Hide out hill

poconoceancity

Grass Skis are way, way harder than they look.  They are really fun, but the problems are, you can't pizza to slow down, you can't hockey stop to slow down, you can't slide on them, and its really hard to turn them.  Also when you start going fast, realize you can't stop, and fall, the ground hurts much more than the snow.

I don't know if it was just the pair that I was on, but it was so hard to turn.  You'd just be going down and trying to turn, then freaking out that they wouldn't turn, and then all of a sudden, whoom they turn really sharp.  They are really fun if you get going nicely and under control.

People have told me that they use to do grass-sking at CB way back in the day (with the lift running and everything).  That would have been awesome.  They said that people broke their ribs to much and then CB became the CB it is today, which would never even consider grass skiing.  Too bad.

yeah if you look in the far museum in the main cafe they have a pair and a picture of some kid on grass skis saying that "people used to grass ski in the summer so skiing would become more popular."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurker, that's exactly what I felt like the first few times. It was like being a newbie skier again, but with no way to stop them. Think how hard it would be to ever learn to snow ski if you weren't able to snow plow, skid, or do a hockey stop...

We would definently have a lot less skiers on the mountain. Well, Alive ones at least.

Lineski, so that was CBs strategy back then too? Offer grass skiing, but only because it would make them more money in the winter?

Edited by lurker

camelback offered grass skiing from 1970- 1973, but it was unsecsessfull

They discovered that erecting plastic tubes with water flowing through them would be much more successful. Stupid CamelBeach <_< How many times can you slide down the same tube over and over again and still be entertained?

Dunno, never had a party there. But when I have groups of people up, we end up at the lake beach and pools. The beach is free to our guests and the pool is $2, or so. Come to think of it, after a long day of grass skiing, I usually head to the lake.

Dunno, never had a party there. But when I have groups of people up, we end up at the lake beach and pools. The beach is free to our guests and the pool is $2, or so. Come to think of it, after a long day of grass skiing, I usually head to the lake.

like i said to you in a PM, i don't know how long our lake house will be out of commission. I'm hoping it won't take too long. Though, i've seen other houses raised, and it seemed to take awhile. however, when one side of your bedroom is a foot higher then the other, something just has to be done. :lol:

I have a .22!

I think Zonked has just offered another PASR summer day. BTW, Zonked, Greg and Jeff are lying bastards. I don't really have any children at all and, well, I'm still in mourning over my late wife.

haha, I remember from the Montage PASR day, you were trying to give guns away...haha

and btw, is this just some random little 4 yr old you were following :lol::lol:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...ype=post&id=344