What don't you like about the "new" Blue

AtomicSkier

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinks that have always sucked, but still:

Bad snowmaking because of the old guns on some trails

BAD GROOMING!!! Word of advice, get some groomers that actually ski, and maybe they'll back off the throttle a little bit. Slower is better!

More lights! There are some dark spots on main street towards the bottom

Really, the big thing for me is the snow quality.

Lifts are good, terrain is great, management has made some lame decisions but nothing that egregious yet other than closing early last year (lets see if that becomes a trend), but the big knock is the snow quality. It is 2nd worst in my book behind mountain creek on a consistent basis. I see more ice, sugar, and death cookies there than anywhere else. Part of that is elevation, but a lot of it is snowmaking system and grooming.

Oh yeah and the new Blue still has line cutters..If I'm standing for 15 minutes to get scanned in..don't stroll in front of me at 7:58..be polite..and I am sort of excited to see what this new season passholders line will be like..because there are at least several hundred seasonpassholders who regularly ski Blue during weekends and holidays. If a season passholder is with non passholders..they can just go in the regular line..

Forgive my ignorance.... but what is this you mean by "line cutters"

and 15 minutes to get scanned in?

Does Blue mountain have 15 minute lines at the lifts and do you get some kind of ID barcode

scan every time you get on the lift? Is it that crowded at Blue ?

Does Blue mountain have 15 minute lines at the lifts and do you get some kind of ID barcode

haha I started laughing in real life

We wait in line 15 minutes before the mountain opens to start skiing for the day.

2) Closing because of rain

Bad snowmaking because of the old guns on some trails

BAD GROOMING!!! Word of advice, get some groomers that actually ski, and maybe they'll back off the throttle a little bit. Slower is better!

How can you bash their snowmaking, and their grooming after bashing them for closing because of rain?

How can you bash their snowmaking, and their grooming after bashing them for closing because of rain?

Because they're two totally different issues. It could be perfect temperatures, and Blue's snowmaking and grooming can suck. Closing because of rain is stupid, because the rain naturally groomed the snow and fixes Blue's bad grooming!

I love skiing after it has rained :)

Because they're two totally different issues. It could be perfect temperatures, and Blue's snowmaking and grooming can suck. Closing because of rain is stupid, because the rain naturally groomed the snow and fixes Blue's bad grooming!

I love skiing after it has rained :)

Too totally different issues that both effect snow quality. Something you've never given 2 shits about. You're just pissed you couldn't mindlessly add vert on a rainy day. If that is why your upset admit it, don't bitch about other crap to justify it.