Ridge

skimom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, did Ridge just better his best again.  :o

AWESOME

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! AH YEP!!!! he continues to chisel away at his Handicap.. thanks for following Ski Mom!! I didn't want to gloat and make a post about his accomplishments but since you noticed.

After the retabulation that is to occur at 2am tonight Ridge should now be ranked FIRST IN THE NATION in the Nastar Program!!!!

For a kid who seems to have raw talent the Nastar program has been a tremendous motivation for him to go faster. It has more than proven itself to me.. I will register him next year in the sanctioned stuff so that if he interested in participating in one of the ski team programs then he can..

Keith Dickerson at CB, in a 1 hour private lesson worked with Ridge in his starting technique today and he continued to improve his handicap..

One paceset last tuesday, was suspicious, Wednesday night against a 18 year old was verification of speed, But today at CB, was just freaking awesome for the kid. He is so pumped!!

Thank you for everyones support, we should be at BC Tuesday and Wednesday night if anyone is interested. Come on out, enjoy the awesome park, take some runs with us or hang out in the lodge. It is all good!

Rob, Ridge and Steven

Great job...  :rock

btw, verification of speed ?  I'm not fast at all.  I've only raced 3 NASTAR's in my life.  So I'm no racer, with those handicaps though, he should do pretty well in comparison to Adam, so that should be a real verification of his speed.

Funny... One Atomic down.. One Vokyl to go!! :lol

Funny...  One Atomic down..  One Vokyl to go!!  :lol

What do you ski on? I'd like to see how they fare against my Atomics, since you seem to talk such a good game. Next wednesday perhaps? The only people who have the right to say things about my skiing are the people who have beaten me. Those people include Adam, Ski999, and your son. You want to talk? You beat me. :lol:

What do you ski on?  I'd like to see how they fare against my Atomics, since you seem to talk such a good game.  Next wednesday perhaps?  The only people who have the right to say things about my skiing are the people who have beaten me.  Those people include Adam, Ski999, and your son.  You want to talk?  You beat me.  :lol:

I ski on Line Darksides - an all mountain ski that handles everything but doesn't do anything particularly well. So you know, my race skis are an older set of Atomic 9-18

I'll admit it, I am too scared to race this season, I am at about 100% now and I am feeling stronger every day since surgery last March. I won't be goaded into doing anything stupid like blowing out my other knee until I am ready. Maybe next year.

Let me say this about your skiing, you ski better than 99% of the people out there. I have all the rights to say that, right?

I ski on Line Darksides - an all mountain ski that handles everything but doesn't do anything particularly well. So you know, my race skis are an older set of Atomic 9-18

I'll admit it, I am too scared to race this season, I am at about 100% now and I am feeling stronger every day since surgery last March. I won't be goaded into doing anything stupid like blowing out my other knee until I am ready. Maybe next year.

Let me say this about your skiing, you ski better than 99% of the people out there. I have all the rights to say that, right?

of course, you can say all the good things you want about me :lol::lol:

Last March? As in last March? C'mon, don't be giving Jeff ammo like that. A good challenge between adults is much healthier than the bizaro world that went on last time. THE ONE WHERE RIDGE BEAT JEFF.

I checked the rule book and Jeff was technically correct about you trashing him and his boards. Limber up that knee. NASTAR isn't a black diamond bump run.

Last March? As in last March? C'mon, don't be giving Jeff ammo like that. A good challenge between adults is much healthier than the bizaro world that went on last time. THE ONE WHERE RIDGE BEAT JEFF.

I checked the rule book and Jeff was technically correct about you trashing him and his boards. Limber up that knee. NASTAR isn't a black diamond bump run.

No intent on anything other than supporting my son - I see everyone in this sport as an asset to Ridge's improvement and support - Even Atomic skis - I learned alot about that company last week..

After 25 yrs of being battered and bruised - skiing greens often terrifies me. I blew my knee last year in a lift line!! I can't lift my right arm over my head.. etc etc waaaa waaaa waaaaa - Yep I'm a sissy :wiggle:rock

After 25 yrs of being battered and bruised - skiing greens often terrifies me. 

We are SO LUCKY to have children that rip. I'm having a blast learning to ski and race in my 40's. When the 'dude leaves the nest, I'll have my own personal passions to help fill the void. And we will maintain a common thread, even if he rips and I am only age-appropriate.

And just think of the inspirational example you could set...what an amazing opportunity! Oh, well, grandmas are a good thing, too, and every family can use an extra one.

:woot:rolleyes: You bring up a great point.. Now I am an ashamed sissy... I said I wouldn't be goaded, now I am having second thoughts. I'd like to think I am more of a little league mom than a grandmother. :lol

:woot  :rolleyes: You bring up a great point..  Now I am an ashamed sissy...  I said I wouldn't be goaded, now I am having second thoughts. I'd like to think I am more of a little league mom than a grandmother.  :lol

The little league mom's of today are the grand mothers of tomorrow...

The Ski mom's of today are the Ski Grand mother's of tomorrow...

Awesome news..... It's been great reading about Ridge's progress all winter.

Hmmm.... a private lesson for ski racing. Should think about that......FOR ME!!!!!

I ain't having hubby do better than me. :devil:

I only started skiing again two years ago after a looooong absence. Last time I skied before that we were still wearing those ski leashes around our boots back in the 1970s.

I'm with skimom....it's been fun learning to ski and now to try ski racing.

Awesome news.....  It's been great reading about Ridge's progress all winter.

Hmmm.... a private lesson for ski racing.  Should think about that......FOR ME!!!!!

I ain't having hubby do better than me. :devil:

I only started skiing again two years ago after a looooong absence.  Last time I skied before that we were still wearing those ski leashes around our boots back in the 1970s.

I'm with skimom....it's been fun learning to ski and now to try ski racing.

Private Lessons, a little bit at a time, combined with the Nastar Program have proved invaluable in Ridge's development. The Nastar program shows dramatic improvement each time there was a lesson (2) or a change in gear (3) by way of the scoring system. The handicap system is variable but close enough to track major changes.

When we/I have been in doubt of the score - he simply raced another day at another place.. This has been a tremendous motivator for him - we check the results, track, review and discuss the scores. It really keeps him pumped up to try and do better. Hopefully some of the resorts from early in the season will continue to have Nastar so that we can return to them just to verify the improvement.. Racing head to head a couple of times can't compare progress unless all of the sudden you start winning when you weren't before.. My humble opinion....

I am a huge fan of Nastar!!! Can you tell? :rock:D

• 1 month later...