Hide out hill

poconoceancity

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I've never heard of that before. I'm not really sure I understand, but are you saying that the community has a ski slope, sorta like a country club or something, and they make a whole bunch of snow on it so you can ski late and also let you grass ski on it? Thats awesome!

Does it have lifts or a T-Bar or anything? Pretty cool if I understand it right.

Wow I've never heard of that before.  I'm not really sure I understand, but are you saying that the community has a ski slope, sorta like a country club or something, and they make a whole bunch of snow on it so you can ski late and also let you grass ski on it?  Thats awesome!

Does it have lifts or a T-Bar or anything?  Pretty cool if I understand it right.

yupp, exactly. They have a double chair lift...The lift only opens on friday nights and weekends. Ski999 uses it as his place to ski after everywhere else closes. So if you think you're going to end up with the most days for the season, chances are, you won't, I'm pretty sure he does "glacier style" skiing into May.

yupp, exactly.  They have a double chair lift...The lift only opens on friday nights and weekends.  Ski999 uses it as his place to ski after everywhere else closes.  So if you think you're going to end up with the most days for the season, chances are, you won't, I'm pretty sure he does "glacier style" skiing into May.

Theres a resort called eagle rock about 30 min. west from JF and they have the same deal...if you are a home owner you ski for free...but they close early march every year.

One double, one J bar, and four trails. The Hideout Ski Hill makes Tanglwood seem like Vail. Funny, Atomic, but my time for the Hideout ski races are always about 17 seconds...about the same as BC.

It's perfect for grass skiing, though. A gentle blue square is the ideal terrain. And they even cut the grass a few times for us.

I tossed a few old pics in a gallery:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p..._album&album=40

It's the closest thing to snow skiing by far. And, yeah, you are forced to carve; grass skis don't skid. I was hooked on them the first run I took. You really have to earn your turns, though. Blue squares seem a heckuva lot steeper when you hike up them.

It's the closest thing to snow skiing by far. And, yeah, you are forced to carve; grass skis don't skid. I was hooked on them the first run I took. You really have to earn your turns, though. Blue squares seem a heckuva lot steeper when you hike up them.

get the lift turned on, and we'll have a "By invitation only" PASR day @ the hideout hill :P in July :lol:

Grass Skis are way, way harder than they look. They are really fun, but the problems are, you can't pizza to slow down, you can't hockey stop to slow down, you can't slide on them, and its really hard to turn them. Also when you start going fast, realize you can't stop, and fall, the ground hurts much more than the snow.

I don't know if it was just the pair that I was on, but it was so hard to turn. You'd just be going down and trying to turn, then freaking out that they wouldn't turn, and then all of a sudden, whoom they turn really sharp. They are really fun if you get going nicely and under control.

People have told me that they use to do grass-sking at CB way back in the day (with the lift running and everything). That would have been awesome. They said that people broke their ribs to much and then CB became the CB it is today, which would never even consider grass skiing. Too bad.