Anyone trying to do Tucks this year?

Glenn

I'm planning to hit tuckermans late april/early may depending on the snowpack and coverage. Anyone else interested? I've got 1 probable partner and another unlikely partner. The more the merrier though. I'm aiming for cheap and at least 2 days riding, which means camping on the mountain.

It's a bit far away, I know, but just trying to see if there is interest.

Edited by Glenn

keep me posted, nips and I would be up for that trip, camping and all.

Yeah that would be cool. I can only assume you already know this but just in case...

It's a healthy hike to the lean-to and you will need to carry everything you need including cold weather bag, stove, food(there is a water source), dry clothing etc. I'm told it's good form to bring beer for the caretaker.

Yeah that would be cool. I can only assume you already know this but just in case...

It's a healthy hike to the lean-to and you will need to carry everything you need including cold weather bag, stove, food(there is a water source), dry clothing etc. I'm told it's good form to bring beer for the caretaker.

If little skidude could do it, anyone can. Even skimom did it with him :wiggle

Rob will just drive his hummer to the base

I am not an experienced hiker but yeah.. I got your point. Really though we take so much time off during the winter that while it might not be possible to take more time off to do this, It is still on the list to do. Nips roomate in JH has doen Tucks 6 times, so lets see what stories he comes back with.

I am not an experienced hiker but yeah.. I got your point.

Not sure if really had a point. I have a friend who is a very experienced backpacker who did tucks much earlier in the season for his first time. He is in outstanding shape and said it was the hardest thing he ever did. Then there are the folks on time for tucks with beer bellies who go when I'm planning and say it's a healthy hike, but nothing to get worried about.

I've done it twice. It's a fun thing to do but the skiing/riding is nothing spectacular. But its the whole experience. I wouldn't bother with doing it again but it was fun when I was younger.

Nothing spectacular ? where else do you find 40 degree shit with a 1000 vert to ski in May.

We will be there in late April early May there are five in our group and we will have plenty of beer stop by if you around and share a brew it gets boring as hell at night.

This sounds sick, as more plans develop I might join. I'm a backpacker in the summer and don't think it would be that much a problem... keep updating your plans as they are made.

The hike isn't that hard, just try to remember to stay as light as possible. It is 2.2 miles but straight uphill, if you don't plan to ski the same day you hike up you got like 8 hours so I think anyone can do it.