Last year CB closed on 3/26/05

AtomicSkier

Long, long time ago, Camelback stayed open into early April a few times. They tried to make it a destination for spring breakers instead of heading to Fla. Yeah, like that was gonna happen. Unreliable snow conditions back then doomed that idea, however, it did result in the famous bikini photo shoot. Check out the book "The ups and downs of a Banana Belt Ski Area" for that bit of info.

PAX

I was hoping that one of the mountains would try for april 3rd, even if it was just weekends. It seems that it will be cold enough long enough to do that.

The only thing the closings will do is force me up north to Hunter, Killington, Mount Snow or something. (not like that is a bad thing) :)

I was hoping that one of the mountains would try for april 3rd, even if it was just weekends. It seems that it will be cold enough long enough to do that.

The only thing the closings will do is force me up north to Hunter,  Killington, Mount Snow or something. (not like that is a bad thing)  :)

Not sure where we are going after everything down here closes down...But I have a feeling we will be skiing much of april (and possibly later depending on how many weekends mum has to work in may)....We will see.

Anyway there is still a while before places down here close down...

It would be nice to stay open longer, maybe they can shut down night skiing and just do days Friday through Sunday, when they get the most business. From the weather forecast the snow is not going away anytime soon, so hopefully they could at least do weekends until its gone.

Hmmmm...I think Carter was just sworn in about the first time I had my ticket revoked by ski patrol at CB.

To be honest, I just don't really remember much about how late they were open, or when they reopened. My early years at CB were a mixture of Pink Floyd, pot, caffeine pills, and girls in tight ski pants.

I was at Mount Tom and Mt. Snow through most of the 80's. That was a mixture of Front 242, vodka, aspirin, and girls in tight ski pants.

• 11 months later...

The 1992-93 season at Blue mountain ended on April 5th, the 1993-94 season ended on April 10th, and since then they have closed in March every year.

Hey doug, this reminds me- what about the old trail maps you said you have? Come on, we're all dying to see them. :wiggle ( :no i am anyway)