2/2 storm thead

moe ghoul

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see how it plays out today, I'm not ready to call it a bust yet. I didn't see any rain out of it yet so I'm not that pissed. If it snows all day like it was this morning BC may end up with around 3 or 4 inches of fresh.

Coming back from VT last weekend and their 16 or so inches is kind of a kick in the pants though. Good thing I got 6 growlers of magic hat straight from the brewery to keep me happy. /claim :D

Streets are a mess around me. Drove home from montgomeryville, drive time was doubled because people suck at driving in the snow. Watched an RDX out of control in front of me because they slammed the brakes on a bigger downhill. So funny, as my subaru with 70 dollar good year tires kills it.

Probably got a good 5 inches, still coming down.

Edited by Dan-

Just drove home from a friends place in the Chestnut Hill section of Philly. There was about 4" all over down there, and I measured 5.5" in the middle of the yard at my place in Abington. I'd post some pics but I need to get rest... Roads are pretty crappy right now. All kinds of people with poor tires/vehicles/both. I was passing people all the way back cuz I wasn't gonna do 5mph with the hazards on. Townships had also been closing off some of the steeper roads to blitz them with salt for the morning commute. Looks like on-time openings or bust for tomorrow morning...

Bout 4" fresh here around bear creek. Tracked out the back yard. pics maybe??

Conditions at BC tonight started out a bit wet and sticky.. but as the snow continued to fall it got more powdery.. looked to be at least 4"+ at BC if not a bit more

Edited by HouseMuzik

That was a late night post after some whiskey and finishing the magic hat growlers. Me and my two friends (non-skiers) decided it would be a good time to hit the backyard at around 10 last night.

1233757085-737461-600x450-1233755698JAN31SNOW_006.jpg

They had fun just trying to get into the skis, I made my one buddy use my lines and reactors :lol: He couldn't get em on and off for shit.

It is cool to finally be at a point gear wise wear I can outfit 2 other people and me. They had a blast on the black diamond backyard, I had some fun too with some switch pow runs.

1233757271-737463-600x450-1233756236JAN31SNOW_012.jpg

This is what you get at the bottom of your ski hill when you live next to an old farm house.

1233757316-737464-600x450-1233755791JAN31SNOW_007.jpg

Great night, not a bad storm after all.

Philly International recorded 8 inches!!! So much for 1-3... Finished off with about seven about my place. All gone over the weekend it looks like...

Yeppers I'm 10 miles south of there

Of course the snow doesn't do any good down here skiing wise... the kids will get to go sledding for a day or two until the big thaw though..

Edited by phillycore