Is it worth it?

Here's the problem,

I heard so many good things about big boulder i really would like to get a pass there this year. However, its a two our drive, so i wouldn't be able to go just during the night. Not worth the drive. but since i'm homeschooled i would be able to go all day.

..but..

is it worth it? is one park in JF just as good as the BB parks? or not so much. would it be worth it to spend the extra 300 dollars just to go once every other week and be able to go much later and earlier in the season?

I can't give up my BC pass cuz its so close and that where all my friends go. but for the extra 300 dollars is JFBB that good for me to get the second pass to there? or should i just go a few day trips and skip the pass?

thanks for the imput. i'm kinda stumped.

I can't give up my BC pass cuz its so close and that where all my friends go. but for the extra 300 dollars is JFBB that good for me to get the second pass to there?

That's a good question. I look forward to hearing responses from people that have a lot of experience riding both locations recently.

I rode BC in 2005. The park was pretty good when compared to others at the time. But,

the jumps dropped you too much if you hit them with any real speed. I'd like to hear some unbiased comparisons of BC to JFBB, CB, Blue, and VT.

Not that it matters, but since you posted it......Why are you home schooled?

is it worth it? is one park in JF just as good as the BB parks? or not so much. would it be worth it to spend the extra 300 dollars just to go once every other week and be able to go much later and earlier in the season?

I can't give up my BC pass cuz its so close and that where all my friends go. but for the extra 300 dollars is JFBB that good for me to get the second pass to there? or should i just go a few day trips and skip the pass?

One park is generally tamer than the parks over at Boulder. It usually consists of 3-4 sets of rails/boxes, 1 jump thats hardly a jump and more of a spine, and one decent jump at the end. The major plus is has going for it though is that its not all that used, thats not to say they're won't be gapers everywhere. Usually a good time.

I guess it comes down to how many times you really think you'll get there. If its going to be 10+, your pry better off getting a pass. One major benefit with the pass is they throw you a couple free passes to give/sell to your friends.

i have a blast at boulder everytime i go, and jack frost one park can actually be a lot of fun. as for bear its 15 minutes from my house so i too could never give up a pass there, and the park is good. anyway i would say dont get the pass, just do some day trips, you can get atleast 8 to 10 trips for 300 bucks, and if you dont make it up as much as you had hoped you wont feel like your losing money. plus gas/tolls/etc arent cheap if your going up by yourself

besides it doesnt sound like you have ever ridden boulder from the wording of your post, i wouldnt drop that kind of money for things i have heard over the internet.

12 times early/late season at $25 a lift ticket (what they were charging last year, i believe) would equal the 300 for a pass. considering you'll have about a month at boulder before bear opens, and about a month at boulder after bear closes, plus a few times throughout the season, the pass could easily be worth it, if you think you'll get up there often enough. i rode boulder and bear a bunch last year, and boulder is consistently better than bear is, in all aspects except that their chairlifts are really uncomfortable. they have much better jumps, much better rails, generally better snow, and a longer season. the only downside for you is the drive.

the year boulder opened nov 11 i had a pass to bear creek. with early/late season riding at bb, it came out to be above what a pass would of cost.

so my words of advice-get a pass to bear. if boulder opens early, get a pass as well, even if its just for early/late season. . plus JF has some glades :wub:

Edited by turd ferg

Hey thanks, i guess it all comes down to if i have enough money, because with buying a car, insurance, new snowboard, and a bc pass im gunna be pretty sucked dry.

thanks for the opinions i still have atleast till the end of october to make a decision :)

Not that it matters, but since you posted it......Why are you home schooled?

Why not? i get to snowboard whenver the heck i want, go up all day when school kids are stuck in school, since i homeschooled i get jobs usually only collage kids get because i can work the shift other kids are in school, so i get twice as much money, twice as much time, twice as little drama, and for me being a social person, i get just as much social.

so agian.. why not?

I wasn't being critical, just curious.

Why are you home schooled?

