. The amount of "sliding" on the ice was doing was too much, it was crappy. I brought those skis to the ski-check and went out with the AC30's. The difference was incredible, those damn things gripped anything. The lines slowly grew and my displeasure for Blue Mountain grew for not opening up Comet, most of the lift attendants agreed. At around 2pm, I decided enough was enough and went in for lunch to cool off. As soon as I sat down, Comet was turned on for the '07-'08 season. As I went up on Comet, I noticed the new trail, and damn it's wide. I wish they would had it finished. It looks awesome. The lines for Challenge Lift went to nothing afterwards.

The amount of yeti's were insane. I've just about had it with people sitting and standing in the intersection of Lazy Mile, The Falls, and Sidewinder. I yelled at everyone of them. The snow was the same that it's been on the past few days. Challenge from the top to about where the trees start was slipped, then a little better. Paradise and Lazy Mile was where it's at. Main Street was also nice. I skied 'til about 3:30. I left at the perfect time, because as I was making the left onto 145 off Blue Mountain Drive, it started to rain. Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow ... I have to work, hopefully I can get out early for a night session.

Here's my wish list for Blue Mountain...

- Open up sidewinder, make it a free-skiing trail, I don't care. JUST OPEN THE DAMN THING UP.

- It's already been mentioned by Doug, but open up the Ticket Window BEFORE 7:30, around 7am would be nice.

- Fix the potholes in the parking lot.

- Start patrolling the areas that people stand around the most. It's a safety issue.

- Finish the website.

- Start making snow on Razor's and Switchback.

- More to come later...

Here's my wish list for Blue Mountain...

- Open up sidewinder, make it a free-skiing trail, I don't care. JUST OPEN THE DAMN THING UP.

- It's already been mentioned by Doug, but open up the Ticket Window BEFORE 7:30, around 7am would be nice.

- Fix the potholes in the parking lot.

- Start patrolling the areas that people stand around the most. It's a safety issue.

- Finish the website.

- Start making snow on Razor's and Switchback.

- More to come later...

not going to, and never going to happen like that. they would have to close it down just to make more snow for a few days so they can build jumps/jibs. open it when it is ready.

I haven't been to Blue this year but from all the detailed info posted I think that Camelback is in better shape in most if not all the categories. Something to think about if someone reads this and is trying to decide on paying for tickets at Blue vs. Camelback.

Its been rough for sure.

However, even though the park setup is on the smaller side, there have been some really fun days. Its just a bummer that conditions vary sooooo much.

Edited by T*Maki

I think they should open sidewinder without the park until New Years and then close it up again and blow for the week and open the park the weekend after. I haven't seen it but assuming there is enough snow, just push it out and spread the crowds out they won't have the park built by new years anyway the weather isn't there to blow enough. This is one of the busiest weeks of the year you need to spread people out or you get more injuries, worse conditions, and a lot of unhappy people.

I think they should open sidewinder without the park until New Years and then close it up again and blow for the week and open the park the weekend after. I haven't seen it but assuming there is enough snow, just push it out and spread the crowds out they won't have the park built by new years anyway the weather isn't there to blow enough. This is one of the busiest weeks of the year you need to spread people out or you get more injuries, worse conditions, and a lot of unhappy people.

They wont do it. Suppose they groom and pack down sidewinder now, then we get another warm front after New Years. They wont be able to blow then, not to mention the current snow on there would have taken a turn for the worst with the mass crowds and warm weather. Right now there is enough snow to start building features I think, it just needs to be moved around. But since they only have one chance to build the park right they want to eliminate all chances of failure.