Big Boulder Park on the Home Page of NS

Papasteeze

There are a lot comments starting to appear in Rave fashion from people who have recently visited Boulder Park. I think it is so awesome that we have a park of this quality this close to home and even more awesome to see them getting the exposure they deserve with thier parks.

http://newschoolers.com/web/content/viewcu...id/895/id/3429/

Boulder is real sick, without a doubt. But I honestly don't think it dominates over everything else. The jump line is probably the only thing they have that's worth it there (just barely, once Blue gets theirs dialed in thats 5 jumps in a line compared to 3), Freedom, LOVE, and The Plaza seriously aren't THAT great. Blue is just as good, and I can have just as much fun riding it with the high speed lifts and mile+ park run. I don't feel like traversing all flat sections to get to jumps from jibs, then take the three hit run to a slow lift back up.

This is probably going to turn into a 6 page Boulder vs. Blue thread. So let me just save all the typing with this simple list:

Boulder Pros: Sick hits, circle coping jibs, big jump line, wide lips, media exposure. Basically an all park mountain.

Boulder Cons: Short runs, slow lifts, too flat, no easy access from Freedom to Boulder, shitty lot.

Blue Pros: Long runs, 2 high speed lifts, 5 jump line, top to bottom park run (Sidewinder to LS to Lower Terrain), 2 lodges, no holes in parking lot, weekly events (Sunday School), freeride program.

Blue Cons: Gapers in the park, more crowds overall, circus jibs, last hit is kinda crappy.

All in all ski wherever the fuck you want. At the end of the day we should all be happy, because skiing should make you happy.

Boulder Pros: Sick hits, circle coping jibs, big jump line, wide lips, media exposure, good vibe, sick park lodge, creative and fun setups in the plaza, great park crew, weekly events (friday night in the plaza) with big prizes (snowmobile), great snowmaking, quick openings (all parks have been open for about a month, sidewinder just opened this week).

Boulder Cons: Short runs, slow lifts, too flat, no easy access from Freedom to Boulder, shitty lot, annoying season pass policy, some gapers on weekends.

Blue Pros: Long runs, 2 high speed lifts, 5 jump line, top to bottom park run (Sidewinder to LS to Lower Terrain), 2 lodges, no holes in parking lot, weekly events (Sunday School), freeride program.

Blue Cons: Gapers in the park, more crowds overall, circus jibs, last hit is kinda crappy, shitty lips, bad setups, holes in landings, very crowded some days, lodges are lacking

Added a couple things.

Edited by tricgnu

Added a couple things.

Freedom gets just as fucked up as Blue does. Landings get dug out super quick with even a small amount of skier traffic and warm enough weather.....

Boulder may be sick, and their lips are way poppier and better, but it's still not invincible.

Freedom gets just as fucked up as Blue does. Landings get dug out super quick with even a small amount of skier traffic and warm enough weather.....

Boulder may be sick, and their lips are way poppier and better, but it's still not invincible.

That is true, no one is invincible, but I have been to Blue and Boulder on crowded weekends and if I had to put money on whose lips were better I would have to go with Boulder. It might just be the amount of gapers at Blue riding off the lips as if they were jumps.

That is true, no one is invincible, but I have been to Blue and Boulder on crowded weekends and if I had to put money on whose lips were better I would have to go with Boulder. It might just be the amount of gapers at Blue riding off the lips as if they were jumps.

Definitely. Boulder's lips are nice and wide and are built with a transition. Blue finally made their lips wider, but they're just a wedge, no transition. I don't do too much spinning onto rails but I can imagine it being easier on Boulder's lips.

Their is a reason for the Big Boulder forum...

Yeah except I thought that since a hill in our region was making news on a national front... it is was more about parks in our region than it was about big boulder itself - whatever - mods can move it if they want.

sort of like you licking blues ass?

Rob, is it that you hate on all the cool kids on this MB and pal up with all the loner trolls? Where else have I seen this, where a grown man spends an inordinate amount of time with outcast boys? Hmmmm...I need to give this some thought....

Thats soooo dope. Hopefully they use it and update it regularly. It can only do good things for the ski scene up there. I'm assuming you pushed for this pretty hard Rob? Are you taking care of updates???

they were going to do updates last season but it got too late. There was no pushing on my part. It's Ians or JB's responsibility to keep things updated, I helped from a posting aspect. Ian is very busy and I know he struggled with writing something several weeks ago. SeanyJ and Nips finished the first report. The reports written by the team members probably read better anyhow. I am sure they would appreciate any comments or suggestions for future updates, so make an edit or shoot some pics and submit them!

they were going to do updates last season but it got too late. There was no pushing on my part. It's Ians or JB's responsibility to keep things updated, I helped from a posting aspect. Ian is very busy and I know he struggled with writing something several weeks ago. SeanyJ and Nips finished the first report. The reports written by the team members probably read better anyhow. I am sure they would appreciate any comments or suggestions for future updates, so make an edit or shoot some pics and submit them!

Ahhhh right on. Ya I think it would be cool if members of the team continued to make updates, but every now and then its nice to have the guy in charge add some input.