Blue re-visited. My report. Parks still have same issues.

TT C6

So, I tried Blue out again, like I do every season since I stopped calling Blue my home mountain.

The mountain has the vertical, # of runs, and the high speed lifts, no doubt.

I can understand why freeriders/freeskiers go to Blue when they are stuck in PA.

But, I thought the parks sucked and I will NOT be returning to Blue again until they address some issues.

WHY DO THEY PUT A TERRAIN PARK ON THE RUN THAT IS SO CURVED/WINDY THAT THEY CALL IT SIDEWINDER ???!!!!!

Blue has so many EXCELLENT straight runs! They NEED to put a the park on a STRAIGHT run.

The positioning of the features is just plain stupid.

Why would you put jumps on top of each other when you have SO much room on the mountain?

The little "jump line" at the top was fun, but the landings weren't good and the lift you took to lap it was the slowest I've ever been on.

Blue had blue ice on the landings and surrounding the jib features, and the bomb holes that made me look for a new mountain were still there as well.

Now, I know it was windy, but that ice looked like it was there for a long time.

Not as big of a deal, but, why would you line 3 rails/boxes up, side-by-side, so you can only hit ONE of the 3 per run ????

I know variety is nice, but why not spread them out over the mountain?

I don't want to sound completely negative, but I have to be honest with my report.

Take it for what it's worth.

Flame suit on.

Edited by TT C6

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont hit rails/boxes anyway, so dont complain about them being set they way they are... even though they are fine. and i dont know what "little jump line" you are talking about that is accessed by a slow lift... that is non-existant at Blue.

the jump line on sidewinder is so nice. the jumps were sick yesterday and the landings were fine.

so what day were you there to ride park?

i hope you aren't judging a park by the way conditions were on a powder day... i would hope you know better than that.

*edit* i've been to Blue 47 times this year and skied park basically every day i was there. i have had one bad day in the park and that was because of crazy wind. Blue has put out a great park this year.

Edited by toast21602

you dont hit rails/boxes anyway, so dont complain about them being set they way they are... even though they are fine. and i dont know what "little jump line" you are talking about that is accessed by a slow lift... that is non-existant at Blue.

the jump line on sidewinder is so nice. the jumps were sick yesterday and the landings were fine.

i hope you aren't judging a park by the way conditions were on a powder day... i would hope you know better than that.

*edit* i've been to Blue 47 times this year and skied park basically every day i was there. i have had one bad day in the park and that was because of crazy wind. Blue has put out a great park this year.

while i dont agree with the flagrant use of the fancy editor tools... the park report is spot on. i don't get to ride blue on weekdays anymore, and i'm stuck with weekends and nights. every weekend i've been there, i think aside for the last one after we got some rain, the park has been really fun. if i go up at night after work, yeah, stuff gets icy, but so does anywhere in PA. the rails up top are in my opinion set up just as well as almost everything i've hit at boulder this season, aside from the fact that blue doesn't have an urban handrail aside from the dfd. there are no small jumps up top, and the jumps up top, on sidewinder, are accessed by the most comfortable lift in eastern PA. the place can't be judged on a day when conditions in general are not prime.

You don't have to hit all the rails/ jumps to know that they are shitty. Sounds like somethings will never change there at blue, there features are alway questionable when I go. Also setting up multiple features in one spot is only good if there is a complete line, otherwise pointless, just spread the crap out.

while i dont agree with the flagrant use of the fancy editor tools... the park report is spot on.

Truth is truth, no matter the style of delivery or the source. :)

I rest my case.

I have NO idea why a MODERATOR is arguing with someone about their impressions of a mountain. Kind of ironic, but you might want to moderate yourself.

Since you are Blue worshiper, it's no surprise you would blindly defend YOUR mountain. You should know the parks and lifts there. Do some research.

You obviously did NOT ride that day or you would realize how stupid your post was.

Edited by TT C6

You obviously did NOT ride that day or you would realize how stupid your post was.

you're right. i did not ride that day and if that is the day you are judging the park on, you are probably right... nothing is going to be set up well wiht 4 inches of snow on the ground and yes, it is going to be windy in a snowstorm. i'm sorry you spent your day in the park with snow falling and had a bad time.

you dont hit rails/boxes anyway, so dont complain about them being set they way they are...

Although I prefer to hit jumps, I do hit jibs and I just picked up a new setup for hitting rails/boxes for the Spring when conditions leave me without jumps.

So, although your statement was completely stupid to begin with, it fails too.

Although I prefer to hit jumps, I do hit jibs and I just picked up a new setup for hitting rails/boxes for the Spring when conditions leave me without jumps.

So, although your statement was completely stupid to begin with, it fails too.

oh so you hit them on Monday? how did you like the flat-down, into the fdf, into the flat bar, and then the urban dfd rail? that line is so perfect.

you're right. i did not ride that day and if that is the day you are judging the park on, you are probably right... nothing is going to be set up well wiht 4 inches of snow on the ground and yes, it is going to be windy in a snowstorm. i'm sorry you spent your day in the park with snow falling and had a bad time.

The "powder" was blown off and the wind had nothing to do with my assessment of the conditions. I'm sorry you are so blinded by love for Blue you can't be objective. I have been a HUGE JFBB supporter for a few years now, but I freely posted 3 weeks ago they have gone down hill and that I preferred Camelback's jump line this year. Get over it.

