What Could Sno Do DIFFERENT To Make It A Better Ski Area?

trackbiker

Move to the continental divide and add 3000 feet of vert of steeps, cliffs and pillow lines.

If I was in PA I'd be super stoked to be at an empty mountain with good snow. I don't know how the park is this year but I had alot of fun in their last year. I certainly don't kill it, but it had well setup features in a variety of difficulty levels, a handful of decent jumps, and a pretty sweet looking pipe. I guess if they could put a hooters in the lodge that would make things a litte nicer.

ski?

You're asking me? I think Glenn summoned it up pretty good...and we do have a version of Hooters; they're called Yuengling Girls, I guess. But I try not to notice those things. We have the best snow in PA and empty slopes. Sno has a great collection of steep, medium length (for PA) headwalls that are as much fun as anything in PA. They need to finish switching out the lighting, but the light on the race course is really the only one that's critical to me.

IMO, they've done enough. Keep the NF in this kind of condition every year and they'll have a loyal following of the more family oriented, but somewhat hardcore skiers and riders.

As to the park, I think Sno should just ask it's park crew what they want for rails and hits. Who knows, maybe that's what they do. But just build whatever the hell they want and screw the Beavis & Butthead MB trolls. When I help set a race course, the guy with the drill is always asking me "How's the flow look?" And I always tell him to just set the freaking course however he wants---we'll deal with having to make the turns.

Sorry, track, I don't have anything new for ya.

1. I'd love to see a few more top to bottom trails off the long haul lift. I know I've seen a drawing with proposed trails in that area, but I can't remember where.

2. I'd also like to see a HS quad replace the long haul lift.

3. I'd also like to see them thin the trees off both sides of white lightening. Those would be some fun glades.

But, other than more top to bottom terrain there isn't much that either the mountain doesn't have or is already planned.

Edited by snoskier

I've never seen Yuengling girls, but I ended up knowing one of the Miller Lite Girls last weekend at the Saloon. It was a fun night and I got pretty well hammered for free off of them.

the only problem with this is getting hammered off of miller lite. haha. but hey, free beer is free beer and thats the way it should be.

uhm... I'mma say the high speed lifts is probally your best bet, another thing i don't see in the park (right now) is beginner RAILS. their's boxes i can do upsidedown in the park, but i cant really do the rail they have set up because its so damn long and high lmao (for a beginner in the park like myself)

Hm... I also think that you should do SOMETHING with that big empty space between the pipe and the kids playground thingey that is roped off... throw a few rails down their for sessioning? just a idea?

All i do have to say, is that i went skiing last night, and I HAVE TO HAND IT TO EVERY LIFT GUY... they ALL caught ever lift chair, including the single guy on mainline... Really easy smooth getting on.. (not that i had a problem ever getting on before, but its just nice for beginners and just to have quality lift attendents)

All i do have to say, is that i went skiing last night, and I HAVE TO HAND IT TO EVERY LIFT GUY... they ALL caught ever lift chair, including the single guy on mainline... Really easy smooth getting on.. (not that i had a problem ever getting on before, but its just nice for beginners and just to have quality lift attendents)

is this a problem at mountains? i have never had a liftie forget to catch a chair before it came to me at Blue. isnt that their only job? they should be able to do it, and if they cant, get them the heck out of there.

is this a problem at mountains? i have never had a liftie forget to catch a chair before it came to me at Blue. isnt that their only job? they should be able to do it, and if they cant, get them the heck out of there.

It's a problem you might notice when you ski with a little kid and you have to help them up onto the chair. We had a problem on the Meadows lift last year at CB...that chair bangs you hard if it's not caught. I've had lifties take the night off at the lifts that run over Raceway and the one over Main St. at Blue. No big deal because I wasn't with Ty, but I notice it because I've had years and years of skiing with a kid.

Why is everyone hating on Miller Lite? It's my all-time favorite cheap light beer! I even got a keg of it for my 25th birthday!

"Miller Lite! 1/3 Less Calories than regular beer!" One the best marketing campaigns of all time. Most people interpret it as "1/3 OF the calories of regular beer."

I'd rather have 2 good beers than 3 bad ones if I was counting calories. GSS pointed out a few good ones.

Back to the topic; Lighting, lighting, lighting! I don't spend much time in the lodge, don't care about the park (other than I take a jump now and then, and enjoy watching others doing tricks from the lift.) Other than if I met up with some other pasr's, I do my apres ski on the way home at a place with better food, beer, and prices. When I'm at the mountain, I'm skiing.

Edited by trackbiker

i was skiing on thursday of last week and the liftie at pheobe snow didn't even bother to get out of the shack.

and really the website is awful. maybe they are just trying to be different...but that's deff not the way to do it.

Edited by g15