Monday Night Beer League Racing at Blue

mbike-ski

Anybody interested in putting a team together? I'm thinking about it...any body ever done it? Is it slalom or GS/Nastar type course?

Monday Night Challenge Series

Pinnacle Sports / Miller / Blue Mountain CHALLENGE SERIES - GET YOUR TEAM READY NOW! Monday Night Racing will return for 2009 to highlight the adult racing program. Starting January 12th, 2009 and running five consecutive Monday Nights, Blue Mountain will offer you and your teammates a chance to compete for some great prizes and awards. Share the camaraderie and fast paced action as you and your team blast out of the starting gate and blaze down the race course. Register your team early so you won

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have 0 race experience, 0 race skis, and 0 anything that has to do with racing. but, i do like to drink, and i do like to ski.

I was in the same boat last year. Found an old set of carving skis for $175 and skied on them a little bit the week before Beer League started. Ended up running what I think were some pretty competitive times, and had a great time in the process.

Unfortunately I start a new job at the end of the month and am not sure if I can make it up in time to do Beer League this year. I haven't found out my schedule yet. Kinda bummed... You can use my carving skis if I still have them and can't do it.

I was in the same boat last year. Found an old set of carving skis for $175 and skied on them a little bit the week before Beer League started. Ended up running what I think were some pretty competitive times, and had a great time in the process.

Unfortunately I start a new job at the end of the month and am not sure if I can make it up in time to do Beer League this year. I haven't found out my schedule yet. Kinda bummed... You can use my carving skis if I still have them and can't do it.

i might take you up on that offer man. i'll let you know if i'm doing this or now.

i have 0 race experience, 0 race skis, and 0 anything that has to do with racing. but, i do like to drink, and i do like to ski.

I did the beer league at Sno one Thursday last year and I managed to get a bronze. Now, remember, I basically learned how to really ski last year (I don't count my few trips out a decade ago when I was in high school). So, if I can get a bronze, I am SURE you'll do well!!

Problem is that I'll be gone two of the Mondays and I suck at Nastar..so I'm going to stick with the occasional Thursday night Nastar..I really think Atomic Jeff should join your team..and not be such a sellout on First Gread Teachers team..

I doubt there will be enough interest to ever field a seven man team on a given week. You can race the other five weeks. I know I'll be in CO during one of the races.

Monday is mens day at Blue mountain so 24 dollar evening lift tickets for Men..Ladies have to pay 34 bucks..

LOL, I thought you were joking until I went to their site to check. That's awesome... I've never heard of a "Men's night" outside an Alternative Lifestyles club.

I may have a female racer interested in joining as well.

Now that we seem to have enough interest, who is definite they want to do this.

I can call tomorrow and get the rest of the details. I have friends on other teams that I will talk to as well.

I may have a female racer interested in joining as well.

Now that we seem to have enough interest, who is definite they want to do this.

I can call tomorrow and get the rest of the details. I have friends on other teams that I will talk to as well.

If you're in, I'm in.

ok - dave from blue just called - one time entry fee of $185= ~$30/racer or $6 night + $22 night tix for non pass holders($32 night less $10 mens day discount) = $28 for non pass holders - you guys in? I would need to get the team entry form and fee in before next monday (1/12) then get everyone's release and registration forms that monday night before 7p start. it would be great if we could register 7 so we could make sure we field 5 racers every night - any body talk to ski? i'm sure he'd love to help us kick fgt and jeffy's A$$! a-hahahaha

Edited by mbike-ski