Tuesday Nite Fever

Park Crue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
tuesday night fever for 2/12 the final has be cancelled until next tues 2/19 due to reshaping of the park thanks park crue

anything you can say about the park? what is going on in there? i havent been up in a while to check things out. i hope some stuff gets moved around just to make it a little different.

anything you can say about the park? what is going on in there? i havent been up in a while to check things out. i hope some stuff gets moved around just to make it a little different.

This past weekend the park was in HORRIBLE condition.

Last Thursday they cut the jumps in half, rebuilt the lips with only one takeoff (same size as the left side line before). They also knocked down the hip and replaced it with a roller. The rails shrinked a decent amount, with the first two being basically ride-on. They flipped around that rolly box dealy, and replaced the flat box-drop-flat box with a single flat box. Jumps had potential to be money...but the landings were just real real bombed out and super worked from the crap weather. Hopefully with the cold front they can blow like crazy and fix the park.

I actually prefer the new in-run than the way it was before. I would always have speed issues for the left, but now with that nice roller to pump on, I can get my speed dialed perfect. Coming from the hip most of my speed is killed making that sharp turn into the jump. Also the bigger size of the first two hits seemed to deter people from them, and since they were longer, the pit of death formed on the flat section as opposed to the landing.

I'm feeling the box line up top as well. Since you guys took out that stupid death drop box setup, you can hit all boxes in a line or all rails in a line. You either have the long flat box-flat box-flat down, or the flat rail-long bar-single barrel. The only changes I'd like to see would be setting up the double barrel, and adding some rails to that long stretch of nothing after the last jump. Also if you could reshape the jumps to be more of a step up that will "scare" the general public from hitting them making it better for the people who actually use them properly.

This past weekend the park was in HORRIBLE condition.

Last Thursday they cut the jumps in half, rebuilt the lips with only one takeoff (same size as the left side line before). They also knocked down the hip and replaced it with a roller. The rails shrinked a decent amount, with the first two being basically ride-on. They flipped around that rolly box dealy, and replaced the flat box-drop-flat box with a single flat box. Jumps had potential to be money...but the landings were just real real bombed out and super worked from the crap weather. Hopefully with the cold front they can blow like crazy and fix the park.

I actually prefer the new in-run than the way it was before. I would always have speed issues for the left, but now with that nice roller to pump on, I can get my speed dialed perfect. Coming from the hip most of my speed is killed making that sharp turn into the jump. Also the bigger size of the first two hits seemed to deter people from them, and since they were longer, the pit of death formed on the flat section as opposed to the landing.

I'm feeling the box line up top as well. Since you guys took out that stupid death drop box setup, you can hit all boxes in a line or all rails in a line. You either have the long flat box-flat box-flat down, or the flat rail-long bar-single barrel. The only changes I'd like to see would be setting up the double barrel, and adding some rails to that long stretch of nothing after the last jump. Also if you could reshape the jumps to be more of a step up that will "scare" the general public from hitting them making it better for the people who actually use them properly.

That was a very well thought out, and logical assessment. That's what we are thinking too !

We are gunna try and put the 40' double barrell in between the steps and the last jump. There's nuff room there to slow down. And then a small down box after the stairs. And I do agree. Wax is the shizzz ! Try Purl wax. its the best, and its environmentally safe [no fluorocarbons], and it lasts for ever.

Ease up dawg! He rides Invaders so I feel his pain with the speed issue, cuz they probably have the worst speed issues of any ski I've ridden due to the extra hard base material they use.

Furthermore, the park was phenomenal this weekend. It was amazing to me that those jumps and lips still existed on that beach. Usually my sand structures fall over at the slightest touch...

Pray for cold and snow, we need it...

^^^^^^i am sorry to say this but you are a TOOL

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. I was just stating my opinion.

I prefer the roller than the hip. If the hip is coming back...then it should be widened so you have the steep drop in for both the left and right side. So I guess I'm a tool because I can't get enough speed? I'm riding Invaders with easily 30+ days on them. I wax once if not twice a week. My skis are slow...I won't be buying them again next year. I'm only skiing them now because I can't afford a whole new setup and I only skied 7 days on them last year. With the hip, I skated like crazy and sat on my tails just to barely clear the first jump on the left side. I know that myself and others will agree that the sharp turn into the jump line kills speed. In fact, I was talking about this with Justin and Kevin on Sunday. With the roller, I feel a lot more comfortable because you can pump it going into the turn and come out facing the jumps as opposed to just making a straight up turn. I'd rather speed check and possibly land a bit low than straight-run and knuckle.