I didnt think you were being critical..

i gave you my answer.? what more do you want?

i thought about going to public school, but the benefits of homeschooling outway public school anyyy day.

is that what you wanted? or are you thinking of having alot more of an indepth answer?

i thought about going to public school, but the benefits of homeschooling outway public school anyyy day.

is that what you wanted? or are you thinking of having alot more of an indepth answer?

He's looking for a fight, and to be the center of attention....

and thats pretty much all you need to say. i'd stop there.

Home schooling is pretty rare, and most kid's aren't given the option.

Even the president's kids go to a traditional school.

So, I assume there is a good story there & he chose to sidestep the question.

after publicly posting about it.

Fine with me.

To the peanut gallery:

Re-read this thread and tell me who is starting shit.

It isn't me.

Answer: Why not? i get to snowboard whenver the heck i want, go up all day when school kids are stuck in school, since i homeschooled i get jobs usually only collage kids get because i can work the shift other kids are in school, so i get twice as much money, twice as much time, twice as little drama, and for me being a social person, i get just as much social.

so agian.. why not?

Maybe it was what his parents chose for him....

Honestly...does it matter why??

He gave you an answer....

Hey Core-

Butt the F out already.

Let the kid answer for himself.

There are a lot of reasons for home schooling.

I'm just curious since HE POSTED IT.

Seems like you started the shit here...not the other way around. If you had ANY reading comprehension skills at all, you would be able to read the kids answer as to why he is home schooled.

ANOTHER answer that you couldn't comprehend.

Home schooling is pretty rare, and most kid's aren't given the option.

Even the president's kids go to a traditional school.

So, I assume there is a good story there & he chose to sidestep the question.

after publicly posting about it.

Fine with me.

To the peanut gallery:

Re-read this thread and tell me who is starting shit.

It isn't me.

How about YOU re-read this thread. Boardin' Nerd gave you an answer TWICE!

and yet you asked 3 times why he's home schooled.

:snipit: i get to snowboard whenver the heck i want, go up all day when school kids are stuck in school, since i homeschooled i get jobs usually only collage kids get because i can work the shift other kids are in school :snipit:

so agian.. why not?

I think that's a pretty damn good answer as to why he's home schooled..further more, it was HIS decision, not his parents.

So TTC6, PLEASE get off this kids case...it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch.

Edited by ChefDave

lets start a new thread about why i was homeschooled.

Look my parents homeschooled me from when i was a kid, then when i got old enough to decide for myself i realized that homeschooling is better IMO anyway. now the reason you hi jacked my thread just to ask three different times why i was homeschooled is beyond me. can we get back on topic?

back to the original thread topic

I have another question, would you rather have a season pass to big boulder and go just about every other tuesday. or take like three or four road trips to vermont for the weekend all through out the seasoN? because that might be the decision i have to make. hmmm

i would skip the season pass for right now, see how many times you actually go,, and make the season pass decision later on. dont forget JFBB should again offer a season pass sometime in Feb that will cover the balance of the current year, and the following year...if i remember correctly its quite a good deal.

so...can we get back on topic here or what? wait.....what was the topic....skiing or school?

In 2003, I traded weekly PA riding for 2 weekends a month in VT.

But, I think the PA mountains have stepped it up in recent years and the decision has become harder.

Personally, I'd rather ride CB or JFBB every weekend than do VT a few times in 2010.

But, if I have to choose between riding PA every other weekend or viding VT once a month, that would be a tough call.

Bottom line:

As long as you have DECENT terrain to ride, I would choose whatever option gets you the most days of riding.

FYI:

I answered the kid's riding question in my first post.

The most common reasons for home schooling that I know are religious beliefs, child celebrity, and behavior issues. I was curious what his was.

What's the big deal with getting the answer anyway?

Remember, HE PUBLICLY POSTED HE WAS HOME SCHOOLED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

back to the original thread topic

I have another question, would you rather have a season pass to big boulder and go just about every other tuesday. or take like three or four road trips to vermont for the weekend all through out the seasoN? because that might be the decision i have to make. hmmm

The weekends in Vermont option, no question.

I'm not into the park scene though. Someone who is may have a different answer. If that's your thing it may be worth it to stay local and save the gas / money.