red light for blue going green?

mbike-ski

gotta love environmentalists....protesting a clean energy source. what a fucking joke. reminds me of the assholes who protest nuclear power

anyone else notice the raptors? if there are raptors near blue i sure as hell would be scared to go there lol

environmentalists put the environment first, and animals are part of the environment. you kill off a species and everything gets messed up in the chain. it is no surprise they are protesting it. it is the reason wind power is struggling to take shape in many areas across the country.

and just and fyi, raptor is just an umbrella term that means birds of prey. ie: hawks, and i've seen plenty of them up there.

I just find it funny that they are making an effort to produce clean energy, which will help the environment and the raptors, but then they get shot down saying how it will not help the raptors. I guess it's a catch 22.

how will it help them if they die flying into a turbine blade?

how will it help them if they die flying into a turbine blade?

Well that's what I'm saying is the catch 22. If they produce clean energy then they are limiting the carbon emissions (I'm not really sure what term is correct) from the power they'd get from the power company, which would help the raptors and environment. But if they make clean energy, then they risk injuring the raptors that fly into their turbines.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/04/common_misconce.php

A clever rouse to avoid the eyesore that is a wind turbine; or simple mislead people.

May want to check your link, I get an error page.

Cheapskate Barbara Green needs to bring back daily late afternoon grooming and get snowmaking and lights on the upper part of the new trail..

i'd hardly call her a cheapskate. sure, she might need some new ski gear, but from what i've heard, they're putting a crap ton of money into the place. if done right, a wind farm might actually make blue money. sure, they may still need to get some power from ppl or whoever controls that side of the mountain during the winter, but during the offseason, the turbines would be pumping power back into the grid, most likely offsetting the excess they use during the winter or possibly even bringing in a nice check. i think it's one of the smarter ideas they've had up there if they can get it to go through. there's a wind farm in AC and you don't see a ton of dead seagulls all around it.

i'd hardly call her a cheapskate. sure, she might need some new ski gear, but from what i've heard, they're putting a crap ton of money into the place. if done right, a wind farm might actually make blue money. sure, they may still need to get some power from ppl or whoever controls that side of the mountain during the winter, but during the offseason, the turbines would be pumping power back into the grid, most likely offsetting the excess they use during the winter or possibly even bringing in a nice check. i think it's one of the smarter ideas they've had up there if they can get it to go through. there's a wind farm in AC and you don't see a ton of dead seagulls all around it.

Send a bunch of people with picnic lunches up there, and I bet that would change, haha.

Here's an update to it:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/all...0,6273113.story

Looks like they got the go ahead from the township.

well, they got the go ahead to put up a test tower to see if having a turbine would work in that area. its a step in the right direction for sure. if you read the article, barb actually talks about her incentive for putting up the turbine would be to keep costs down, making skiing more affordable to more people. whether it's a pr gimmick or not, it sounds like blue is really taking a turn in a good direction.

well, they got the go ahead to put up a test tower to see if having a turbine would work in that area. its a step in the right direction for sure. if you read the article, barb actually talks about her incentive for putting up the turbine would be to keep costs down, making skiing more affordable to more people. whether it's a pr gimmick or not, it sounds like blue is really taking a turn in a good direction.

Ya, this move isnt so much about going green, it's about blue mt saving money in the long run. going green is just a perk that comes with the deal, and they can use it to promote this wind turbine. However, i'm sure installing a wind turbine would be nowhere near the top of their list of things to do if it didnt have significant financial benefits in the future.

yeah i have said something about putting a turbine up there years ago before all of this 'going green' stuff came about. its good that they are finally doing something, though.

i thought i heard that wind turbines were loud, maybe im wrong i dunno im just wondering

Well I don't know about loud, but they apparently make some kind of noise that increases the risk for suicide from people living nearby. I don't know if there is any truth to this or not though, it's just what I heard.