The "powder" was blown off and the wind had nothing to do with my assessment of the conditions. I'm sorry you are so blinded by love for Blue you can't be objective. I have been a HUGE JFBB supporter for a few years now, but I freely posted 3 weeks ago they have gone down hill and that I preferred Camelback's jump line this year. Get over it.

just because i have been there 47 times this year and have only had one bad day in the park doesn't mean i'm "blind." i think that title can go to you, the person who has been there once in a snowstorm and is complaining about conditions of the park.

just because i have been there 47 times this year and have only had one bad day in the park doesn't mean i'm "blind." i think that title can go to you, the person who has been there once in a snowstorm and is complaining about conditions of the park.

YOU were NOT there. So, please don't tell me about the conditions. The effects of the "snowstorm" was negligible. I am critical of Blue over the design, layout, and grooming which continues to be an issue for them. These are all things that can be rectified. Hopefully, posts like mine, and others like it, might make them do something.

Go ride 5 locations in PA this week (like I did) and then make your own assessment. Then we'll see how "objective" you are.

oh so you hit them on Monday? how did you like the flat-down, into the fdf, into the flat bar, and then the urban dfd rail? that line is so perfect.

I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you. You have proven that you are blindly loyal to Blue and have ZERO objectivity in your posts.

Enjoy riding wherever you like to ride. I know I am.

Edited by TT C6

TTC6 would say- "The what in the what now? That's how I was born!" :woot

I'm starting to question whether or not TT C6 actually rides or if he's just posting here for the fun of it.

We could find out if any of us took up his offer on one of his many carpool threads...

...or not... :P

TT C6... as to why you were riding the park on a powder day is beyond me...

TT C6... as to why you were riding the park on a powder day is beyond me...

That's because the little powder that fell was blown away on the runs I was riding.

I ride 2+ times a week, sometimes with other PASR that don't post about it. (Thank God)

I haven't posted carpools in a while because I don't have room in my car anymore.

It seems I'm not the only person from Philly that rather pay $20 a weekend in gas/tolls instead of $80.

Thank God. I was tired of all the abuse I was getting on here by kids who's parents pay for their gas or live close to the mountains.

I'm confused by the slow lift comment? The 6-pack is one of the faster lifts in the area.

As for the trail turns, well that was true in the past but really there is only one bad turn now, right at the end of the jump line where the wall ride is gets pretty sketchy at times if a lot of people are sitting there and its icy. But parks don't have to be laser straight like they are at JFBB/Camelback/Bear, I guess I just grew up at Mountain Creek - but all the parks at MC have way more twists, turns, and splits than Blue and they had better parks than anyone else at the time. It is just a matter of how you set it up. The old line on from northern to indian at MC was a few jumps and jibs, uphill section, hard left turn, two big step downs, hard right turn, 35 foot table top, 40 foot single barrell rail, super hard left turn, 65 foot s rail, 50 foot rollercoaster rail. There was an intersection between the table and the 40 footer, and then between the 40 footer and the s rail, and a crossing to get to the bridge for the pipe. Compared to all that going on, Blue feels straight. Even today MC goes all over the place with their park.

And what about Mount Snow, sure Blanco Gulch was straight in the past, but now the stuff on Carinthia weaves more than the stuff in PA, and that is still good.

Truthfully Blue doesn't have a better trail for a park. You don't want it on razors or challenge because they are way too steep, you don't want it on paradise because thats you standard green, and the other side of the mountain has slow lifts. Maybe the only thing they can do is move the wall ride back a bit so that you have more time after the last big jump, but other than that its fine.

Some of the stuff in the Blue park still makes me scratch my head, but I have to say this year its a lot of fun. The boxes are so wide it is a joke but the setups are better than they have been in the past. Conditions were fine the 3 times I've been there, so I can't complain.

Truth is truth, no matter the style of delivery or the source. :)

I rest my case.

i quoted toast, not you. i haven't ridden 5 parks in one week like you have, but i have ridden three in one week, several times this year, and blue usually wins out aside from boulder's big jump. blue's park has more flow to it than any other that i've ridden this year except for maybe freedom at times, but that's only rails anyway.

That's because the little powder that fell was blown away on the runs I was riding.

I ride 2+ times a week, sometimes with other PASR that don't post about it. (Thank God)

I haven't posted carpools in a while because I don't have room in my car anymore.

It seems I'm not the only person from Philly that rather pay $20 a weekend in gas/tolls instead of $80.

Thank God. I was tired of all the abuse I was getting on here by kids who's parents pay for their gas or live close to the mountains.

your car must be getting pretty horrible gas mileage. i live in philly, and usually ride 3 times a week, and my gas receipts definitely don't add up to $80. granted i'm usually going to blue, but jfbb is not that much farther, and its all highway...

your car must be getting pretty horrible gas mileage. i live in philly, and usually ride 3 times a week, and my gas receipts definitely don't add up to $80. granted i'm usually going to blue, but jfbb is not that much farther, and its all highway...

Gas and tolls cost me at least $40 a day. The price I have to pay to drive a performance car I guess. :(

i quoted toast, not you. i haven't ridden 5 parks in one week like you have, but i have ridden three in one week, several times this year, and blue usually wins out aside from boulder's big jump. blue's park has more flow to it than any other that i've ridden this year except for maybe freedom at times, but that's only rails anyway.

I definitely respect the level that you ski at and your opinion, but I strongly disagree with you. :)

The jump lines on Rhodo @ Camelback, BB's Boulder, and BB's Love park are ALL much better than anything at Blue.

For what it's worth, the jibbers I know all prefer Freedom to Blue as well.

But, everyone has an opinion.

Regardless, EVERYONE must agree that thick, solid ice is bad and that parks should be on a straighter run then Sidewinder and that Blue should spread the jumps out because they definitely have the room.

Edited by TT C6