Adam gets lucky...

AtomicSkier

Looks like they are getting about 4-8 inches tonight...We will see. We have a cr*ppy lil rental car, that I don't think would make it to Alta in snow, so it looks like we will be at park city tomorrow.

We shall see...Life is hard

Looks like they are getting about 4-8 inches tonight...We will see.  We have a cr*ppy lil rental car, that I don't think would make it to Alta in snow, so it looks like we will be at park city tomorrow. 

yea man, stay off of Little Cottonwood Canyon Road (rt 210) when there is snow. that can get nasty :( (you need snowtires, or chains to be in the canyon, anyway)....

next to the mconkey lift at the top there is a blue trail, go halfway down that and to the right there wiull be like a bowl ( bottom i guess of mconkys). It is sooooo good in powder, and when i was there last yr no one skied it like all day

I think what was meant was deeper powder requires more work and you can't build up any speed in it.  I like snow, but any more than a few inches of ungroomed snow is too much.  I hate having to exhaust a lot of energy...that's why I like down hill skiing :rofl

nah, it's not that it's too much work, it's just that you can't lay down an arc :D

Well, you can make lots of huge arcing turns in fresh stuff, but I admit that the sensation is totally different.

And once it's all chopped up into crud, it requires concentration.

But, I actually chose to do some mogul runs yesterday because they are so much fun when the moguls are as soft as down comforters.

Well, you can make lots of huge arcing turns in fresh stuff, but I admit that the sensation is totally different. 

And once it's all chopped up into crud, it requires concentration.

But, I actually chose to do some mogul runs yesterday because they are so much fun when the moguls are as soft as down comforters.

fresh untracked stuff is great, but once it's been touched... :(

Looks like they are getting about 4-8 inches tonight...We will see.  We have a cr*ppy lil rental car, that I don't think would make it to Alta in snow, so it looks like we will be at park city tomorrow. 

Get your mom to drop you off at the mouth of the canyon and stick your thumb out!!.. I picked up a die hard like that once..