Blue Season Pass

OutCold

I'm probably going to be getting my first season pass this year since I moved to PA from DE and am now a reasonable distance away from the pocs. I am debating between CB and Blue. I mainly just like to freeride around the mountain. I occasionally like to dabble in smaller jumps and rails, but nothing too crazy. I know I prefer CBs trails in general, but I like Blue's lower sidewinder boardercross thing. I am trying to decide which one I prefer. I know management at CB is usually pretty gay so that is a turn off too. Does anybody have any other opinions that might sway me one way or another?

CB has a new park manager/crew and they have really stepped up their park.

I can definitely agree that some PA mountains have serious management issues,

but I have not experienced that at CB.

If I was a freerider, I would do a season pass in VT and try to organize a group to share rides and either a seasonal rental or hotel rooms with. But, I know a lot of freeriders like Blue.

Since PA hills are so small, I think it's all about the park scene here.

So, I would recommend getting a pass at CB.

You like the trails at Camelback better than Blue??? If that's the case choose Camelback..

I like Cliffhanger and Pharoh both a lot. But at the same time, I like Razors and Lazy Mile at Blue. I just feel like there are more total ways down the mountain at CB than Blue.

I prefer Blue over Camelback. The runs are longer at Blue and the conditions are around the same, although Camelback does have a longer season now.. Camelback has a better park but you said you like to mess around on small jumps and stuff so I think Blue suits you better. I like that at the end of a run at Blue I can still go through the Terrain Run and hit a couple boxes or some small jumps on the way to the lift. If I feel like riding park than Sidewinder is half decent and the jumpline is usually pretty good. I think the freeriding is much better at Blue but park is much better at Camelback. For what you want I would choose Blue , you can have your top to bottom run and hit some smaller rails/boxes/jumps at the end of it. Plus they setup a separate smaller park on Come Around which is usually okay and would probably be good for you. This will also be my first year as a pass holder at Blue after deciding between a couple places. If you really want a good top to bottom park than look somewhere else than Blue , it takes forever to get Sidewinder built.

if people think that the only thing to do in PA is ski park then you either suck or aren't looking for anything else.

Thanks there, Travis Rice. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A lot of people feel the same way we do.

camelback's got a longer season, better park, better terrain (my opinion), do it.

I agree.

Sidewinders are for the reptile cage, not the jump line.

Well CB offers free skiing to season passholders of other mountains when other places close, so it doesn't matter how long they stay open since its free.

Yup.

They did that so people will buy their season pass at CB this year.

They don't do it so people can buy a season pass elsewhere knowing they're just going to take advantage of CB's generosity every year.

If you took advanatge of CB's generosity last year, and you enjoyed their mountain, you should AT LEAST consider buying this year's season pass.

If not, you gotta feel oblilgated to refer some business to them mid season, don't ya?

I was a season pass holder at Camelback for 3 years and a season pass holder at Blue for 1. I enjoyed both of them, and the year I had my pass at Blue, I took advantage of the late season for free at Camelback. While you can argue all you want, the climate is different at Camelback (from my experience about 3 degrees), they stay open late, and are changing their snowmaking ideology slowly to make more snow later in the season. If you want the longer season, go to CB. I also agree that I like having more options of getting down the mountain. On the flip side, it is tough to deny that the cruisers at Blue are legit and are longer. Blues managements has also started some CB like policies (shutting some stuff down in the rain), and it seems to be headed more in that direction. I will also say however, that if you go during the week, I would keep in mind that during ALL 3 of the years I was at CB, they shut down the Stevenson lift midweek to cut costs. It might not be open.

All in all, if it were my choice, I would go CB. If they offer a cheap end of the season pass again (less than $150) then I would be hard pressed not to get it. This will be my first year in 5 seasons without a season pass.