Beer in the valley!

trimreaper

blue is stupid. with all the idiots out there who can't ride properly already, we need to be selling $4 (massively overpriced) beer so they can impair their judgment and suck at riding even more causing even more harm to themselves and other riders. i dont really care if they start selling beers in a cart but knowing there will be intoxicated beginner riders on the slopes doesn't exactly make me feel safe.

blue is stupid. with all the idiots out there who can't ride properly already, we need to be selling $4 (massively overpriced) beer so they can impair their judgment and suck at riding even more causing even more harm to themselves and other riders. i dont really care if they start selling beers in a cart but knowing there will be intoxicated beginner riders on the slopes doesn't exactly make me feel safe.

:confused

Beer, alcohol for that matter, is just as big a part of skiing and snowboarding as snow. Maybe you don't know it yet, but you will if you stay addicted to snowsports.

I've noticed that over the last few years, but honestly it never appealed to me. I like to have my fair share of the drink every now and then, but I could really care less about it when I'm around the snow. I just never saw the appeal of drinking on a ski trip or at a mountain. Why would I want to drink the night before when I know I won't want to wake up? Why would I waste time during the day at the bar when I could be shredding the hill? I know most of us on the board have forgotten over the years because its second nature, but skiing/snowboarding is actually something thats pretty hard to do. :P The last thing I want to do is to impair my judgment when I'm on a mountain. Can you imagine charging through an awesome steep tree run and not being on top of your game?

IMO Alcohol and snowboarding are two of the greatest things ever invented, they actually pass out fire and the wheel in my book. But I think both of them together is just a classic case of too much of a good thing.

I never got what was cool about drinking while skiing or boarding. I think it's the best thing to do when done for the day. Before I was a day tripper we would hit an early happy hour on the way back to the house. Then go home, shower up and keep drinking during an early dinner and still get to bed early enough to feel good the next morning. Beer carts or wagons are great and should be everywhere. $4 for a beer at or near an attraction is a good price.