CO Update

Glenn

I've had a string of minor injuries in the past few weeks. Nothing has kept me off my board for more than a day, but to say I was going 100% on a regular basis in the past few weeks would be a lie. Right now, I'm working my way through some back pain. I got today, but not for long. It was still good, since I didn't ride yesterday.

Anyways, this is still a pretty cool place to take it easy. The people are super friendly, the views are gorgeous, and every couple of days we have some half decent snow.

Before I get into some other stuff, I promised Nick I would get pictures of the cirque up. Well, I was lazy and didn't edit a long sequence together. Instead here is 1 pic of Nick in the Vasquez Cirque.

WinterPark08-03-15020.jpg

Right about time it started to get warm I started riding more park, and getting hurt more often. It's not so bad, because we had wonderful temps and about a week straight of blue bird skies with some impressive sunsets. I didn't want to miss the sunsets by grabbing a camera, but here is some blue bird. This sky was the most stunning shade of blue I've ever seen.

WinterPark08-03-27001.jpg

Instead of lapping the park and getting hurt, or heading towards the cliffs and bumps on Mary Jane, I decided to take a day alone relaxing, and striaght lining groomers at Steamboat. Steamboat has far better and far more groomers than Winter Park. Not usally what I'm after, but in this case I was. I brought my camera, and took a lot of photos that day. Here is my first attempt at stitching together a panorama style shot. It sucks, and I will do much better the next time I try one. Anyways, you can still get an idea of what is going on. This is a 180 degree view spread out. Sorry you have to click, but photobucket doesn't like this image size.

post-60-1207115232_thumb.jpg

Aside from beatering my way down the mountain, and just generally not getting after it, I've done my best to keep up with some friends and play photog whenever possible. Here is dave dropping a cliff on some steep terrain right next to the lift (out of frame obviously).

WinterPark08-04-01001.jpg

Tonight is my night off, and I took it easy. Went outside and watched the mountains on the deck until the sun went down. There have been better nights, but it still made me smile. Hope you all had a pleasant evening as well, in spite of whatever minor setbacks you have come across lately.

WinterPark08-04-01003.jpg

You're right about that blue sky being a gorgeous shade of blue.

Hope you feel better. It was close to 70 degrees here yesterday and we had a line of severe thunderstorms blow through last night.

(loved the shot of Dave going off the cliff.....sigh.....would love to ski something like that)

Was that panorama from Steamboat taken from the top of Morningside Peak coming down skiers left of the chutes?

Very much so. Good eye.

Did you get any clear moonlit nights? Those are really cool. Almost enough light to hike up for a night session.

There are some great views I'd like to get night pictures of. Without a tripod though, I don't think it will turn out.

I request pics of the park. Sick other pics though.

I really need to get off this coast.

I'll do my best. Maybe while I'm healing I'll tag along through the bigger park and get some pictures of a few friends.

awesome pics as always bro. thanks for finally posting that shot of my on the cirque. it really shows how big it is. hope you heal up for gaper weekend next weekend!

I'll be ready. Not sure how hard I'm going to be riding, but I should be able to make it all day (I hope).

Temps have been high, so untouched isn't really 30" deep. Anyways took some pics earlier in the week... http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11664

Took a few more today, but a friend got hurt pretty bad, and I don't really feel like reveling in the glory of today. Hope you understand.