And by placing rails in that strip of nothing after the last hit...I didn't mean immediately after the jump. Maybe place a rail between the octo-cone and one or two towards the left before the staircase. That's a giant stretch of wasted trail, and not everybody hits the last jump. Even if you did, there is way enough space to stop or slow down before coming into the rail section.

Dude it's called opinion. Everybody's are different. I don't see how that makes me a tool because we have two different ideas. I always thought you were a cool guy even though we never really talked much, but damn...

bring back the hip. you could stand up there and see your whole line, who was on what jump, who fell where, etc.. a roller isnt going to cut it. i would much rather stand up and nice hip and drop in after seeing my line than come ripping around a corner just to have enough speed and then not know what is ahead of me...

bring back the hip. you could stand up there and see your whole line, who was on what jump, who fell where, etc.. a roller isnt going to cut it. i would much rather stand up and nice hip and drop in after seeing my line than come ripping around a corner just to have enough speed and then not know what is ahead of me...

Good point. I almost seen a few collisions with the roller. Then again the few times I actually hit the jumps this past weekend I was dropping from the bottom'ish of the DFD box and could still see my line pretty clearly. But with the hip, you could see way farther down to the 4th jump pretty much.

Like I said, I'm definitely not against the hip. I just would like to have the steep drop for the left side just like it is for the right.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. I was just stating my opinion.

I prefer the roller than the hip. If the hip is coming back...then it should be widened so you have the steep drop in for both the left and right side. So I guess I'm a tool because I can't get enough speed? I'm riding Invaders with easily 30+ days on them. I wax once if not twice a week. My skis are slow...I won't be buying them again next year. I'm only skiing them now because I can't afford a whole new setup and I only skied 7 days on them last year. With the hip, I skated like crazy and sat on my tails just to barely clear the first jump on the left side. I know that myself and others will agree that the sharp turn into the jump line kills speed. In fact, I was talking about this with Justin and Kevin on Sunday. With the roller, I feel a lot more comfortable because you can pump it going into the turn and come out facing the jumps as opposed to just making a straight up turn. I'd rather speed check and possibly land a bit low than straight-run and knuckle.

And by placing rails in that strip of nothing after the last hit...I didn't mean immediately after the jump. Maybe place a rail between the octo-cone and one or two towards the left before the staircase. That's a giant stretch of wasted trail, and not everybody hits the last jump. Even if you did, there is way enough space to stop or slow down before coming into the rail section.

Dude it's called opinion. Everybody's are different. I don't see how that makes me a tool because we have two different ideas. I always thought you were a cool guy even though we never really talked much, but damn...

dont get all bent out of shape with korey, he just likes to e-hate. he's a nice guy. the hip really should stay, just make it not a hip, but a mound, and a lot higher, so people like justin with ghetto skis can still get speed. plus, having it be taller would give you a better view of the jump line as well.

Wait so are Justins skis specifically slower than most???

Yes. I can't believe how slow Invaders are. Line uses a base on the invaders that is very hard for durability because it is a ski that is just made to be beat up, but since they do this they don't hold wax that well at all. The ski is made for urban sessions and hitting rails a ton, not for all mountain skiing and running jump lines. I've enjoyed skiing them this year, but can't say I'd ski them again because they just don't fit with how I like to ski most of the time. I'll probably try out the Line Chronics next year for my park ski...

We are gunna try and put the 40' double barrell in between the steps and the last jump. There's nuff room there to slow down. And then a small down box after the stairs. And I do agree. Wax is the shizzz ! Try Purl wax. its the best, and its environmentally safe [no fluorocarbons], and it lasts for ever.

the park looks pretty good. i didnt get to ski it this morning after it opened because i left right before it did around 10:45ish. it looked good from the lift, some lips need a little work, but overall it looked like it had some great snow in it. i'm excited to lap it tomorrow afternoon.

super stoked for the finals on tuesday. i've had a lot of fun at the fever this year...hopefully the snow holds w/ this rain and the landings shape up a bit.

Glad you enjoyed it so far. It's gunna be :

1 Hand Rail/ Flat down

2 DFD's

3 The whole Jump Line before the Wall.

Good luck to evey one.

Glad you enjoyed it so far. It's gunna be :

1 Hand Rail/ Flat down

2 DFD's

3 The whole Jump Line before the Wall.

Good luck to evey one.

you guys gonna fix up that jump line at all? it was all sorts of inconsistant over the weekend, i'm sure mostly due to the amount of traffic in the park. but that 4th hit had no kick to it at all on sunday.