JF TR 12/23/09

Robert2

As C1er said:

A little more crowded today, holiday crowds starting to arrive - nice bluebird sky and great snow.

But I wouldn't call it crowded. Maybe "more crowded" than total solitude hills to myself all winter

during midweek skiing.

I could count on one hand all the people in front of me any time today on any hill and

I never had to wait for a lift line today.

Just pick a hill and lap it.

The snow guns were still running on Lehigh today and one thing interesting

there was that there was grooming done before this current layer of snow so

it wasn't 2 feet deep anymore....

it was more like a good shaped groomed base with 2 inches of fresh powder.

Again... very nice snow everywhere I went today on the west side.

JADIP

• Like 1

Nice report R2...great to see that JF is putting down that champagne powder. Not as good as cowboy powder, but close. When will you be at Blue next?

The Timmy Bus schedule is set for Fridays at Blue.

But since the next 2 Fridays are Christmas and New Years they do not run the Timmy Bus

at all anywhere so I figure no Blue for me until January 8th.

OMG robert2 just pwned GSS!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

For the people reading HOW WAS FLOYDS not knowing why this is a dickhead posting perhaps we needs to splain a little bit here.

GSS....

this friendly fellow..gss.jpg

likes to ski black diamonds while I stick to only greens and blues

because I snowboard 5 days a week for 4 years.... my retirement plan.

Floyds is a steep hill at Jack Frost that I will never see so EVERY TIME you see

GSS post here "HOW WAS FLOYDS"... he's just being a dick.

We only are into the second week of skiing and already GSS is being a dick.

What a surprise.

• Like 3

Floyd's is a black diamond by Pa. standards, and it's not ALWAYS groomed daily... peak has let it bump up pretty frequently from time to time..

My point here is that YOU MAKE YOUR FUN WHERE EVER YOU are comfortable.

It doesn't matter to me if there are steeper or narrower trails on the east side of JF.

I lapped the blues and greens all day, 5 days a week without ever coming close to getting injured so far....and this is year 4 of this fitness program for me.

I just couldn't do it every day if I was getting overly worn out on black diamonds.

For me its a daily fitness program. It sure beats jerking iron bars in a gym.

I think the east side goes into shadows before the west side.

As the sun sets, the trails east of ONE PARK turn bluish gray in the shadow of the mountain while the

west side still has sun lit trails.

That might not matter for you but I had a hell of time reading the terrain in ONE PARK at 3:30 yesterday.

I LOL'd..both at my comment and your picture...Floyds is an intermediate trail....cause it's groomed daily..

Considering the only trails at Blue are easy as shit you should shut the fuck up. What trail at Blue is more than intermediate?

Edit - and your lack of knowledge is showing through, Floyds is the most likely to be covered in moguls of any JF trail.

Edited by Kevin.

It doesn't matter to me if there are steeper or narrower trails on the east side of JF.

I lapped the blues and greens all day, 5 days a week without ever coming close to getting injured so far....and this is year 4 of this fitness program for me.

I just couldn't do it every day if I was getting overly worn out on black diamonds.

As the sun sets, the trails east of ONE PARK turn bluish gray in the shadow of the mountain while the

That might not matter for you but I had a hell of time reading the terrain in ONE PARK at 3:30 yesterday.

Hey Robert....FWIW I was agreeing with you.

My point for saying that peak lets Floyd's bump up was to bring up the fact that it makes it more challenging terrain.

More challenging terrain = higher likelyhood of injury (not always the case however)

While I agree with the statement "YOU MAKE YOUR FUN WHERE EVER YOU are comfortable"...Sometimes it's worth it to step out of that zone once and awhile.

Maybe just do one or two runs on the east side when no one is around.You don't have to do it at mach3 speed.

Give it a try you might just enjoy it.Plus you will be using some different muscles which will be benificial to your fitness program.

While I agree with the statement "YOU MAKE YOUR FUN WHERE EVER YOU are comfortable"...Sometimes it's worth it to step out of that zone once and awhile.

i agree with that one.

i know robert2 would be fine on east mountain, but for some reason chooses not to go over there.

now you two kiss and make up, GSS is just having some fun here. i find the both of you quite entertaining.