ambassador pass

skibunny

I am a school club leader and was extremely upset to find out - only at the dinner last week- that Blue Mountain is doing away with the ambassador pass for advisors. This will create many problems for my group. Blue Mountain should have told us last year they were getting rid of this pass. I start getting my group together the first day of school and really count on that pass. It is the only compensation that we receive for all of our hard work as leaders. It is not an easy job to keep track of and chaperone many children on Blue Mountain. I thought this was very classless of Blue Mountain to pull the rug out from under us with no warning. A 10 time pass is of no comparison to the ambassador and I am insulted that Blue Mountain thinks it is! Is the mountain trying to save money or discourage groups from coming? I usuallyl have many volunteers to help with the club and now, without the ambassador pass, I hardly have any. This will make my job much harder. What a rotten move on Blue Mountain's part. Ray would never have done this to us.

It is standard for the group leaders to get a comp pass. Hell all the kids in my ski club used to get unlimited season passes for an extra $50 on top of the normal price at Mountain Creek. I also know that shop employees can pick up season passes in the $100 range at most mountains so this really smacks of cheap. Nickel and dime the twice a winter skiers, hook up the guys who promote your mountain.

My answer - tell them you will go somewhere else next year instead. And do it, Camelback will be happy to have your business I'm sure.

this isnt entirely the whole story. it affects my family as well, not me so much, but there are definitely still benefits to the group leaders for ski clubs. it's not like they just completely did away with the hookups and said ok, you only get 10 punch cards now. i'm not quite sure i understand your situation though, how exactly did an ambassador card help on a ski club night any more than a 10 punch card would? in fact, at any given time, the ambassador card was good for one person, whereas the 10 punch cards could be used for 10 tickets at the same time if you really wanted to, probably making it easier to hook up chaperons with skiing privileges. they did change their policy for shop employees as well, but that's another topic.

• 4 weeks later...

the low blows continue at Blue...my dad works in ski school and he came home and told me about all the employee policy changes.

he doesn't know what to do family passes went up to 80 dollars each. food discounts dropped from 50percent to 40%. wages remained the same. they also must meet hour requirements. Whats gives our family isn't rich. my dad works on the weekends so that my brother and i can snowboard. he's there every weekend and he's getting screwed. i told him i wouldn't mind going to bear if they will treat him better. Does anyone else no anything about these changes.

Edited by bluesclues

the low blows continue at Blue...my dad works in ski school and he came home and told me about all the employee policy changes.

he doesn't know what to do family passes went up to 80 dollars each. food discounts dropped from 50percent to 40%. wages remained the same. they also must meet hour requirements. Whats gives our family isn't rich. my dad works on the weekends so that my brother and i can snowboard. he's there every weekend and he's getting screwed. i told him i wouldn't mind going to bear if they will treat him better. Does anyone else no anything about these changes.

You should be lucky that you get a pass for $80 just because your dad teaches ski school!

Blue will see that reducing employee perks will only result in unhappy employees and in the long run higher wages. I cant imagine that many of Blues weekend employees actually work there for those huge paychecks.