TV show at blue to air on TruTV

Rob

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father and I were laughing so hard when they asked the girl how long she had been snowboarding on her first day. When she said 10 minutes, I think we laughed for about 10 minutes. That sucks breaking both wrists though. Your going to need someone to wipe your ass :lol:

"I was born to go fast" Thats f"n funny stuff.

I guess when you come all the way from Philly to ski the double blacks FAST and one is closed you just freak. You could tell he was a pro too... wrist straps were in full effect and he was sporting the latest technology in ski jackets. He did Blue proud fo sho.

That sucks breaking both wrists though. Your going to need someone to wipe your ass :lol:

That's why I got married... to ensure that someone is legally required to be around for just that reason.

my cynicism not really showing through on that post. More so meant to ski up with you folks.

It helps to use the "smileys" but they're gay so there you go.

It helps to use the "smileys" but they're gay so there you go.

yeah...cheap red wine and lazy fingers... ;)

That's why I got married... to ensure that someone is legally required to be around for just that reason.

that's funny. I had to push my wife around Disney in a wheelchair this summer when she broke her foot for the same damn reason.

Edited by RootDKJ

Patrol should write a disturbing the peace ticket for the old school skiers that geek through the park. They don't jib, don't jump, just ski around and stop on the landings. Then they go 100 ft and stop again, this time they stand in the approach of the parks best rail and say "remember when the only thing on the slope was snow and skiers". This is not only rude, it's dangerous! Just as dangerous as rippin through the slow zone!

I'd love to see an old schooler get a parkin ticket for hangin out on the landing!!! One of the rules is "NO STOPPIN WHERE YOU ARE NOT VISIBLE" right? Next time someone parks it in a blind spot....call the s3police!!

BOOK EM DANO!!!!!!!!!!!

So skidogdiggitydog said, and the 'real deal steel greelled spam and cheese' agreed on the below: (and I'll have you know I'm too old, too drunk, too don't give a shit, to actually try to quote that and put it in my message.)

Anyway - this is what they say: "They don't jib, don't jump, just ski around and stop on the landings. Then they go 100 ft and stop again, this time they stand in the approach of the parks best rail and say "remember when the only thing on the slope was snow and skiers".

Remember when the only thing on the mountain was snow and skiers? And there were no asshole punks like you? You wouldn't remember those days, would you? It was when we were blasting those mountains, carving the hills, creating the manmade snow machines so you and your family could enjoy what was once considered undevelopable countryside.

So take a break next time you see an old-timer looking back up hill, and ask him what it was like when he was your age, when there really was nothing but skiers and snow. If he doesn't punch you in the mouth, I'm sure you'll get a great story or two.

So skidogdiggitydog said, and the 'real deal steel greelled spam and cheese' agreed on the below: (and I'll have you know I'm too old, too drunk, too don't give a shit, to actually try to quote that and put it in my message.)

Anyway - this is what they say: "They don't jib, don't jump, just ski around and stop on the landings. Then they go 100 ft and stop again, this time they stand in the approach of the parks best rail and say "remember when the only thing on the slope was snow and skiers".

Remember when the only thing on the mountain was snow and skiers? And there were no asshole punks like you? You wouldn't remember those days, would you? It was when we were blasting those mountains, carving the hills, creating the manmade snow machines so you and your family could enjoy what was once considered undevelopable countryside.

So take a break next time you see an old-timer looking back up hill, and ask him what it was like when he was your age, when there really was nothing but skiers and snow. If he doesn't punch you in the mouth, I'm sure you'll get a great story or two.

are you done yet?

You, sir, are an idiot, and personify all that is wrong with old time skier thinking. It's gonna be 2009 soon. Get a cell phone, call somebody, ask them to use their navigation so you can find a clue.

Back on topic...do you guys have more respect for ski patrollers after seeing the program? You have to give them props for spending long hours being traded on first aid and rescue skills along with long hours sitting in the patrol shack when they could be skiing for fun. Patrollers are not doing for the free pass...it's because they want to help people along with the commaradarie..

i make my judgements on a case by case basis. the ones that are genuinely out there to help and make the mountain a better place, i'm all for that. the ones who are out there on powertrips writing tickets for skiing too fast on blues or blacks and giving kids crap in the park when there are people who are clueless as to what a park is, yet they somehow found the landing to a 40 foot jump to sit down on, i'm not much a fan of.

Back on topic...do you guys have more respect for ski patrollers after seeing the program? You have to give them props for spending long hours being traded on first aid and rescue skills along with long hours sitting in the patrol shack when they could be skiing for fun. Patrollers are not doing for the free pass...it's because they want to help people along with the commaradarie..

I've always given them a decent amount of respect. Perhaps to an extent, that's a flaw of mine, because I'll generally give respect or trust upfront until it's violated. I've really never had a problem with them. I've been whistled at more time than I'd like to admit to for speeding on Paradise, but never on any other trail. I've always slowed down and never ever needed to be chased down.

I've now seen some of the ugly side of skiing. It hugely reminds me of my emt days.

Go ahead tough guy....punch me in the mouth. It might just get your sorry ass on the show all beat up. Lapp that up old timer.

And for the record I was skiing before blue opened up (1976 I think as little gap). Remember the tree on shicola chute?

I ripped past you then, and I'll beat you down now....so stay out of the park lapped....before you get slapped!

Edited by skipdogged

G-unit on the slope, Jibbin it up dope!

Take it easy steezy, It's your rhymes that are cheezy!

I do more slappin than rappin wit bitches like lappin'

You want some too? I'll make it happin like a double steezy & lappin bitch slappin while I'm rappin!

skip doggey dog....O' is he crazy.....Dropin in switch....ridin down lazy-

Edited by skipdogged