It this the beginning of the end?

sexkitten

Mar. 15th

*Cardboard Box Derby Registration 9:00 am to 11:00 am - Summit Lodge. Race starts 1:00 pm. Visit www.skibluemt.com for rules and details.

Mar. 22nd

*Pond Skimming Contest - Sponsored by Shea's Hardware & Liquid Lightning

Doesn't Blue usually have pond skimming on the last day? Does this mean Blue is planning to close March 22nd? I really hope not.

pond skimming isnt always on the last day at Blue.

i'll be happy if the 22nd is the last day. thats a good season in my book. it takes a lot of work, snow, and money to keep that place open much longer with how big it is.

I thought Gaper Day was the 1st and that closing was the weekend after. I'll have to go back thru the posts and look.

.............. Holy s#@%! From Doug...

Mar 22 2008, 02:09 PM

Hey All,

I'm back from my last day at Blue until December

and Doug lied, he skied there in November this year.

Mar. 15th

*Cardboard Box Derby Registration 9:00 am to 11:00 am - Summit Lodge. Race starts 1:00 pm. Visit www.skibluemt.com for rules and details.

Mar. 22nd

*Pond Skimming Contest - Sponsored by Shea's Hardware & Liquid Lightning

Doesn't Blue usually have pond skimming on the last day? Does this mean Blue is planning to close March 22nd? I really hope not.

I'm sure the new ownership at Blue cant wait to close and start counting all the money from what is surely a record season. I'd have to predict that March 22nd will be the last day.

lame. although the way the place is looking, they'll be lucky to have snow then if they dont blow some more asap. some nice dirty spots on challenge, lower sidewinder, and switchback, and sidewinder looked like it was falling apart, but it was closed all day.

I was there in todays wind storm, they have enough snow to stay open til April.

pond skimming isn't always on the last day at Blue.

See... that's what I wasn't sure of. For some reason I though Gaper Day was April 1st. Maybe that was the year before.

I agree..Blue needs a major snow making assault..there is still a decent base but the base is 2+ months old and it needs some freshening up or it's going to be mad sweet and low on crust..which goobers refer to as powder...

X3

of course they do. they ALWAYS do. but for some ungodly reason, they choose not to.

As always the answer is the almighty dollar, non pass holders just don't show up after mid March. Its not even a PA thing, most mountains in N.A. close with plenty of snow on the ground. For example, Alta closes in April while its neighbor stays open until July.

As always the answer is the almighty dollar, non pass holders just don't show up after mid March. Its not even a PA thing, most mountains in N.A. close with plenty of snow on the ground. For example, Alta closes in April while its neighbor stays open until July.

you sure that's not a national park thing? i know there's a bunch of mountains in colorado and utah that have to close by a certain date because they lease state/national park land and they have to close due to animal migration or something like that.

you sure that's not a national park thing? i know there's a bunch of mountains in colorado and utah that have to close by a certain date because they lease state/national park land and they have to close due to animal migration or something like that.

I thought that too, but the Bird was open til July like the season before last... Not sure if it was weekends only or what... It may also have something to do with the permits they both hold because they both are in designated forest lands... Wasatch National Forest?