Snowaking Update

BC-Mark

Disappointing weather last night, we didn't get favorable conditions until 4am so the snowmaking team decided to groom out the skim coat of natural snow that fell and call it a night.

Tonight looks like far more promising and we anticipate a 10pm startup and 10 full hours of snowmaking.

Mark.. so were into March now. How much longer do you anticipate staying open up there.. looks like 2 more nights of good snowmaking weather.. then warm conditions for the rest of the week and into next week..

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had some great snowmaking last night and looks like more excellent production tonight. After that, it looks like we are out of luck for the remainder of the 10 day period.

Given the amount of snow we have on the trails right now, I am pretty comfortable saying we will definitely be open through the 15th barring any huge washouts or prolonged 70F periods. If we have average temperatures for March, I am almost as confident we will hit the weekend after that. Beyond that, it is alwasy a guessing game.

Starting Monday, March 9th we will be honoring all season passes and 6 session passes at any time for the remainder of the season.

Another great night of snowmaking. I just got off the mountain and the guys really put out some massive piles last night. It looks like we have one more night tonight and then the warm weather arrives.

I would skip out on any obligations you might have and get here today or tomorrow, conditions are prime.

I shot some morning photos of the guys handy work. They really deserve a round of applause for their efforts this season.

post-791-1236171576_thumb.jpg

post-791-1236171628_thumb.jpg

post-791-1236171696_thumb.jpg

post-791-1236171793_thumb.jpg

post-791-1236171865_thumb.jpg

Another great night of snowmaking. I just got off the mountain and the guys really put out some massive piles last night. It looks like we have one more night tonight and then the warm weather arrives.

I would skip out on any obligations you might have and get here today or tomorrow, conditions are prime.

I shot some morning photos of the guys handy work. They really deserve a round of applause for their efforts this season.

Great to hear mark... and it looks like the long range forecast is improving. Looks like next Wednesday there may be enough of a break in the warm weather to make snow again!

Good for him, he was always super stoked on skiing and a super cool guy....unless you cut Teresa off or went of the side of rails. LULZ

hahaha yeah about that its hilarious. after kids encounter him they will never ever go off the side of a lip again.

rumor i been hearin is 21st

there looks to be some cold it would be nice if they just blew ALLOUT in the park i mean every gun they can fit and just do what boulder does in the begining of the year and run hoses from kodiac and the bunny hill n destroy the park

if they beat blue and spring they should get some business

Edited by sanchezzz

I really don't think they will blow any more snow..There is a lot more there than you think ..Sure the park won't be at it's mid winter best but it's still better than nothing...Today the paved area in the lower lot wasn't even full....I predict a March 22nd closing

Edited by Mixilplix