Snowaking Update

BC-Mark

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the weather is breaking in our favor and we are going to receive some frozen precip of one kind or another tomorrow. Let's hope the forecast calling for 6" - 10" of snow is the one that comes true but at this point, anything is better than rain.

We should begin making snow Friday night and will be able to make the next 5 nights almost definitely. There is an outside chance for additional terrain to open Saturday and a much better chance for Sunday.

It looks like the weather is breaking in our favor and we are going to receive some frozen precip of one kind or another tomorrow. Let's hope the forecast calling for 6" - 10" of snow is the one that comes true but at this point, anything is better than rain.

We should begin making snow Friday night and will be able to make the next 5 nights almost definitely. There is an outside chance for additional terrain to open Saturday and a much better chance for Sunday.

sounds good! thanks for the update

So the 8" to 10" of snow never materialized yesterday but the good news is we did get a few inches of sleet and freezing rain that added to the base and, after the groomers are done with it, actually rides pretty well.

In addition, we got the guns fired up around 3am and will have some fresh made snow on top of the corduroy so today should be pretty nice.

The added bonus is we were able to make enough snow to open F lift today, a day earlier than anticipated, and tickets will still be $25 for Saturday. Sunday we go to full price so come take advantage of the bargain today.

The plan is to make snow tonight, tomorrow night, all day Monday, Monday night, possibly Tuesday and definitely Tuesday night. By the end of this stretch we should be covered edge to edge all over the mountain!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Santa brought us a lot of rain yesterday and and through the night. The good news is we didn't lose too much snow. We will likely be able to make snow tonight and then starting again mid week next week.

The conditions should be pretty nice today and I would anticipate them to be even better tomorrow.

Snowmaking will begin tonight around 9PM. We will be making until about 8AM tomorrow. The forecast looks great and we should be able to make every night for the next 5 at least.

It looks like we might even get a hand from Mother Nature in the form or real snow on Friday.

the next two weeks look great!

and the longer range gfs models look good too

Did somebody just really mention the gfs weather model.. do you mean i'm not the only nerd in here who looks at that shit? :D

FWIW, that model does have somewhat of a persistent cold bias in the winter in the long range...

woah. are you kidding? i would look at those models all the time.. but i dont have the link... so feed it to me and i'll be a nerd with you

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/

I suggest you also google a little reading on understanding what these models do. It will help you to understand the output better. That said.. here's what I'm seeing

Sunday's storm will be more freezing rain that anything. Sucks cause its going to ruin some good conditions..

Wednesday's also looks more liquid.. the storm track is way too far inland. That said.. the period from the 13th on looks nice.. with a Alberta Clipper system about every 36 hours.

Wish i had better news