Snowaking Update

BC-Mark

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've gone over this a million times, temp. isn't the problem getting non-season pass holders is. If the $$$ is there they will stay open.

Believe me.. if its cold and the snow is decent.. people will come no matter when it is. May they have to go back to $25 extended day tix again? maybe. But from what I heard.. Bear Creek financially is doing way better than they expected. Taking just season pass holders.. even before the season they were already up 20%.

Money is not a problem with Bear Creek. Neither is crowds. There was a decent crowd tonight for it being 0F on the slopes.

• 4 weeks later...

After a mid-winter preview of spring, snowmaking weather returns tonight. We will be making on all trails and should be able to lay down a nice layer or 3" to 4" overnight.

The long range shows decent temps through Monday night with a little bit of a warm up Tuesday/Wednesday followed by more cold air.

Conditions should be improving each day. Look for some changes in the park this week and, if we get enough snow down, possibly a big new feature in the Tubing Jump Line.

1/4 pipes are soooo much fun if they are built right. i remember a couple years ago at Mount Snow they had a huuuuge one at the bottom of their super pipe. so much fun.

We can only hope that they are gonna make one. They already have one thats pretty fun, but it gets beat up and its a little small. I think that nice quarter pipes are one of the most fun features that a mountain can have

be there at nine. i'll be wearing green n white jacket. black pants and black helmet with green goggles and riding a green and yellow skate banana. i should be over on the other side a lot tomorrow doing the usually spraying noobs but i'm really not an asshole so say hi if you see me. i'll answer to jibhonk or cole or pasr

how bout making that last jump like 55 or 60 feet, that would be nice, although speed would definetly be an issue. a qp could be cool, i just hope they dont do away with the last jump in favor of a channel gap or something

Edited by Oakley21

Disappointing weather last night, we didn't get favorable conditions until 4am so the snowmaking team decided to groom out the skim coat of natural snow that fell and call it a night.

Tonight looks like far more promising and we anticipate a 10pm startup and 10 full hours of snowmaking.