Big Boulder 11/23/08

AtomicSkier

I left my apartment in the southside of the B at around 8:35am. I stopped for a drink and a pretzel at the Wawa at 476 and 80, and then continued onto BB. I pulled into the parking lot at around 9:35ish, and as soon as I got the boots out of the back of my car, Dan- pulled up next to me. Then a few minutes later when I was booting up, a familiar face approached me...GahSkier George was in the house. It was nice for him to be there so I had someone to ski with, as Dan- was rolling deep with some coworkers. Bought our tickets, and went out to the lift, which didn't open until around 10:10.

First run down Big Boulder Park yielded ungroomed blown snow. Very awkward at first, but the second run down it was still untouched and was very fun and smooth. Third run down more people had skied it, so it was chalky already. I made a quick pit stop and got my Public Enemy's from my car, as they were much more suited to the snow conditions. After that, the snow was much more fun, and there was some nice skiable stuff through the trees and under the lift. George and I lapped that except for one time down Bunny Buster after they opened it up. Around 11:30 I saw Big Foot skiing down under the lift. It was actually Jordon, who I recognized right away. We skied the remainder of our runs with him.

It was a good time. Snow was interesting, but very fun. It was also very tiring. I was hoping to find BBPark groomed so I could just rip turns down it, but I was very pleased at the end of the day. We left around 12:30, and it was still only 22 degrees. Now I'm back in the B working on a project :(

Lots of PASR's in the house for BB's third day of the season. Stoke!

Anyone going up tomorrow evening?

boulder was sick.. the crowd wasn't to bad.. i only saw dennis and i met TT C6, but other then that i did not recognized anyone

overall it was a good day till the girl who was with us split her chin open and had to go to the hospital.. pretty much ending the day

Good to meet ya. :) How did the girls with the nose ring split her chin?

Last night was definitely fun. Visibility was a big issue for me though with the guns. Definitely not complaining, still a great time. I got there around 4:30 took about 3 or 4 runs then ran into Jordan on the lift, who it was great to meet and ski with. After about 2 hours or so I hit the road. The snow is really nice. There's definitely plenty of good coverage and base....no need for the beaters. The only rocks I noticed were to skiers far right on Snowdrift, which really isn't officially open yet.....The worst part of last night though, finding out projected opening for JF is 12-13!!! :banghead

she caught edge or something on the one down rail and ended up smacking her chin right off the the rail.. it split right open and she ended up needing stitches

Damn. That sucks. I busted my sack grinding a a rail in Philly back in the day. I've been paranoid about getting banged up on them ever since. Hope she's OK and doesn't scar up too bad. If it''s the girl I'm thinking of, she was pretty hot.

It sounds like I missed out on a really fun PASR day at Big Boulder. AtomicSkier is laying down railroad tracks..-Dan still hauls ass and T.Maki can ski switch better than most people can ski regular..and of course..Phillycore is always bringing stoke to the slopes...any pictures from yesterday?

Jordan took a picture of George and I, and I took one of him...though I haven't seen Jordon on yet...

Did you end up carpooling with anyone?

3 of us car pooled on Saturday and another group of 5 carpooled on Sunday. Saturday was a little awkward because the 2 guys were new members of our snowboard that I haven't met before. But, they were cool and we had a good time. I can;t understand why people on PASR haven't been carpooling from the beginning. It just makes sense. Who wants to hit the mountain alone and pay for gas and tools all by themselves?

Edited by TT C6